• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Hex

Banned
The only true downside to Breeze's debut is that it guarantees that he will be locked in a program with Ziggler for who knows how long.
You know how long they love to drag these things on.

imBask

Banned
nothing ever changes because the show is trash, that's not because of the fans. Fans get behind good storylines, we all yes-yes'd Dbry all the way to the top and had a good time

the show is trash because it's trash, don't blame the fans

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
nothing ever changes because the show is trash, that's not because of the fans. Fans get behind good storylines, we all yes-yes'd Dbry all the way to the top and had a good time

the show is trash because it's trash, don't blame the fans

It's the WWE when it listens to the fans. Taking some cues is fine, but you compromise your vision. It's just like everyone over on gaming side crying about "oh, there's nothing original out there" yet this is what the fanbase wants. They don't want original. They want familiar.

WWE should not listen to its fans. This ensures a unique product, if the person in charge of it has stories worth telling, and they do. The crowd as a whole can be help correct things when you have a surprise ala Daniel Bryan, but relying on the entire group to shape the whole story is a fool's errand and ensures the whole "we focus tested this to hell so MOST people would like it" is poor storytelling.

imBask

Banned
RAW is canon, that's our storylines folks.

Cena vs someone, Ziggler?
Owens vs Ryback, I think
Reigns and Heath Ledger vs The Wyatts
Charlotte vs ??? is she even in a feud?
Team whatever vs team bellas and someone

Rollins vs Kane
in2015

imBask

Banned
It's the WWE when it listens to the fans. Taking some cues is fine, but you compromise your vision. It's just like everyone over on gaming side crying about "oh, there's nothing original out there" yet this is what the fanbase wants. They don't want original. They want familiar.

WWE should not listen to its fans. This ensures a unique product, if the person in charge of it has stories worth telling, and they do. The crowd as a whole can be help correct things when you have a surprise ala Daniel Bryan, but relying on the entire group to shape the whole story is a fool's errand and ensures the whole "we focus tested this to hell so MOST people would like it" is poor storytelling.

I somewhat agree, but i'm not sure where you're getting at.... what is the current situation then? How are you still defending Vince and his friends? What are the current storylines that makes you wanna watch RAW?

Bronx-Man

Banned

I get the argument you're making, but WWE makes blunders a lot more often from not listening to the fans than the opposite. Take Reigns for example: everyone and their grandmother knew that putting Reigns in the main event of WrestleMania was too much, too soon but Vince went full steam ahead anyway. And it lead to Reign's connection with the audience being shattered almost permanently and the first ever WrestleMania to lose a profit.

Bandini

I think Breeze will be fine, he's solid in the ring and on the mic, has a good look, and has a gimmick that fits him. Getting paired with Hot Summer isn't the worst thing, hopefully they will be able to make it fun and playful.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's careful that we don't confuse what "listening to your fans" means.

It doesn't mean: Follow every single person's fantasy booking ideas.

It doesn't mean: Change every storyline every week based on your ratings.

It does mean: Listen to the crowd reactions to what you're doing and adjust the book accordingly.

It does mean: Book based on the needs of the audience of today. Don't act like it's 1995 and book for audiences that no longer exist, if you never change you won't gain new viewers and you'll just end up losing the ones that remain one by one until nobody's watching.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of bad decisions, 2k16 bought. Feel free to send your GWF submissions in on the PS4 platform.

Caderfix

It does mean: Listen to the crowd reactions to what you're doing and adjust the book accordingly.

It does mean: Book based on the needs of the audience of today. Don't act like it's 1995 and book for audiences that no longer exist, if you never change you won't gain new viewers and you'll just end up losing the ones that remain one by one until nobody's watching.

I agree with this.

I know people sometimes exaggerate when criticizing WWE, which can be tiresome, but to defend it in it's current state and direction is something I can't understand, honestly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good news:

– WWE has reportedly signed Tough Enough competitors Mada Abdelhamid and Daria Berenato to developmental deals, according to PWInsider.

Both Mada and Daria started at the WWE Performance Center on Tuesday. This comes after Patrick Clark was also signed in the past week. He reported to work on Monday.

WWE has now signed Mada, Daria, finalists Zamariah “ZZ” Loupe and Amanda Saccomanno, as well as winners Sara Lee and Josh Bredl.

Honestly, Mada NEEDED to be signed. Dude has good things all around him.

Good news:

– WWE has reportedly signed Tough Enough competitors Mada Abdelhamid and Daria Berenato to developmental deals, according to PWInsider.

