• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

She provided one of the finest WrestleMania moments:
trish-gets-felt-by-mickie-o.gif
Thickie James. Da real Thickie

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ironically enough, Dude Love is one of my all time favorite characters but I've never seen his original run until now. Austin's expressions when the dude comes out are great, not quite Bret Hart match great but second tier.

Zach

Ironically enough, Dude Love is one of my all time favorite characters but I've never seen his original run until now. Austin's expressions when the dude comes out are great, not quite Bret Hart match great but second tier.
Yeah, Austin and Foley are perfect in the angle.

Ultratech

Watching TNA until South Park comes on.

This Earl Hebner HoF stuff is pretty funny.

"Congrats! You're in the TNA HoF!
Here's a ref shirt and a Rolex."

haha

Man God

Non-Canon Member
REAL TALK: Despite being a huge fan of the WWF in the Attitude Era and generally having a very good memory I completely forgot about K-Qwik's run until that part got covered on the Attitude Era podcast.

KingBroly

Banned
Bullshit WM32 Card
- Reigns v. Sheamus
- Rollins v. HHH
- Cena v. Undertaker
- Brock v. Bryan
- Ambrose v. Kane
- The New Day v. The Usos
- Sasha Strut Party for 10 minutes
- Jobber Battle Royal where Braun Strowman wins
- Sting v. Bray Wyatt

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bullshit WM32 Card
- Reigns v. Sheamus
- Rollins v. HHH
- Cena v. Undertaker
- Brock v. Bryan
- Ambrose v. Kane
- The New Day v. The Usos
- Sasha Strut Party for 10 minutes
- Jobber Battle Royal where Braun Strowman wins
- Sting v. Bray Wyatt
- Owens v. Cole

Hey, speaking of Renee Young and, really, this gen's roster...

I was reluctant to watch Unfiltered w/ Renee young but am glad I did.

Seth Rollins is an intriguing guy. He seems very thoughtful, great humor, but really comes off as introverted and alone. He has mentioned several times that he feels alone.

That seems to be a very common statement from champs, I remember it coming up on basically all the docos WWE have done with them (Punk, Stone Cold, etc).

Lotta pressure being the top guy, Vince & management putting a lot of faith in you.

I think he has been face too long and it is time to have him heel again, there are a lack of actually convincing heels at the moment.

That's due to the shitty booking/writing sadly. They really need to make some rock solid decisions about how to book a guy a few weeks in advance, build them up properly.

I've never had a game breaking bug in any Bethesda or Ubisoft game. Hell, I've never even had a hard lock in them. And even if I did, I had those all the time in Saints Row 2 and it's one of my favorite games of last generation.

I'd kill for a proper sequel to that. Hated the direction the went in for SR3/4.

David Bixenspan of Wrestling Observer came up with an interesting insight with WWE ratings going down:

It is very interesting theory that people seem to now watch the show through youtube clips. WWE posted the raw clips yesterday and its already following his pattern.

The main event, Austin, Shawn and Brock are going over 1m. Plus the Cena match with the new day, Ryback vs Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns segment and Kevin Owens are close to or over the 450 mark.

That's actually a good point as I tend to catch the odd hype moment someone tells me about on Twitter through the Youtube clips. Huh.

I just remembered something terrible, Sheamus has the briefcase, why is that a thing?

The Seth program actually elevated what it meant to hold the briefcase and they give to Sheamus who they aren't doing anything with, especially now that his dance partner Randall Awton is gone.

Vylash

David Bixenspan of Wrestling Observer came up with an interesting insight with WWE ratings going down:

It is very interesting theory that people seem to now watch the show through youtube clips. WWE posted the raw clips yesterday and its already following his pattern.

The main event, Austin, Shawn and Brock are going over 1m. Plus the Cena match with the new day, Ryback vs Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns segment and Kevin Owens are close to or over the 450 mark.
i know i only watch through youtube these days

Zach

So I'm going through my PS3 games in preparation for Yakuza 5 and deleting some clutter and I made the mistake of firing up Mass Effect. I've already played the series but this delightful atmosphere is trying to draw me in again...

REAL TALK: Despite being a huge fan of the WWF in the Attitude Era and generally having a very good memory I completely forgot about K-Qwik's run until that part got covered on the Attitude Era podcast.
He was pissed because Cena's gimmick(Thug Life) was his idea.

TNAMecca founder/mod Chris Regal said:
originally intended to share with you my thoughts, this week, on Week 2 of the World Title Series, as well as tonight's Week 3 events, but I've decided to instead discuss a matter that has absolutely infuriated me. Late Tuesday evening, TNA announced that they would be airing the main event from Bound for Glory on tonight's Impact. One could argue that it's a good idea simply because the World Title Series was born from the events of October 4th, 2015. However, I'm not that one...because I already watched the main event...live...and I paid $50 to do so. I have absolutely no desire to watch it again...for free. And quite frankly, I'd rather watch matches that I haven't watched before, which is ultimately why I tune in to Impact on Wednesday nights.

That begs the question: who the hell are TNA catering to? Because it sure isn't me. A diehard fan who actually pays for their product.

