• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Reigns is a weenie, and it was hilarious (but slightly endearing) when he confronted the crowd. But I'm really looking forward to his match with Wyatt, I think they can beat the crap outta each other. I can't say the last time I wanted to see Dolph sadly.

Reigns really needs that lesnar "dungiveafuck" attitude and to drop the arm cocking, he'll still move merch.

notworksafe

Ziggler does have a lot of issues, I cringe every time he picks up a mic, but I feel like there is something there that he hasn't shown yet, he needs a reboot.

Also his performance at what was it, Survivor series? The one with Team Cena vs the Authority... gotta admit that was hype

his in-ring action is always good imo, but his character is just awful

imBask

Banned
As much as I've enjoyed many of his matched this year, I'll say Cena.

He has a huge responsibility in his career to contribute positive things around the basics of how in-ring stuff works. His biggest mistakes center around his refusal to sell any of moves against him and even ones that he performs. When you're the face of the company, and you turn a Stone Cold Stunner into a spot (and do so poorly) and then subsequently get right back up after Rollins runs a combo on your ass from the top belt, there's something criminally wrong.

He's the biggest face of the company, yet, in-ring, he can't tell a story and there is no danger, no psychology. It's a string of moves from this guy. And while the intent of your open challenge is well intended, it has failed to put anyone over in the process.

not only that, but he keeps pulling out some heel moves and he gets cheered/praised for it... Cena makes no sense

I actually knew. Jesus Christ. This is my life.

Reg-A-Plus-Great-Work-698x400.jpg

JavyOO7

So, uh, all WrassleGAF...

Who do you feel is the current worst face in WWE, and why? Use your own criteria on what makes a face "bad" - whether it's inability to connect with the audience in a meaningful way, or maybe...anything else.

Dolph Ziggler.

Terrible on the mic. I can't believe a thing he says whenever he talks. I can't even believe him as a character who 'all the women' lust after. He's just a big giant geek to me as a face. I guess its good for him that the audience likes him because he bumps around in the ring like an insecure indy wrestler... but that's it. And all that bumping like a lunatic is going to cause him to be immobile ten years from now.

Turn him bad guy and quickly, please. But even as a bad guy he's not going to live up to that billing because he has no confidence on what he says and how he says it.

Which is why Roman Reigns needs to look himself in the mirror, look at how bad people like Dolph Ziggler bomb in the mic every time, realize that he's fast approaching there, and needs to tell creative to not script every line he says to death and just let Roman be... Roman. And have Roman turn bad guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love how Nocturnowl's direction was "I'll pick someone besides Ziggler. Actually, it's Ziggler."

Cagey

Banned
My second choice would be Ambrose who is the fucking worst performer in the ring at the moment imho. That jerk needs to spend one afternoon with Cody to learn how to punch. I can't get behind a guy who doesn't even know how to "land" a punch

Agreed with Ambrose as second-worst for the reasons stated. He's shockingly terrible at wrestling.

I love how Nocturnowl's direction was "I'll pick someone besides Ziggler. Actually, it's Ziggler."

Well I do think I've been bagging on Ziggler longer than most around here, thus it would be wrong of me to skip over him even with 6 or so posts already mentioning him.

Also let us not forget that he's a face in the first place because he was getting his arse kicked too hard by Del Rio.

Caderfix

Who do you feel is the current worst face in WWE, and why? Use your own criteria on what makes a face "bad" - whether it's inability to connect with the audience in a meaningful way, or maybe...anything else.

Dolph Ziggler. Boring wrestler, terrible gimmick, awful storylines, is a phony and whenever he tries to look cool, he comes across as a douche. He's not likable at all, to me.

MC Safety

Randy Boreton is terrible as a good guy and a bad guy.

I'll echo the sentiments about Dolph Ziggler. I recognize the guy has some charisma, but I'm not sure how or when it ever comes through.

When they flip-flop Big Show to be a good guy, he's pretty bad. He's a lot better when he's wrestling just to spite the people who call for his retirement.

My second choice would be Ambrose who is the fucking worst performer in the ring at the moment imho. That jerk needs to spend one afternoon with Cody to learn how to punch. I can't get behind a guy who doesn't even know how to "land" a punch

Say what you will about Ambrose's performance but the dude gets probably the best babyface reactions on the main roster. I really don't see him as THE GUY like those in the Ambrose Asylum do, but it makes sense to give him a shot seeing how over he is.

Fox318

Honestly....

It's Roman Reigns.

From both a promo, in ring ability to connect with the crowd, storyline. Its everything with him. He comes across as a emotionless corporate robot who is programmed to hit a target demo of women and kids who think wet hair looks cool. In storyline he is angry at Bray Wyatt because the man threatened his daughter yet he has no problem standing in the ring with him. If that was any normal human they would have wanted to destroy Bray within an inch of his life.

His look is stale and emanates of a time long ago where he was protected in a spot fit for him. If you were to plant say a Titus O'Neil in the Roman Reigns spot he would be more over.

