• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, I really want to participate in that idea you have Sunny but since I'm basically just WWE these days my card would be boring :/

about as boring as your Fave Five lists with your narrow horizons, pal. Branch out, sucka

Fox318

ibu5WERip8KOg2.gif

O2qKFU4.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
I think the only way to get a A level wrestling show would be to mine different styles and rosters and put together something that flowed well but appealed to different senses throughout (comedy, sex appeal, action, violence, etc.) So it would ultimately probably be some kind of WWE/New Japan/Ultimate Surrender/CZW supershow.

So, ECW in it's prime?

I'd like to point out that the Head Cheese/Chester McCheeserton shit got like 15 minutes

AT WRESTLEMANIA

I'll do the supercard when I'm not on my phone.

imBask

Banned
Alright...my friendths. Let'sth play ahmchayaah bookah, ala Duddy Road.

Book a supershow. All feds. Only current. You can bring someone out of retirement if you wish but they operate at their retired level (meaning you're not gonna get something very great out of them)

Ten match limit.

off the top of my head

Sasha vs Lita vs Trish triple threat
Young Bucks vs Time Splitters to get the crowd hyped
Dudleys vs Hardy Boyz TLC match
Owens vs Zayn with Balor as a special guest referee
Angle vs Lesnar
Taker vs Shawn
Okada vs Rollins

main event: Daniel Bryan vs Shinsuke Nakamura

edit: add HHH vs AJ Styles because why not

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For a supercard I probably would only pick matches I've NEVER seen before, not rehashes

Listening to Colt Cabana's podcast with Taz. Taz explains the timeline of him jumping from ECW to the WWF.

Taz expected his final ECW show to be the Anarchy Rulz show where lost the ECW World Title and got pinned in 30 seconds.

Vince Russo's original plan for Taz was to debut immediately and feud with Ken Shamrock. Shamrock was leaving to do a UFC return, so they needed a way to write him out. Shamrock was going to have an open challenge for his Lion's Den gimmick, which Taz would answer. Taz would beat Shamrock and take over the Lion's Den gimmick until Shamrock returned from UFC and got his win back. Taz said it didn't happen because Russo jumped to WCW and Shamrock left earlier than expected. So he's just sitting around doing nothing and asked if he could go back and work some ECW dates just so he could stay sharp, which is why he came back to work against Rob Van Dam at November to Remember 1999.

Taz also tells a pretty sad story about his debut against Kurt Angle at Royal Rumble 2000. He said when Madison Square Garden popped so huge for him, he knew as soon as he got to the back he was fucked because Vince didn't create that pop. "I already knew enough that since the WWF machine didn't make that pop happen, I figured I'd be getting a makeover very soon." He said he watched the PPV the next day and heard both Ross and Lawler talking about how the Tazmission was an illegal choke. He said the choke angle on his finisher was never discussed and he believed Vince made Ross say that. He also said Ross only referred to him as the "Human Suplex Machine" once at the start of the match. All of it confirmed his suspicions.

Heel

off the top of my head

Sasha vs Lita vs Trish triple threat
Young Bucks vs Time Splitters to get the crowd hyped
Dudleys vs Hardy Boyz TLC match
Owens vs Zayn with Balor as a special guest referee
Angle vs Lesnar
Taker vs Shawn
Okada vs Rollins

main event: Daniel Bryan vs Shinsuke Nakamura

edit: add HHH vs AJ Styles because why not

Will Max Landis handle the creative side?

Oh shut up Tazz

They gave him THE WORLD at the Rumble. It was at MSG. They knew it would get that pop. JR put him over like a million dollars.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll throw out some of Sunny's SuperClash Card of Champions here.

- Seth Rollins vs Yoshihiro Takayama
- Undertaker vs Yuji Nagata
- Daisuke Sekimoto vs Big E (w/New Day ringside)
- Minoru Suzuki vs John Cena

Marinate on a few of those, I got some work to do

Bronx-Man

Banned
Listening to Colt Cabana's podcast with Taz. Taz explains the timeline of him jumping from ECW to the WWF.

Taz expected his final ECW show to be the Anarchy Rulz show where lost the ECW World Title and got pinned in 30 seconds.

Vince Russo's original plan for Taz was to debut immediately and feud with Ken Shamrock. Shamrock was leaving to do a UFC return, so they needed a way to write him out. Shamrock was going to have an open challenge for his Lion's Den gimmick, which Taz would answer. Taz would beat Shamrock and take over the Lion's Den gimmick until Shamrock returned from UFC and got his win back. Taz said it didn't happen because Russo jumped to WCW and Shamrock left earlier than expected. So he's just sitting around doing nothing and asked if he could go back and work some ECW dates just so he could stay sharp, which is why he came back to work against Rob Van Dam at November to Remember 1999.