I'm not typically unreasonable and I feel that I give TNA the benefit of the doubt more often than not but it's been a difficult year for a fanbase that's been loyal to a fault. Many of us have carried on through creative missteps, management mishaps, a television product that has been truly destroyed by a ridiculous taping schedule and venue, lame duck PPVs, a mass exodus of fan favorites, and an influx of internet rumors on everything from the TV deal to talent paychecks. But even a loyal fanbase has its boiling point...and I've officially reached mine.

I said a couple of months ago that I was close to reaching my boiling point but I felt it was my duty to continue to support the company and its staff. Only one man, my colleague Reece, knows how much I've struggled in recent months to remain passionate and optimistic about TNA, especially when you're relied upon to run a TNA site.

Don't get me wrong, I still truly believe that TNA's future is bright. And I truly believe that next year will be much better than this one. But I've made a very important decision and one that I have not made lightly. Due to the fact that TNA has decided to air footage that I already paid to watch a couple of weeks ago, I will not be watching tonight's Impact. I will also not be buying another TNA PPV or spend anymore money on them until the company has shown me that they've gotten their act together.

I'm finally putting TNA on notice: woo me.

Would you like me to watch Impact? Convince me.
Would you like me to buy your pay-per-views? Entice me.
Would you like me to be a TNA fan? Cater to me.

@CRegal23
I've been a #TNA fan since 2005 and although I loved much of the journey, it's time to see what else pro wrestling has to offer. #ROH? #NXT?

Heroman

Banned
"That begs the question: who the hell are TNA catering to? Because it sure isn't me. A diehard fan who actually pays for their product."

"Don't get me wrong, I still truly believe that TNA's future is bright. And I truly believe that next year will be much better than this one.
"

5388146+_3f314ef8986b3cd2b78e21fc533d08e1.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
R Truth hitting me in the feels

Theyre making fun of the fact that he has a 24 yr old daughter. they question his age. Axel shows a picture of r truth fighting Perfect. R Truth gets emotional. Obviously loved Curt.

Just got here. He's genuinely thrilled to see that. Really touching moment.

Next dragon gate show looks dope

There were challenges at the show to set up the next major show, which is Gate of Destiny on 11/1 in Osaka at the Edion Arena, so they are doing a PPV six days before New Japan does at the same arena. Announced so far are a three-way for the Open the Brave Gate title with Akira Tozawa defending against both Kotoka and Naoki Tanizaki, Yamato & Doi defending the tag titles against Masato Yoshino & T-Hawk, Cima & Fujii & Gamma defending the Open the Triangle Gate titles against Jimmy Susumu & Jimmy K-Ness & Ryo Saito, and headlined by Shingo Takagi defending the Open the Dream Gate title against Masaaki Mochizuki.

Also heelhashi going back to DDT

Tanahashi & Sho Tanaka are going to the DDT show on 11/17 at Korakuen Hall, to face DDT's Harashima & Ken Ohka.

Anyone remember the episode of Sunday night Heat where Mankind was in 3-4 matches of the show? Essentially I believe he wrestled or got involved in every match. What was the point? I can't remember but I remember the episode.

MG310

@CRegal23
I've been a #TNA fan since 2005 and although I loved much of the journey, it's time to see what else pro wrestling has to offer. #ROH? #NXT?

Charge 50 dollars for PPV, negate the results within 12 hours (even though they knew they couldn't have a champion on the shows they had to cobble together) , show the match for free the week after.

TNA sure loves the few fans it has left.

Not sure if this was posted yet, but it seems Alberto may be on his way back to WWE.

More on Alberto likely not being back for a second season of Lucha Underground, which is more than likely as one person close to the situation said, "Alberto is out as of right now," blaming money and creative for the downfall in the relationship. Alberto has told people in wrestling that he won't be taking any bookings after the end of November anywhere, because he wants to spend December with his family, although those close to him say right now it's all speculative as to whether he'll be back or not. He has said to at least some people he's interested in being back with WWE for WrestleMania, and obviously that explains WWE starting to talk openly about booking plans involving him. He apparently has said he would rather have an advertised return than a surprise return. If that's the case, it'll be a huge blow to AAA coming so quickly after losing Myzteziz.

Charge 50 dollars for PPV, negate the results within 12 hours (even though they knew they couldn't have a champion on the shows they had to cobble together) , show the match for free the week after.

TNA sure loves the few fans it has left.

Bonus: the tournament they've been hyping for the new champ, that consists of matches from that 100+ match taping? They aired 30 second highlights of two matches from it, so they could air the full main event of the $50 PPV from this month.

lol welcome back, Gonz, what did you get got for again?

Can't say I'm glad Del Rio is coming back to take a Mania spot from any of the more infinitely interesting guys on the roster

Question. I was a full member on GAF once apon a time and then I got banned and demoted back to Junior..That was like 6-7 months ago. How long do I have to wait before I become a full member again?

Jake Roberts was on Adam Carrola's podcast and said that there was a new wrestling company starting in Las Vegas that he's going to work for as a trainer. He said they are offering full medical and retirement packages to the wrestlers. There has been talk of Shane Douglas being involved in a promotion like that going back several years, but nothing has ever transpired. Roberts said that it starts in December and that he, Terry Funk, Douglas and Tommy Dreamer would be training the wrestlers in old school wrestling. Roberts said he was getting another operation on his hip, and then he would move to Las Vegas to work with the promotion. Hopefully Jake Roberts has really mentally turned his life around, because Roberts in Las Vegas full-time and away from DDP would have me worried.

Interesting jake news

Top Bottom