• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Toki767

He couldn't even cut it in NXT, and I'm supposed to buy him where the Big Boys play?
hqdefault.jpg

But look at the adjective. Play.

imBask

Banned
That "dumb Demon character" is most likely going to cause him to be successful.

"successful" like CUHRAYYZEEE Dean was for maybe 3 months?

IC champion, defending it along the shores of Italy, France, and other fashion hotspots.

The mid card is filled with great talent but little in the way of character so Breeze automatically stands out. Look at how he was in NXT, even if it was just jobber status they can plug him in anywhere anytime and give him a fun feud without really having to rely on story emphasis.

if those are your expectations, then I accept your point

Ithil

"successful" like CUHRAYYZEEE Dean was for maybe 3 months?

Well clearly Bálor's demon gimmick will not be successful because Dean Ambrose had a completely different and unrelated gimmick. Actually wait those two things have nothing to do with each other.

Ithil

I'm not sure how Finn's demon look instantly translates to success.

I didn't say instant success. I said most likely it would be successful. No one else on the company is doing anything like it, it appeals to multiple demographics and is a natural merch machine.

imBask

Banned
I didn't say instant success. I said most likely it would be successful. No one else on the company is doing anything like it, it appeals to multiple demographics and is a natural merch machine.

Demon-Kane-main.jpg

you forgot about the "ratings are in the toilet" Main Eventer this sunday on PPV

Kane is shit and always was, I want badass bullet club leather jacket Balor to succeed

Hex

Banned
I'm not sure how Finn's demon look instantly translates to success.

Merch = push = success

People seem to be ignoring the fact that they are not only locking him to the Demon Balor but also branching him out with the Balor Club merch and gimmick also.

Pretty shitty how quickly people turn in here on people, not long ago people loved the demon gimmick and entrance.
This board is as carny as all of the WWE combined.

imBask

Banned
Merch = push = success

People seem to be ignoring the fact that they are not only locking him to the Demon Balor but also branching him out with the Balor Club merch and gimmick also.

Pretty shitty how quickly people turn in here on people, not long ago people loved the demon gimmick and entrance.

wasn't Dean selling merch like crazy?

EDIT : I never loved the demon gimmick, keep that shit in LU where it makes sense because nothing makes sense

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never loved the demon gimmick or entrance, my dude.
I hated it all the way back to NJPW. They could make a lot of money with it. But they could also make a lot of money with Kallisto.

Merch = push = success

Finn Balor debuted November 6, 2014. People can't have a change in opinion over nearly a year?

I myself never liked Balor but it's easy to see he'd be easy to make money with.

tumblr_nm4y72Teix1rmvjexo1_1280.jpg

you forgot about the "ratings are in the toilet" Main Eventer this sunday on PPV
Ahhh, that's better.

Can't wait for the storyline in 2017 when Finn can no longer access Demon mode and ever present main eventer Kane who is of course still around teaches Finn to master the power of the demon, but Finn gets too consumed by the powers and Kane has to fight the Greater Demon he created.
Good times for Balor ahead indeed imbask.

klonere

Banned
Just realized the Jays game 7 will be on Sunday if it goes to that.

Poor John Pollock, isn't there going to be a UFC PPV that night as well?

Striker

Ahhh, that's better.

Can't wait for the storyline in 2017 when Finn can no longer access Demon mode and ever present main eventer Kane who is of course still around teaches Finn to master the power of the demon, but Finn gets too consumed by the powers and Kane has to fight the Greater Demon he created.
Good times for Balor ahead indeed imbask.
Did the challenger for the title even appear on the go-home show? This show is trite.

klonere

Banned
I'm gonna keep sayin' it.

People that think Rollins is solely responsible for low ratings are in the wrong. WRONG I say.

Rollins is my boy and I will defend his indy, nazi dating ass till I die.

The ESPN segment where he had to go on, in kayfabe and talk about KANE IN 2015 proves the company has NO IDEA what to do with people these days. Just have Rollins go on and talk about Crossfit (on the station that airs competitive crossfit!) and Football, then promote the PPV. Have Barrett come on and talk about soccer, have Titus come on and talk about Football and what an amazing human being he is etc etc

Nope, just a fucking KANNNEEEEE promo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When you are given the strap, brother, that is them saying 'we believe in you' and that means taking all the blame.