Taz also tells a pretty sad story about his debut against Kurt Angle at Royal Rumble 2000. He said when Madison Square Garden popped so huge for him, he knew as soon as he got to the back he was fucked because Vince didn't create that pop. "I already knew enough that since the WWF machine didn't make that pop happen, I figured I'd be getting a makeover very soon." He said he watched the PPV the next day and heard both Ross and Lawler talking about how the Tazmission was an illegal choke. He said the choke angle on his finisher was never discussed and he believed Vince made Ross say that. He also said Ross only referred to him as the "Human Suplex Machine" once at the start of the match. All of it confirmed his suspicions.

Taz vs Shamrock would've been hype as fuck

DMczaf

WWE vs NXT Supercard

Main Event: Sheamus vs Mojo Rawley

Mark Henry vs Tyler Breeze

Big Show vs Big Cass

Eva Marie vs Tamina

Tye Dillinger vs Miz

Sephzilla

Book a supershow. All feds. Only current. You can bring someone out of retirement if you wish but they operate at their retired level (meaning you're not gonna get something very great out of them)

Ten match limit.

Pre Show
Dolph Ziggler & Adrian Neville vs The Young Bucks - Indie Flippy Spot Monkey Shit: The Match

Main Show
Kevin Owens vs Tyler Breeze
Sami Zayn vs Cesaro
Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose
Rusev vs Dave Mastiff
Sasha Banks vs Bayley
The Undertaker vs Pentagon Jr vs Finn Balor
The New Day vs The Hardy Boyz vs The Dudleys - TLP Match*
Brock Lesnar vs Mil Muertes
John Cena vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

*Tables, Ladders, and Positivity Match

Oersted

If anyone had hopes that the Dog/Rusev feud will end soon, they even announced a fight between Lana and Summer for next month.

klonere

Banned

Ten match limit.

Michael Elgin & Tomoaki Honma vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Luke Harper
Tetsuya Naito vs Neville
Killer Elite Squad vs Angelico & Jack Evans
Go Shiozaki vs Tyler Breeze
The New Day vs The Young Bucks (for curiosities sake)
Koto Ibushi vs Cesaro
Will Osperay vs Roderick Strong vs Kevin Owens vs Finn Balor
Minoro Sukuzi vs Kurt Angle
Seth Rollins vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

I hate myself for fantasy booking the Young Bucks but hey, I gotta see that combo one day.

Fox318

Remember when Vince supposedly freaked out about the ratings and demanded changes?

They are bringing Brock back this week.

Where they will make him job to Cena and Steph.

Why should WWE build up stars when they have the ratings draw that is Steph

Why should WWE build up stars when they have the ratings draw that is Steph

I've honestly never seen someone so tone-deaf about their portrayal as Steph

Before like 2012, she totally got it. She'd take bumps, put people over, etc. Now she's still the same uber condescending heel, but there's never going to be any payoff. Even Rousey didn't chuck her around. Brie should've buried her six feet deep during their match, not the other way around. Just constant misses.

Trips is totally cool with being a colossal stooge now that he's not active, but she's the complete opposite

Fox318

If they really want to make changes here is what they do....

Bring back WCW and close the WWE.

Get the belt on Nash for Nashtober

Oersted

I've honestly never seen someone so tone-deaf about their portrayal as Steph

Before like 2012, she totally got it. She'd take bumps, put people over, etc. Now she's still the same uber condescending heel, but there's never going to be any payoff. Even Rousey didn't chuck her around. Brie should've buried her six feet deep during their match, not the other way around. Just constant misses.

Trips is totally cool with being a colossal stooge now that he's not active, but she's the complete opposite

Haitch buried Sting on his first match, who is noe 0-2 on PPVs.

Bigger jobber than Jericho

Brock Lesnar vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
Minoru Suzuky vs Zack Sabre Jr.
Chris Hero vs Katsuyori Shibata
Asuka vs Sasha Banks
New Day vs Los ingobernables (Naito, La Sombra and Rush)
The Sumerian Death Squad vs Masato Tanaka & Takashi Sugiura

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Michael Elgin & Tomoaki Honma vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Luke Harper
Tetsuya Naito vs Neville
Killer Elite Squad vs Angelico & Jack Evans
Go Shiozaki vs Tyler Breeze
The New Day vs The Young Bucks (for curiosities sake)
Koto Ibushi vs Cesaro
Will Osperay vs Roderick Strong vs Kevin Owens vs Finn Balor
Minoro Sukuzi vs Kurt Angle
Seth Rollins vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

I hate myself for fantasy booking the Young Bucks but hey, I gotta see that combo one day.

Ibushi/Cesaro would be so good now. So good. Also jesus christ, KES vs Angelico & Jack Evans would be dope.

Top Bottom