• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Menome

I still say the moment RAW loses the four-week delay on the Network, their viewing figures will suddenly look a whole lot better.

Some of us can afford the £9.99 for the Network each month and might even be persuaded to a £14.99/19.99 'premium' service to get RAW live and instant on-demand. An extra £70 a month to pay for cable TV and a Sports subscription to watch one programme a week isn't going to happen in my situation.

klonere

Banned
Ugh. Please tell me you're not going to start posting this on every page again.

This is one time only comeback brother. Consider it my retirement post for that gimmick.

David Bixenspan of Wrestling Observer came up with an interesting insight with WWE ratings going down:

It is very interesting theory that people seem to now watch the show through youtube clips. WWE posted the raw clips yesterday and its already following his pattern.

The main event, Austin, Shawn and Brock are going over 1m. Plus the Cena match with the new day, Ryback vs Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns segment and Kevin Owens are close to or over the 450 mark.

Yeah the way they break down segments and matches on the Youtube channel is very slick: big moves, no ads and the important parts of the promos. Much more in line with what their more casual audience would be interested in.

Cutting the Youtube content would just be idiotic, they have to fix the damn show first. If people can't find that shit on Youtube then they are certainly not going to make the effort to sit down for 3+ hours just to get the essentials.

bjork

I'm going to buy a new car for commute tomorrow. I still don't know if I'm going to buy a Civic or a Forte though. Should be fun.

I can vouch for the durability of a Civic. The chain of events:
- bought car used off a lot, 29k miles

- at about 40k, hit a sheep at about 70 mph. Managed to drive it to work and back home with zero fluid in it due to the radiator being split.

- found out the car was an out of state salvage title and that the frame had been cut previously. Not sure how it affected alignment or anything, but I drove it with no problems.

- at 101k miles, the head gasket went, no doubt stemming from getting it hot on the day I hit the sheep.

- traded it in and jumped it over some train tracks on the way to turn it in.

I drove it hard and I miss that car every day. I might argue that I like my current car more, but I actually enjoyed driving that Civic, and I hate driving.

pHLHP9X.jpg

tumblr_nm6plf49fB1saudljo3_500.gif

seriously though do you guys wear WWE merch in public?

I own a classic NWO shirt, but I think it's fine since that shirt is post-ironic

Yeah. I got

Wrestlemania X8 shirt, with Hogan and the Rock on it.
nWo shirt, it's a bootleg nWo shirt from spencers or kmart from back in the day.
nWo wolfpack shirt

Funny you bring up shirts, I found a Roman Reigns shirt at the goodwill last weekend for $1.92. It's the one vs all shirt.

bjork

I was driving to work, and for some reason the flock of sheep which were usually in a field over a mile away, were out on this road. I was barely awake and still trying to focus my eyes, and in the darkness of this unlit road, I could only notice shapes on the side of the road. So I was looking to my side like, "what are those? sheep?" then looked forward and one was in the road and blam. Poor guy. :(

bjork

Yeah. I got

Wrestlemania X8 shirt, with Hogan and the Rock on it.
nWo shirt, it's a bootleg nWo shirt from spencers or kmart from back in the day.
nWo wolfpack shirt

Funny you bring up shirts, I found a Roman Reigns shirt at the goodwill last weekend for $1.92. It's the one vs all shirt.

how dare you accuse such reputable establishments of selling merchandise that isn't 100% genuine

I was driving to work, and for some reason the flock of sheep which were usually in a field over a mile away, were out on this road. I was barely awake and still trying to focus my eyes, and in the darkness of this unlit road, I could only notice shapes on the side of the road. So I was looking to my side like, "what are those? sheep?" then looked forward and one was in the road and blam. Poor guy. :(

was the Cena/Wyatt angle traumatic for you?

1398791816000-RAW-1092-Photo-017.jpg

Zach

About this RAW/YouTube talk, do you think WWE will ever move towards:

• RAW being on the Network and not on regular TV at all
  • Some easy-to-access weekend programming to hook the childrenz on basic television
  • Brief YouTube clips of key moments to try and hook the casualz
Like, explain to know-nothin' Zach why this isn't the model. Is RAW on USA that important? I honestly don't know.

bjork

was the Cena/Wyatt angle traumatic for you?

1398791816000-RAW-1092-Photo-017.jpg

No, because I've only seen like half a Wyatt match and a couple of rambling promos ever.

