• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

I watched the first hour of the first BOLA show last night

is it weird that every other wrestling promotion I watch just makes me more angry about WWE?

Alan4L's latest show for Figure 4 Weekly reviewed BOLA 2015. I'm holding off on listening until I've seen the shows myself.

BronsonLee, the only way for you to save your job is to win a karate tournament

MV5BMTM4NTQ4MzczN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDAxOTk1MDE@._V1_SY317_CR1,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

They really seem to be cramming those in lately.

The only taped for 3 episodes last taping, takes NXT to next week. Tonight's taping takes NXT through part of November (November 4, 11, 18). The next taping on November 19 will cover the last November episode and the two December shows, which will then set up the TakeOver London show on December 16.

The only taped for 3 episodes last taping, takes NXT to next week. Tonight's taping takes NXT through part of November (November 4, 11, 18). The next taping on November 19 will cover the last November episode and the two December shows, which will then set up the TakeOver London show on December 16.

Cool, that's less bad then, I thought they were still taping 4+ weeks a time. Last few months seem to be speeding through, insane how close that TakeOver show is!

Aiii

So not worth it
You know who would be great at writing WWE shows? The guys that make Empire. Now that's top notch over-the-top entertainment.

Friend watched a 2003 SD last night that had Show cut a promo on Taker calling him a broken-down has-been

12 years later: Taker main eventing PPVs, Show still regularly getting TV time/big angles

WWE.txt

Aiii

So not worth it
I mean, why on Earth doesn't Rollins ride around on one of those fake ass Hoverboards when he's backstage?

QdsZCfq.gif

Now that's a douchebag heel.

Fox318

Alright lets have some fun.

Come up with the worst possible angle that would destroy wrestling to the point where congress considers banning wrestling.

For Example

John Cena promotes drug use on tv
The Miz gets 3 hours to talk on raw about abortion
Heath Slater wins the title clean over Big Show.

jmdajr

Working at a Bank can be such gruesome work; I'd rather do hard labor. I respect anyone who can take the hussle while having managers look over your shoulder 24/5

Don't forget fucking Bank Robbers. A friend of mine worked at a Wells Fargo that got hit. Luckily no one was hurt. But a lot of them lack personal security.

Hiroshi Tanahashi raises the Stake Of The Tokyo Dome Main Event: If he loses he will never challenge for the IWGP Title ever again. If he wins he pledges to defend the IWGP Title every month against Contenders and in Open Challenges.

TANAHASHI WINS LOL

imBask

Banned
I love how the hoverboard thing was what we all wanted in the future, and now that it's here everyone shits on it for being "pretentious"

I want one.

Hiroshi Tanahashi raises the Stake Of The Tokyo Dome Main Event: If he loses he will never challenge for the IWGP Title ever again. If he wins he pledges to defend the IWGP Title every month against Contenders and in Open Challenges.

TANAHASHI WINS LOL

Oh my fucking god Tana just do the job

jmdajr

Come up with the worst possible angle that would destroy wrestling to the point where congress considers banning wrestling.

For Example

Meh maybe the drug use. The government doesn't even give a shit about rampant domestic violence. But if you're juicing! OH NO!

For Example

John Cena, Jack Swagger, Nikki Bella, and Summer Rae defect to ISIS. Cena cuts promos to say, "You don't have to love the Islamic State, but you have to respect it."

klonere

Banned

For Example

If they can't get it banned via Vince threatening to get a gang together to RAPE THE UNDERTAKERS WIFE, Kurt Angle's also threatening rape (BESTIALITY) against Booker's wife, the dozens of miscarriage angles in 99, the existence of Debra, bizarre incestual undertones with Steph/Vince, HE MOCKS GOD, Owen Hart, Benoit, Eddie & Test's death's and on and on and on

The UFC can't get licensed in New York but WWE gets Barclay's for a long weekend. VINCE IS UNTOUCHABLE.

gip8VjS.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
how is shitting on any cool new technology improving anything?