Both Mada and Daria started at the WWE Performance Center on Tuesday. This comes after Patrick Clark was also signed in the past week. He reported to work on Monday.

WWE has now signed Mada, Daria, finalists Zamariah “ZZ” Loupe and Amanda Saccomanno, as well as winners Sara Lee and Josh Bredl.

What's the hold up on Gigi, Vince?

hopUJ1e.png

VS4PvDx.png

Well good news: I'm about to. Also a pre-emptive fuck you for making me have to waste my "serious post" quota this month.

This suggestion is so close-minded I don't even know where to begin. Wrestling right now is pretty much WWE, and then everybody else. Not very many feds aside from them are popular, so the thread idea you're proposing just wouldn't work. Those other threads don't even relate to the shoddy point you tried to make, particularly the Marvel/DC comparison. Sit down before you hurt yourself.

Exactly. I admittedly don't watch much wrestling anymore, let alone WWE programming, but I don't bitch and complain when people talk about other feds. It's awesome that people have other feds to talk about in the first place. Let them talk about the stuff they want, Heavy, you selfish bitch. God forbid that WWE becomes literally the only wrestling in the world.

Now my morning/afternoon is actually ruined. I'm going to play Sonic Heroes now because I apparently hate myself.
Did you think this would make you look cool or something? Notice how not a single person acknowledged your post after, not one person did. If I had called you a bitch and a motherfucker like you just did me you would've tattled to the mods. Your reply was on tilt for no reason other than trying to come off like a badass and you failed to do that...no one even acknowledged your post.

"My one serious post per month"...you're the reason why a thread on Raw ratings in Off-topic is better than any official Wrasslin OT for the past year+. It's because the thread is run rampant with gimmick posters like yourself that make "one serious post per month".

imBask

Banned
why would 2K even try to make a good game when people buy it anyway

If you bought it, please raise your hand

Shame list :
-Vince McMahon

klonere

Banned
Did you think this would make you look cool or something? Notice how not a single person acknowledged your post after, not one person did. If I had called you a bitch and a motherfucker like you just did me you would've tattled to the mods. Your reply was on tilt for no reason other than trying to come off like a badass and you failed to do that...no one even acknowledged your post.

"My one serious post per month"...you're the reason why a thread on Raw ratings in Off-topic is better than any official Wrasslin OT for the past year+. It's because the thread is run rampant with gimmick posters like yourself that make "one serious post per month".

is this a copypasta

klonere

Banned
There is absolutely nothing wrong with debuting Breeze on Smackdown especially with his gimmick. He needs a slow start to build that character up on a big stage. It's way better than beating Cena in your first match and then becoming just another dude in the midcard, fans won't get those huge expectations that comes with such a debut (remember when we earnestly discussed an Owens/Brock match). I love Tyler and wish he'd gotten one last hurrah run at the NXT belt but sadly it looks not to be.

It's also clear they are prepping Smackdown for the USA move - Xavier's trombone was broken on Smackdown last week and that was referred to on Raw. So Smackdown is canon! Who knows maybe all the NXT guys will start off on Smackdown, which unless they are going for the aforementioned huge debut beating Cena, is 100% a-okay.

Hey, thanks for reminding me, let me acknowledge it: Beef your post is spot on.

Barack: Stop being cunty and realise wrestling doesn't just fit into what you like.

Breeze could work fine on the main roster as a mid-card gimmick that he could eventually evolve out of, problem is modern WWE doesn't have a mid-card. Not a fan of just debuting him with Summer, that gimmick needed some vignettes.

Aiii

So not worth it
Good news:

Yay! Mada was great, and that was without training. Can't wait to see what they can do with the guy.

Ithil

I never understood why Breeze was over in NXT. He has a pretty boy gimmick and makes selfies, can it get more obnoxious? The last guy i remember who had a pretty boy gimmick was Cody Rhodes, and he made it work.
And now Breeze will be Fandango'ed on the main roster.

So we're preemptively going "he was never any good anyway, he deserved to be buried" with Breeze this time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha. You actually did it. I have so many questions:

- Is the game out now?
- What is GWF?
- Does Redbox do PS4 games yet (in Tulsa)? I'd totally rent it to create a dude.