Most traumatic sheep thing since, was getting about 400 dupes of this shitty Erick Rowan card in Supercard. Someone at that company loves him, his shit was too strong. But I don't want some sheepface guy in my deck.

• Some easy-to-access weekend programming to hook the childrenz on basic television
Like, explain to know-nothin' Zach why this isn't the model. Is RAW on USA that important? I honestly don't know.

Unless they can replace the money they make from being on TV with guaranteed subs for the network, that will likely not happen. So unless they lose a TV deal and they're desperate, then I would guess you'd see a network-only Raw that instantly went for Atti2de era.

1. The ad deals bring them big money so it probably makes sense to keep RAW on TV. On USA specifically? I'm pretty sure it's their highest rated show, so unless they're gonna overhaul and move towards different programming or something, even these shitty ratings don't really matter.

2. Saturday Morning Slam was amazing

3. They need to create key moments first.

No, because I've only seen like half a Wyatt match and a couple of rambling promos ever.

Most traumatic sheep thing since, was getting about 400 dupes of this shitty Erick Rowan card in Supercard. Someone at that company loves him, his shit was too strong. But I don't want some sheepface guy in my deck.

Even if you couldn't avoid that poor sheep, at least you managed to avoid Bray Wyatt.

The cash hit that they would take by removing Raw from USA would be enormous, and considering the reason most casuals hatewatch raw instead of seeking out other wrestling is because it's free, that's an enormous risk.

WWE will get 200 million a year for Raw and Smack down

The network has around 1.3 millions subs which. Is slightly above break even. The math just doesn't make sense.

They should bring Saturday morning slam back tho

bjork

WWE will get 200 million a year for Raw and Smack down

The network has around 1.3 millions subs which. Is slightly above break even. The math just doesn't make sense.

They should bring Saturday morning slam back tho

Plus if you're only on the network, you have far less brand exposure. Makes it harder to get merchandising deals and all of that good stuff.

A good example: TNA started out only on PPV.

Plus if you're only on the network, you have far less brand exposure. Makes it harder to get merchandising deals and all of that good stuff.

A good example: TNA started out only on PPV.

Also the network has had little growth of if any at all.They have reached their ceiling

With dwindling ratings there is,no incentive to sub.

bjork

Also the network has had little growth of if any at all.They have reached their ceiling

With dwindling ratings there is,no incentive to sub.

Yep. Even having followed their storylines for 30 years, I can't be talked into joining up. Not sure what it would take, I think *everything* would have to be on there first.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I think they should probably remove NXT off of Hulu - might get them a few more subscribers.

I feel like unless the actual main show gets better; they've hit their peak on subscribers as well. I think they might be able to top out at 1.3-1.5 million with original content + old tape library. Any more than that needs to be PPV driven interest.

Wrestlemania will be super interesting next year. I wonder if they will attract more subs or will it be marginal increase.

They could have put it on ppv and probably made a killing

Another newtwork note is look at the mania buyrates

WrestleMania 1 - 398,000 (Closed Circuit Television)
WrestleMania 2 - 319,000 (Closed Circuit Television)
WrestleMania III - 450,000 (Closed Circuit Television) and another 400,000 on PPV
WrestleMania IV - 175,000 (Closed Circuit Television)
WrestleMania V - 767,000
WrestleMania VI - 550,000
WrestleMania VII - 400,000
WrestleMania VIII - 360,000
WrestleMania IX - 430,000
WrestleMania X - 420,000
WrestleMania XI - 340,000
WrestleMania XII - 290,000
WrestleMania 13 - 237,000 (Lowest Buyrate Record)
WrestleMania XIV - 730,000
WrestleMania XV - 800,000
WrestleMania 2000 - 824,000
WrestleMania X-Seven - 1,040,000
WrestleMania X8 - 880,000
WrestleMania XIX - 560,000
WrestleMania XX - 1,007,000
WrestleMania 21 - 1,085,000
WrestleMania 22 - 975,000
WrestleMania 23 - 1,250,000 (Former Highest Buyrate Record)
WrestleMania XXIV - 1,041,000
WrestleMania XXV - 960,000
WrestleMania XXVI - 885,000
WrestleMania XXVII - 1,042,000
WrestleMania XXVIII - 1,300,000 (Highest Buyrate Record)

1.3 million is largest, not surprise ing the network topped out at that number

Top Bottom