Nearly every other babyface in their role on the card has abilty or has something else that could rise up above their role.

Could you see Ryback in a WWE title picture? sure...
Could you see Cesaro in a WWE or Intercontinental title picture? sure..

I feel like every face you could see exceeding their level on the card or if they are on the top(Cena) you can see them staying there.

With Reigns I feel like I have no idea what he is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Randy Boreton is terrible as a good guy and a bad guy.

I'll echo the sentiments about Dolph Ziggler. I recognize the guy has some charisma, but I'm not sure how or when it ever comes through.

When they flip-flop Big Show to be a good guy, he's pretty bad. He's a lot better when he's wrestling just to spite the people who call for his retirement.

Did you ever see the late 2009 HHH/Orton feud? Orton was a great heel there.

Zach

*Mr Burns pointing at sign saying "Don't Forget, You're Here Forever"*

Heh... I've actually thought to myself, "I wonder if I'll be watching wrestling/still paying for the WWE Network in three or four years..." I mean, I'm totally on board for at least another year or two with my chronological viewings, but I wonder if/when I'll burn out.

Oh, and I'm invested in some of NXT, so maybe I'll keep tabs on newer stuff. I dunno. Maybe not. I'll definitely keep an eye on things once Vince dies. That should be interesting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Heh... I've actually thought to myself, "I wonder if I'll be watching wrestling/still paying for the WWE Network in three or four years..." I mean, I'm totally on board for at least another year or two with my chronological viewings, but I wonder if/when I'll burn out.

Oh, and I'm invested in some of NXT, so maybe I'll keep tabs on newer stuff. I dunno. Maybe not. I'll definitely keep an eye on things once Vince dies. That should be interesting.

The original stuff is great, and keeps me around. Smackdown 2003 is special too, really interesting shit.

That, Bloodborne, and Battlefront are the biggest reasons why I'm trying to get a PS4 this Christmas.

Man I wish Bloodborne had lived up to the hype. Sigh.

imBask

Banned
The original stuff is great, and keeps me around. Smackdown 2003 is special too, really interesting shit.

Man I wish Bloodborne had lived up to the hype. Sigh.

oh no no Vince, we're not allowed to have a negative opinion of Bloodborne around these parts, the fanboys WILL track you down inside this thread and send you death threats

repeat after me, Bloodborne™ was a great game

JavyOO7

Randy Orton should stay good guy considering as how as a heel he's been at it so long... time to try something new. His career is winding down, he wants to work less dates... that 'I don't give a fuuu' attitude he has is perfect for a good guy shtick.

Toki767

It totally did, in my opinion. It might be just me, but I can't go back to Dark Souls after playing Bloodborne, I really tried.

Yeah. For me, the pacing of Bloodborne combat makes it extremely hard to go back to Dark Souls. It just feels sluggish in comparison.

As an overall game though, Dark Souls was more impressive at the time.

imBask

Banned
Yeah. For me, the pacing of Bloodborne combat makes it extremely hard to go back to Dark Souls. It just feels sluggish in comparison.

It totally did, in my opinion. It might be just me, but I can't go back to Dark Souls after playing Bloodborne, I really tried.

I don't know... the ambiance/setting in Bloodborne was really subpar, and the weapon variety really killed it... I used the same weapon from start to finish and didn't have much trouble, builds and difference in power depending on what you do are a big part of Dark Souls. I also didn't like the coop aaaaaaat alllllllll

I finished it and haven't touched it since, and I have 0 interest in the DLC

Bloodborne left me in a state of confusion, like I enjoyed it but I felt as if I should've enjoyed it more than I actually did.
I'll revisit it when the DLC drops and see if my thoughts change in any way.

imBask

Banned
Although, I'm not sure if I didn't like Bloodborne or if the souls series is just fading away for me. We'll know once Dark Souls 3 comes out

Caderfix

Yeah, I understand the feeling, but in my case, Demon's Souls is the untouchable one.

I don't know... the ambiance/setting in Bloodborne was really subpar, and the weapon variety really killed it... I used the same weapon from start to finish and didn't have much trouble, builds and difference in power depending on what you do are a big part of Dark Souls. I also didn't like the coop aaaaaaat alllllllll

I finished it and haven't touched it since, and I have 0 interest in the DLC

I love the ambiance, but that's because I'm a sucker for Victorian stuff. As for the builds, yeah, that's the weakspot to me, but I'll be honest, Kirkhammer, Shikage and Rifle-Spear did more to me than any weapon/spell from the previous games.

I see BB as a hack and slash with RPG elements, and Demon's/Dark Souls as RPGs with hack and slash elements.

notworksafe

Is any face as universally over with the crowd as Ambrose? Maybe Brock but that's about it. The crowd erupts as a whole whenever his music hits.

Zach

Yeah, I guess some of the original stuff is worthwhile, too. I'm not into all of it, like Swerved and Total Divas and the like, but I enjoy some of the specials and Table for 3 type stuff.

Top Bottom