1 - not yet, I think it's next week
2 - we did a Gaf Wrestling Federation. It was fun. When 2k15 came out on PC I tried to do a revival of it, but it was SO gimped in such a bad way it didn't really seem possible. This one should have more content, but still be trash to play which is fine. CPU vs CPU fights. Heavy went on a tear with a crazy undefeated streak, Ithil dumped his tag partner and turned into Dark Ithil, Bootaaay had a love affair with Stephanie McMahon and it was ridiculous. Here's a brief clip of the joy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahRAPQpMby4

3 - I have no idea, but I think they lock uploads behind a online code? I'm not sure if they did away with this or not.

Zach

Shake hands, Barack Lesnar and Professor Beef. You're the Mongo and Jeff Jarrett of GAF and I'll be darned if you tear WrassleGAF apart over a woman.*

*I only skimmed your angry posts and assumed it was about a beautiful lady.

Bobby Eaton can be any age he damn well pleases. A+ dude.

I try to appreciate him as much as Austin (he's always talking him up on his podcast, along with others), but I just can't. I mean, he's a solid hand (apparently a "night off"), but I've never seen anything above B-level from him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Mada marks the first time an Arab Superstar has been signed since...ooooof.

So stoked to see his growth.

For sure. His goodbye speech on Tough Enough was really good, and I think he has what it takes. Not just from that perspective. He's got a LOT of the tools.

Bronx-Man

Banned

This isn't fun and playful at all.

klonere

Banned
So we're preemptively going "he was never any good anyway, he deserved to be buried" with Breeze this time.

Breeze is a midcarder no matter where he is but this is a company that can't make Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose into company carrying stars so what hope is there for Tyler fucking Breeze.

Zach

1 - not yet, I think it's next week
2 - we did a Gaf Wrestling Federation. It was fun. When 2k15 came out on PC I tried to do a revival of it, but it was SO gimped in such a bad way it didn't really seem possible. This one should have more content, but still be trash to play which is fine. CPU vs CPU fights. Heavy went on a tear with a crazy undefeated streak, Ithil dumped his tag partner and turned into Dark Ithil, Bootaaay had a love affair with Stephanie McMahon and it was ridiculous. Here's a brief clip of the joy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahRAPQpMby4

3 - I have no idea, but I think they lock uploads behind a online code? I'm not sure if they did away with this or not.

I'll look into everything. Sounds fun.

And one last thing about the Bobby Eaton; dude will always have a top-tier (A+?) theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eBmeH0MAmk

Hex

Banned
SO fam, is this Orton thing a swerve so that he can be the one to take Cena out on Sunday and take the US title?
Or will they just twist the knife in our backs and have it be Big Show?
Or go really oddball and go with Stroman their new monster.

There was a stupid rumor that it would be Breeze but that is obviously shot to hell.

kiguel182

Good news:

They signed ZZ? Why?

imBask

Banned
a) he's injured
b) he failed a drug test again
c) he told vince to fuck off when he was told he was going to be on the pre-show
d) he got engaged to Lana

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, speaking of Renee Young and, really, this gen's roster...

I was reluctant to watch Unfiltered w/ Renee young but am glad I did.

1) First off, she's a cutie. I get her allure and am now a fan. Yeah, I said it.

2) I love the way these guys carry themselves offstage. Seth Rollins is an intriguing guy. He seems very thoughtful, great humor, but really comes off as introverted and alone. He has mentioned several times that he feels alone. He goes to bars alone, to the gym alone...everything alone. I wonder if this is to deliberately curb politicking in the back. Either way, I like the guy a lot.

Kevin Owens is another. HEaring him talk with this huge smile on his face, talk about his son. Dude is just so grounded and laid back.

Listening to Randy talk about his new wife. Here's a dude that wears his heart on his shoulder.

Bad News Wade of Barrettington. I....simply put...I am just astonished how underused he is. I really really like the guy and his love for English music.

I just really love getting into the minds of these guys because in contrast to how we viewed the show back in the 90s, here we get to know real people and root for them to find success with their characters. It's a much different pov on my end. I like being connected with the person behind the wheel.

and then you get to Brock who doesn't give a shit.

I also enjoy Unfiltered a lot.

SO fam, is this Orton thing a swerve so that he can be the one to take Cena out on Sunday and take the US title?
Or will they just twist the knife in our backs and have it be Big Show?
Or go really oddball and go with Stroman their new monster.

There was a stupid rumor that it would be Breeze but that is obviously shot to hell.
Orton doing a US Challenge and continuing the tradition could be good. Orton is a great wrestler and there's a lot of matchups I haven't seen with him that I'd like to. I'd cry of Sheamus is the first, though.

Top Bottom