• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Striker

Kofi has won 12 belts in his tenure

4-time IC champ
3-time US champ
5-time tag champ

Good grief. Like, you know, Edge and Christian won a lot of tag titles, too. But they eventually went somewhere. Kofi never will, and it's not like he's part of a legacy tag team like the Dudley's.

I would agree with the above if the WWE felt titles meant anything at all and weren't used as mere prop accessories.

Granted, Adam Rose, Fandango and Alex Riley haven't exactly amassed a stable of championships for themselves either.
But if Wade Barrett can win 5 belts, Santino Marella can win 4 belts and Trevor Murdoch can win 3 belts... surely Tyler Breeze can muster winning 1.

The Divas title would match his ensemble. Seems like that's the one he'd want the most.
Would give the WWE an opportunity to bring back the Women's championship, too.

We're setting the bar high, If Breeze gets to be a modern day Harvey Whippleman he'll have beaten expectations.

Toki767

I would agree with the above if the WWE felt titles meant anything at all and weren't used as mere prop accessories.

Granted, Adam Rose, Fandango and Alex Riley haven't exactly amassed a stable of championships for themselves either.
But if Wade Barrett can win 5 belts, Santino Marella can win 4 belts and Trevor Murdoch can win 3 belts... surely Tyler Breeze can muster winning 1.
The Divas title would match his ensemble. Seems like that's the one he'd want the most.
Would give the WWE the opportunity to bring back the Women's championship, too.

Barrett's a big guy and can talk so it's easy to see why he'd at least win the IC title.

Marella was comedy and kid friendly.

I'd say Murdoch was of a different era. Wasn't he basically part of the only tag team aside from the Hardys? And I guess the Highlanders.

Breeze I really don't know. I feel like his character is going to be treated as a joke.

https://youtu.be/mcl3_BU8lUM

dead on arrival

AT0a0Ue.gif

Jesus that camera work...

Heel R-Truth is honestly up there with Goldust and Mick Foley as one of the greatest characters WWE has ever written. But then "oh Lil Jimmy is an invisible kid now" and the Rock showed up and that's all she wrote.
No you meant Vince said, "Hey, I can make money with a face Lil Jimmy, let's do it this way."

Big One

Banned
I'm gonna keep sayin' it.

People that think Rollins is solely responsible for low ratings are in the wrong. WRONG I say.
The only thing responsible for the ratings is Vince McMahon and no one else. The talent are never at fault, it's Vince's fault for not knowing how to utilize his talent properly.

Why would you take someone like Rollins who is meh on the mic and give him so much mic time, for example? That right there is as surefire proof that you have no idea how to book certain wrestlers. Same with guys like Cesaro and Roman Reigns.

Vince needs to learn how to focus and exemplify wrestler's strength and know what they can and cannot contribute to the show.

notworksafe

I assume 2k16 isn't making it to PC this year, right? At least people might be able to mod stuff back into the game theoretically...plus steam sales cause I'm not paying $60 for a wrestling game.

UberTag

Vince needs to learn how to focus and exemplify wrestler's strength and know what they can and cannot contribute to the show.
Amplifying a wrestler's strengths and masking their weaknesses is literally Heyman Booking 101... but, of course, Vince McMahon is a creative genius and knows better.

notworksafe

Nothing announced. Enjoy the PS3 and 360 ports however

damn. the storyline stuff is all i really want the game for. don't think i've ever liked the gameplay of any wrestling game so i've given up on them for that aspect.

def jam fight for new york was damn good though, does that count as a wrestling game?

klonere

Banned
After watching UpUpDownDown I want a 3 man team of Slater, Swagger and Axel. They all have this natural southern drawling charm and all seem to get on well enough together. Call them the Good Ole Boys. Put them up against the New Day.

Book it Maggle.

Never mind what I said earlier, klonere can't have my spot.
def jam fight for new york was damn good though, does that count as a wrestling game?

It absolutely does!
Ahhh, that's better.

Can't wait for the storyline in 2017 when Finn can no longer access Demon mode and ever present main eventer Kane who is of course still around teaches Finn to master the power of the demon, but Finn gets too consumed by the powers and Kane has to fight the Greater Demon he created.
Good times for Balor ahead indeed imbask.

I...I want to see this, sadly. I'M SORRY NET_WRECKER. I WANT TO SEE KANE...IN 2017

Top Bottom