• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Hahaha. Have you guys seen these entrance interruptions in 2k16?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHsRvb7rRqo

Is it always like that?? Waiting for your opponent to get in the ring and then you run the entire ramp to attack??

tumblr_n7k4yiwPdA1s3uawvo2_r1_500.gif

Striker

I suppose in this case it's a good thing the stamina system isn't still a thing, if this were SDvsRaw06 I think you'd get gassed halfway down the ramp.
These 2K wrestling games are all based on stamina. The run-in looks so weird. Maybe it would look better if the camera was facing the 'tron.

These 2K wrestling games are all based on stamina. The run-in looks so weird. Maybe it would look better if the camera was facing the 'tron.
I figured it probably still existed in some form, I should amend that to "the older stamina systems".

And it was always better having the camera facing the tron, I'd sooner see the stage than the dodgy looking mess that is the audience.

Or sooner!
m4VRv.gif

I was trying to remember this gif when I made the post but for some reason my mind kept jumping to Mark Henry.
Probably because I was just thinking of this.

giphy.gif

Just been to see Jack Off Jill at the Ballroom, great show. 100% Would do again if they weren't finishing up.

I'm so used to being there for PROGRESS, it was very disorienting not having a ring on the floor!

JavyOO7

About this RAW/YouTube talk, do you think WWE will ever move towards:

• RAW being on the Network and not on regular TV at all
  • Some easy-to-access weekend programming to hook the childrenz on basic television
  • Brief YouTube clips of key moments to try and hook the casualz
Like, explain to know-nothin' Zach why this isn't the model. Is RAW on USA that important? I honestly don't know.

RAW on USA is super important right now.

Because of rights fees, WWE will get tons of money this year, next year, and for most of 2017 and then a new deal is negotiated. You won't see RAW on the network live ever, because if it came to that, the product would drastically change.

But this TV deal isn't all that great even though the short term is great (the money). Three hours is to much for the casual fun every Monday. And then you are asking them to watch two hours of Smackdown, an hour of Superstars and an hour of Main Event. 7 hours of WWE on top of their PPV stuff each four weeks. But if we just focus on RAW, which is their biggest show, there needs to be some change. Going two hours, or an hour and a half, would be great. And that's just one fix... there's several fixes they can do.

But RAW being LIVE on the network? Not right now. And that's because of rights fees from USA. Now when their deal expires in 2017, its a different story.

Children programming? We are still waiting for that Camp WWE cartoon to show up on the network. Supposedly 'Slam City' did good in the children demo. But Camp WWE probably won't come out for a while since Hogan was a big part of that in the cartoon, brotherjackdude.

WWE has tons of youtube clips after each show so that's good. They really need to bring that over to the network side of things too...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My favorite part of the Cesaro swing is when it goes about 20 seconds too long and then there's no ending he just drops them.

Kaiterra

Banned
I once saw a 20 somethings guy with a Bryan shirt on the street. I think he was foreign.

I wanted to start breaking on a Yes chant but I'm not that big of a mark.

It was the "Respect the beard" shirt. It was one of the few good Bryan shirts.

Heheh, I had both the YES YES YES and Yes Movement shirts and would get people doing YES chants at me when I went out in them. It was great fun.

They got ruined in the wash though. :(

I figured it probably still existed in some form, I should amend that to "the older stamina systems".

And it was always better having the camera facing the tron, I'd sooner see the stage than the dodgy looking mess that is the audience.

Close on the wrestlers, camera facing the entrance ramp, slightly above ring apron level is the ideal gameplay camera angle for 3d wrestling games

gfs_40676_2_3.jpg

106586_full.jpg

Everything at this angle naturally draws your eyes to the wrestlers in the ring.

Nowadays:

It's too cluttered, the wrestlers don't stand out, and your eyes go elsewhere. It looks off and bland.

3j8b.png

Guess they can't see him.

Seriously, couldn't anyone point out how bad this makes the arena look?

Zach

Never gets old. Tony -- especially Tony -- and Dusty look hilarious, but Heenan look great (especially considering it's ~1997).

And guys, I tried to listen to Ross' podcast with Jackie Gayda-Haas. Terrible decision. Terrible, terrible decision.

Seriously, couldn't anyone point out how bad this makes the arena look?

I wonder if they have any direction to placing game cameras. Maybe this is the universal angle regardless of the stage. Stupid if so. A live camera man would never shoot that and make everything look empty and cheap, they'd stay right on the face or mid shot framing it with the plants.

Zach

Why? What's up?

Oh my god. I just remembered that I finished it while cooking last night. I was clearly only half-listening at that point. I remembered because her closing thoughts were just rambling, contradictory nonsense.

That aside, her voice is incredibly grating to listen to and she seems vapid. I hate her.

Anyway, I wasn't really watching then, I guess. What did Jackie Gayda do? Was she good?

Oh my god. I just remembered that I finished it while cooking last night. I was clearly only half-listening at that point. I remembered because her closing thoughts were just rambling, contradictory nonsense.

That aside, her voice is incredibly grating to listen to and she seems vapid. I hate her.

Anyway, I wasn't really watching then, I guess. What did Jackie Gayda do? Was she good?

She was attractive and on Tough Enough!

Also this.

Heel

Take Jim Ross out of your podcast rotation, breh. Stone Cold and Ric Flair (with his rich friend, Conrad) are the only wrestling podcasts you should be considering.

Kaiterra

Banned
I wonder if they have any direction to placing game cameras. Maybe this is the universal angle regardless of the stage. Stupid if so. A live camera man would never shoot that and make everything look empty and cheap, they'd stay right on the face or mid shot framing it with the plants.

What extra sucks is that if it's anything like the previous entries in regards to entrance creation, you're free to set your own camera cues and then the game will randomly just ignore them anyway.

klonere

Banned

Ryan Shamrock is not a great get for a podcast guest. Can't speak for Jackie but looking her up she didn't do much and married that guy in the tag team that isn't Shelton.

Ross's podcast is easily the most unbearable of all wrestling podcasts. Which is ironic given that he is the most experienced broadcaster in the wrestling world putting out a podcast.

Top Bottom