I don't get what's cool or new about it.

It's just an electric scooter, but smaller.

It's slower than walking at a brisk pace.

There's no real-world use for it.

You certainly couldn't outrun Biff Tannen on one of those things.

Kornflayx

TANAHASHI WINS LOL

OH MY GOD, END THIS FEUD NOW!!!

Just do that with the Intercontinental Title, for fucks sake

imBask

Banned
I don't get what's cool or new about it.

It's just an electric scooter, but smaller.

It's slower than walking at a brisk pace.

There's no real-world use for it.

You certainly couldn't outrun Biff Tannen on one of those things.

that mentality brings you down a sad path though... I mean what's the point of making any new technology that doesn't improve everything DRASTICALLY? It's a slow process, but it's something and I think it looks alright for what it is

bjork

Jeff's stance on wrestling is pretty insufferable tbh

I disagree. The man kept his directv package solely because he wanted to watch the entire 3-hour raw, rather than watch it on Hulu. I daresay that he is more of a wrestling fan than 90% of this thread! The overall disdain for the product comes with having endured it fully, so it's earned, and since I doubt he discusses it on any forum, rather than a slow trickle of releasing said disdain, it comes out at once when it turns up on podcasts.

Every time I see or hear about that guy in general, he seems insufferable. Like that Angry Joe fella. Yugh.

So much not like Angry Joe, it isn't even an apt comparison. Come on.

I love how the hoverboard thing was what we all wanted in the future, and now that it's here everyone shits on it for being "pretentious"

I want one.

Hoverboards were always dumb, because Back to the Future was dumb. Hopefully now that the "it's the day of the movie, bro!" circlejerk day has passed, people will talk about something else.

Aiii

So not worth it
that mentality brings you down a sad path though... I mean what's the point of making any new technology that doesn't improve everything DRASTICALLY? It's a slow process, but it's something and I think it looks alright for what it is

Technology, at least, needs to improve life. The last thing humanity needs is one less way to physically move your body, really.

This thing just serves no purpose and doesn't even have the "cool-factor"

I mean, you can buy a toy Millenium Falcon quadcopter that you can fly around, now that's a cool technology thing you could take back 20 years and blow your young self's mind with. When he sees this thing he'll just show you his skateboard and laugh at you.

imBask

Banned
Technology, at least, needs to improve life. The last thing humanity needs is one less way to physically move your body, really.

This thing just serves no purpose and doesn't even have the "cool-factor"

I mean, you can buy a toy Millenium Falcon quadcopter that you can fly around, now that's a cool technology thing you could take back 20 years and blow your young self's mind with. When he sees this thing he'll just show you his autoped and laugh at you.

I think you're wrong, 20-years-ago-me wasn't desensitized by the internet and would have had his mind blown by a 2 wheeled electric device that somehow doesn't tip over

the internet ruined everything. Technology, wrestling, gaming, everything

Aiii

So not worth it
I think you're wrong, 20-years-ago-me wasn't desensitized by the internet and would have had his mind blown by a 2 wheeled electric device that somehow doesn't tip over

the internet ruined everything. Technology, wrestling, gaming, everything

images

Fox318

If they can't get it banned via Vince threatening to get a gang together to RAPE THE UNDERTAKERS WIFE, Kurt Angle's also threatening rape (BESTIALITY) against Booker's wife, the dozens of miscarriage angles in 99, the existence of Debra, bizarre incestual undertones with Steph/Vince, HE MOCKS GOD, Owen Hart, Benoit, Eddie & Test's death's and on and on and on

The UFC can't get licensed in New York but WWE gets Barclay's for a long weekend. VINCE IS UNTOUCHABLE.

gip8VjS.gif

the UFC stuff is an union powerplay and everyone knows it.

Vince for the most part gets by today because nobody cares about his traveling circus.

Top Bottom