• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

.....I can't do it, frenemy.

Our feud is the only one left that has any drawing power in WrassleGAF. #TheEndOfAnEra #TheLastOfADyingBreed

So...

bURML.gif
I agree, you really are as fragile as d.brine. Go and see your witch doctor, son.

There's a dope review on legitshook.com of the Saturday Night's Main Event Halloween Spooktacular:

I'll show you some gifs. As always, the writeup is fantastic, but the gifs put the butts in the seats.

spit.gif

More at the link.
https://legitshook.squarespace.com/...ri-reviews/saturday-nights-main-event-1121985

Stro is missed around these part, even if the New Generation don't think so. He was good at creating as much discussion and conversation as anyone else, plus a great source of GIFs. Also his wrestling knowledge, and opinions, were often worthwhile.

His new series on how to do stuff is amazing.

Stro is missed around these part, even if the New Generation don't think so. He was good at creating as much discussion and conversation as anyone else, plus a great source of GIFs. Also his wrestling knowledge, and opinions, were often worthwhile.

His new series on how to do stuff is amazing.
Sacrificing some gifs is more worthwhile than having his toxic posts in here.

I'm still unsure why there wasn't a huge shitstorm about MGSV, but then... I guess it's because it's Kojima's MGSV and not Ubisoft's MGSV. That game is as guilty as Assassin's Creed's criticisms, if not more so.

The stats for the wrestlers in the WWE games are always a source of hilarity. Somehow Stephanie is the highest for the women despite not being a wrestler.

I'm more bothered how for the last decade or so the stats have all hovered around 80-90 for most of the games roster like there's not an entire spectrum of numbers to delve down into.

Like in HCTP a jobber would be hovering around 65-75 while a monster like Lesnar was something like 97, now even your baron corbins have at least 80, what the shit is this?!

I'm more bothered how for the last decade or so the stats have all hovered around 80-90 for most of the games roster like there's not an entire spectrum of numbers to delve down into.

Like in HCTP a jobber would be hovering around 65-75 while a monster like Lesnar was something like 97, now even your baron corbins have at least 80, what the shit is this?!

to be fair baron corbin is the next lesnar so it would make sense for him to be higher

but i agree with the ratings, that is why you buy the 99 cent dlc to edit ratings

Aiii

So not worth it

They always make sure the Divas have low stats though.

bjork

I haven't been paying attention to Fallout 4. I loved Fallout 3. What's better in 4?

I don't know about "better" but iirc from the trailers around e3: It's sharper visually, of course. They have a voice-acted protagonist this time. There was a weapon creation mode that looked fairly in-depth, though with Fallout who knows if you'll actually need anything beyond a plasma rifle. There was some kind of base-building thing that looked like some kind of tower defense mode or some online hook like the base thing in MGSV and it's the main reason I'm holding off on buying it until I let other people make mistakes for me. If that mode is optional and it sounds like the game is good, they I'm in. Otherwise, I won't be too busted up about missing it, I can just read about the game's vault experiments on the wiki.

They always make sure the Divas have low stats though.

surprisingly aside from more obvious choices like Cameron being at the lowest of the low with something like 73 they actually have some divas on the same level as the men.
So pure striker Nikki Bella at 82 stands a chance here...except they can't fight the men anyway so never mind.

Zach

I'm still unsure why there wasn't a huge shitstorm about MGSV, but then... I guess it's because it's Kojima's MGSV and not Ubisoft's MGSV. That game is as guilty as Assassin's Creed's criticisms, if not more so.

But MGSV's general gameplay is far superior, wouldn't you agree?

I don't know about "better" but iirc from the trailers around e3: It's sharper visually, of course. They have a voice-acted protagonist this time. There was a weapon creation mode that looked fairly in-depth, though with Fallout who knows if you'll actually need anything beyond a plasma rifle. There was some kind of base-building thing that looked like some kind of tower defense mode or some online hook like the base thing in MGSV and it's the main reason I'm holding off on buying it until I let other people make mistakes for me. If that mode is optional and it sounds like the game is good, they I'm in. Otherwise, I won't be too busted up about missing it, I can just read about the game's vault experiments on the wiki.

You're not selling me on Fallout 4, bjork. :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower, I hope that you know that since you willingly purchased 2k16, you have forfeited your right to complain about it.

Eh? That's not how it works - people who purchase and play it have more of a right than anyone else. Nobody cares about problems from people who haven't played it.

That said, I don't complain about it anyway because I know it'll have issues, and I know why I bought it. Issues create fun.

GWF comin' back, streaming on PS4. The GWF on PC run ended up a half-baked product because of how little it let you do. This one offers a bit more. I think it's time for the Silver and Black GWF run.

2jzljfu.jpg

Apparently NFL-GAF is breaking Wrasslin Scoopz in the NFL thread.

Sunny, do something!

I will.

Sunny,

Just watched Unfiltered with Balor.

Super sweet guy off camera. A geek, very low-key. It was an okay interview. nothing mind-blowing. Again, though, these guys continue to shine when you get a glimpse of who they are.

Dope. As expected. He's also a lego freakazoid though. Fuck lego.

But MGSV's general gameplay is far superior, wouldn't you agree?

What good is superior gameplay when there's nothing to actually use it on. So many half baked ideas. Also, I couldn't get over the stupidity of a highly trained mercenary not being able to scale up slightly uneven surfaces and slopes. That stuff is unforgivable and lazy.

Zach

What good is superior gameplay when there's nothing to actually use it on. So many half baked ideas. Also, I couldn't get over the stupidity of a highly trained mercenary not being able to scale up slightly uneven surfaces and slopes. That stuff is unforgivable and lazy.

Oh, okay. I loved it.

Cagey

Banned
TV at the lunch spot I'm at has ESPN running and WWE Network commercials are littered thought the noon SportsCenter.

Mainstream.

Oh, okay. I loved it.

It was odd in that I enjoyed it, but was bored by it at the same time. In fact, I'd probably go as far as to say I felt the same way when I played the first Assassin's Creed. It felt like a highly polished technical demo of what the engine could do. I finished MGSV, and played it for over 70 hours, so clearly they did something right, but I've came away with such a unimpressed opinion like something was unfulfilled (and I don't just mean the shit story).

bjork

You're not selling me on Fallout 4, bjork. :(

I would say to watch some of the trailers and stuff and see what you think. I really enjoy diving into Bethesda games for weeks on end, but that E3 presentation kinda left me cooled on it and I haven't really gotten hyped at all for it. I may end up loving it, for all I know. I'm just not going to day one it unless I see some kind of third-party gameplay footage to see how it really is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was kinda fond of the older style with the smaller match title font, but for finding dates I think it's way better now than it was before.

It was a nightmare before. Braun Stro-man did a great job of making it navigable. It was easily the worst thing about the site layout and he fixed it.

Top Bottom