• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Fox318

I don't understand how Smackdown gets any ratings, why on earth are people watching that show?

• they can't reach the remote in the hospital bed
  • they like fake crowd noise
  • they like seeing the Bellas as a Face
  • they love pointless 6 man tags

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
https://youtu.be/mcl3_BU8lUM

dead on arrival

AT0a0Ue.gif

Cagey

Banned
I think I'm going to go the more affordable route and get a Chevy Spark instead of the Civic because my commute is about 10 minutes and I never have to move a lot of stuff.

This is not wrestling related.

I had a Chevy Spark as a rental car for about a week over the summer. The Spark is an underpowered piece of shit. Get the Civic. Hell, get any of the other cars in the Spark's supreme fuel-efficient econo-class. The Spark has 87 horsepower. That's a joke, but it's also exactly true.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I had a Chevy Spark as a rental car for about a week over the summer. The Spark is an underpowered piece of shit. Get the Civic. Hell, get any of the other cars in the Spark's supreme fuel-efficient econo-class. The Spark has 87 horsepower. That's a joke, but it's also exactly true.

I mean, I hit no highways, no hills or nothing on my way to and back from work. Even my drive to the local grocery store is a straight shot on a road that my city deems 'not major'
2016 Focus RS

that is the vehicle I want

I still haven't decided but I'm gonna need a car soon. I looked a lot at Honda because my family's always had Honda and they've always been good but Ford and Chevy are both way different since our last time we bought one.

imBask

Banned
alright Jimmy King, I might give Smackdown a chance to play on my second monitor tonight, I haven't watched more than 10 min of Smackdown in years, I wanna see where it's at now

can it really be any worst than RAW?

alright Jimmy King, I might give Smackdown a chance to play on my second monitor tonight, I haven't watched more than 10 min of Smackdown in years, I wanna see where it's at now

You feel that Breeze in the air, everyone? It's bringing ratings.

Cagey

Banned
I mean, I hit no highways, no hills or nothing on my way to and back from work. Even my drive to the local grocery store is a straight shot on a road that my city deems 'not major'

I lied, it has a robust 84 horsepower.

I would trust the Kia Rio (same class) or Kia Forte (Civic-class) more than the Spark. Among others.

The Spark will get the job done for the commute you describe but any sort of highway driving will feel perilous. And I'm not a guy into big cars or trucks: my Optima is about as large a vehicle I can tolerate.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I lied, it has a robust 84 horsepower.

I would trust the Kia Rio (same class) or Kia Forte (Civic-class) more than the Spark. Among others.

The Spark will get the job done for the commute you describe but any sort of highway driving will feel perilous. And I'm not a guy into big cars or trucks: my Optima is about as large a vehicle I can tolerate.

I got a friend at Kia that I've talked to about the Forte in particular as well.

I REALLY liked the Fusion I drove the other day

Cagey

Banned
I got a friend at Kia that I've talked to about the Forte in particular as well.

I REALLY liked the Fusion I drove the other day

Ah. Given the Spark, I wasn't sure if your budget was in that Fusion/Optima/Madza6/Sonata range.

The Optima is the basic bitch of cars. Zero complaints, looks nice enough, drives nice enough. Only standout feature is it has no negatives.

I liked the Fusion more than Optima myself but we found a better deal on the Optima we wound up getting. The Fusion was a damn nice car for the price.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ah. Given the Spark, I wasn't sure if your budget was in that Fusion/Optima/Madza6/Sonata range.

The Optima is the basic bitch of cars. Zero complaints, looks nice enough, drives nice enough. Only standout feature is it has no negatives.

I liked the Fusion more than Optima myself but we found a better deal on the Optima we wound up getting. The Fusion was a damn nice car for the price.

I've got a solid budget for it, it's just that I'm not going to overspend if I really don't need to. Like I said, I barely drive but to go to work, come back and buy groceries. My current car, or last car, is old enough that I'm still stuck in that 'American cars have weird specific parts and are hard to maintain' reality which hasn't been the case for the last 8 or so years, but it's a hard one to get out of.

Aiii

So not worth it

Just watch it on YT tomorrow if you must, no need to torture yourself.

Throwing my love of the Fusion in to the Car chat as well. Hyundai's stuff is getting good too.

I feel like we're pretty lucky now, for the most part you're always going to get a decent to good interior in any given car now. How fun it is to drive is always a different matter, though :\

Cagey

Banned
I've got a solid budget for it, it's just that I'm not going to overspend if I really don't need to. Like I said, I barely drive but to go to work, come back and buy groceries. My current car, or last car, is old enough that I'm still stuck in that 'American cars have weird specific parts and are hard to maintain' reality which hasn't been the case for the last 8 or so years, but it's a hard one to get out of.

Makes sense, I had the same thought. Without splurging for the extras that aren't all that necessary, you can keep any of the compact cars around $17K and any of the "mid" size cars besides the Accord around $20K.

Just given my personal experience with the Spark, I'd recommend getting anything but the Spark in that subcompact tier of cars. 84 horsepower is noticeably weaker than the other subcompact cars which sport ~110-130 horsepower, and you'll feel like you're driving a golf cart with a doors next to full-sized cars and trucks.

One nice thing I will say about the Spark is that the interior feels a lot bigger than you'd anticipate when seeing the car. I didn't feel claustrophobic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
November Wrasslin' |OT| Giving Thanks in America to Vince McMahon

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
November Wrasslin' |OT| Cena gave Owens everything, and not even a thank you

jmdajr

So anyone excited for Bork and Taker?

Despite the lul, I think we will be having a good time here Sunday.

If Bork insists he's over it as he did on Stone Cold's podcast, so am I. :( They've had 7 matches, I think?

Not particularly excited about anything on the card tbh.

honestly my expectations are low

I mean its a hell in a cell match with 2 guys who probably won't take crazy bumps, no blood, and no real violence.

I don't know.

I am, there summerslam match might be my MOTY so I cant wait to see it.

Praising it already because it's another PPV where Seth Rollins isn't main eventing

See ya Sunday!

imBask

Banned
You're simply wrong.

it's not about him, it's about the hellhole that is the midcard

none of the NXT guys/girls will make it except for MAYBE Corbin because of his shape, and MAYBE Balor but I doubt it since he's not a mastodon and he's already stapled with a dumb Demon character

Bayley might win a divas title but what is that even worth these days

So, what are your hopes/expectations for him? Even if he gets to main event status, I don't know how he won't be a one and done type scenario ala Miz.

Breeze was so over here in Austin. He probably got the loudest pop that evening.

IC champion, defending it along the shores of Italy, France, and other fashion hotspots.

none of the NXT guys/girls will make it except for MAYBE Corbin because of his shape, and MAYBE Balor but I doubt it since he's not a mastodon and he's already stapled with a dumb Demon character

The mid card is filled with great talent but little in the way of character so Breeze automatically stands out. Look at how he was in NXT, even if it was just jobber status they can plug him in anywhere anytime and give him a fun feud without really having to rely on story emphasis.

Ithil

That "dumb Demon character" is most likely going to cause him to be successful.

Top Bottom