Seth ain't ready and never will be
zWVbK.gif

Toki767

When you are given the strap, brother, that is them saying 'we believe in you' and that means taking all the blame.

zWVbK.gif

That's why Roman doesn't have the belt. They don't want to put the blame on him. Even though they'd probably make up an excuse when it does happen.

UberTag

I know this seems like a trite observation given Breeze... but what the hell is Miz wearing in this segment? I mean, at least Tyler's just wearing what he usually wears.

The ESPN segment where he had to go on, in kayfabe and talk about KANE IN 2015 proves the company has NO IDEA what to do with people these days. Just have Rollins go on and talk about Crossfit (on the station that airs competitive crossfit!) and Football, then promote the PPV. Have Barrett come on and talk about soccer, have Titus come on and talk about Football and what an amazing human being he is etc etc

Nope, just a fucking KANNNEEEEE promo.
Yep, they're a joke alright. And, the thing is, there's at least a half dozen people in the back who have had the same ideas for their ESPN cross-promotion as you've cited above, but they don't dare utter them because of the poisonous work environment.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I know this seems like a trite observation given Breeze... but what the hell is Miz wearing in this segment? I mean, at least Tyler's just wearing what he usually wears.

Yep, they're a joke alright. And, the thing is, there's at least a half dozen people in the back who have had the same ideas for their ESPN cross-promotion as you've cited above, but they don't dare utter them because of the poisonous work environment.

It's the Rick Owens Fall 2015 collection, friend.

Ithil

zWVbK.gif

We believe in you, now let's have you lose 21 times in a row.

You can bet your ass Reigns will win every match he has when he's champion.

Striker

That's why Roman doesn't have the belt. They don't want to put the blame on him. Even though they'd probably make up an excuse when it does happen.
I thought I read that's why Eddie didn't want to be the champion for very long, either. Though he had the latino backing and they did really well in that area.

Speaking of Roman, question: in my time back into the fold, I never got why the audience yell WHAT while the man speaks. Is it meant to be condescending?
It's basically mindless fan shouting. "U-S-A!" when a foreigner is in the ring facing a... foreigner.

Even worse is when fans boo a guy for whatever nonsense, but will chant anything during the match or count when they're hitting a certain move (i.e Sheamus's apron clubbing). Like if Kurt Angle was around, they would still chant "You Suck!" at his entrance, but they would love him in segments or in the ring.

Toki767

Speaking of Roman, question: in my time back into the fold, I never got why the audience yell WHAT while the man speaks. Is it meant to be condescending?

It's a trend Stone Cold started late in his career.

These days some fans say it because either because they like being annoying to whoever is in the ring or because they really don't care about the person giving a promo.

People that think Rollins is solely responsible for low ratings are in the wrong. WRONG I say.

We don't think, we know.

yikes

zWVbK.gif

This.

The first thing a casual audience is gonna look at when they check out WWE is who the champ is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Stone Cold popularized that shit and it's been ruining promos ever since. Just stupid if you have a particular cadence to your promo. They actively work on cadence to fight that kind of shit. Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton are both very good now at stuffing those chants.

R-Truth is the GOAT though

"DON'T YOU KNOW TO SHUT UP WHEN AN ANGRY BLACK MAN IS TALKING?" shut them right up

Bronx-Man

Banned
Heel R-Truth is honestly up there with Goldust and Mick Foley as one of the greatest characters WWE has ever written. But then "oh Lil Jimmy is an invisible kid now" and the Rock showed up and that's all she wrote.

I don't think he's wholly responsible, the show being complete dribble at the moment is a more likely case.
Rollins being a flavourless champ is basically an off shoot of that.

Did the challenger for the title even appear on the go-home show? This show is trite.
Nope, Corporate Kane suspended? well Demon Kane ain't suspended, this writes itself...

And then nothing actually happened, thrilling story building.

They're trying to help his promo skills, when Reigns can overcome the "what" disruptions without crumbling it's a sign his promo ability has improved ten fold, we just want what's best for the next face of the company.

UberTag

I dare say Breeze will never even win a title his entire WWE career.
I would agree with the above if the WWE felt titles meant anything at all and weren't used as mere prop accessories.

Granted, Adam Rose, Fandango and Alex Riley haven't exactly amassed a stable of championships for themselves either.
But if Wade Barrett can win 5 belts, Santino Marella can win 4 belts and Trevor Murdoch can win 3 belts... surely Tyler Breeze can muster winning 1.

The Divas title would match his ensemble. Seems like that's the one he'd want the most.
Would give the WWE an opportunity to bring back the Women's championship, too.

Top Bottom