• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

I'm fairly certain that dude is a work. But like DM, he has left me legit shook a few times. Though there's this time where after Dusty died, Ryan came on the show and asked Bryan and Mike whether WWE will add Wargames now that Dusty has passed. Mike was laughing the entire time and poor Ryan goes: "...I was a big fan of Wargames." Mike laughs again and tells him he should know better that WWE will never add Wargames.

So Ryan is DM???

DMczaf

I'm fairly certain that dude is a work. But like DM, he has left me legit shook a few times. Though there's this time where after Dusty died, Ryan came on the show and asked Bryan and Mike whether WWE will add Wargames now that Dusty has passed. Mike was laughing the entire time and poor Ryan goes: "...I was a big fan of Wargames." Mike laughs again and tells him he should know better that WWE will never add Wargames.

It's a good idea!

klonere

Banned
Is it me or is Jason Agnew and Braden Herrington the worse podcasting duo on live audio wrestling right now?

I wish Wai and John would review NXT instead.

Agnew just opens his mouth and shit spews out. Harrington is just kinda there, like a sort of audio Byron Saxton. Agnew sorta holds back on the LAW but on the NXT review he just an insufferable cunt of the highest degree. Stopped listening when Agnew said Carmella looked like a tranny a few months back.

Fave five wrasslin podcasts

1. Review A-Wai/Raw
2. Stone Cold
3. AE podcast
4. OSW
Tazz's new daily show thing which is actually pretty good

Mizerman

Speaking of Lapsed Fan

ySWJGI5.png

1k9f88X.jpg

I enjoyed that RVD vs Cena at ONS 2006. Especially when Cena basically heeled it up during the match.

Hex

Banned
Finally catching up on this week's NXT, and I forgot how much I seriously love Enzo and Cass.
And what the hell was up with Finn coming to the ring before Joe? He is the goddamned champ.
Joe is a third place runner up in a samoan Elvis look-a-like contest (or is it a Chris Penn look-a-like contest?)

Alright...my friendths. Let'sth play ahmchayaah bookah, ala Duddy Road.

Book a supershow. All feds. Only current. You can bring someone out of retirement if you wish but they operate at their retired level (meaning you're not gonna get something very great out of them)

Ten match limit.

01. NXT Championship: Finn Balor (c) vs Kota Ibushi

02. British Catchweight Rules: Marty Scurll vs Chris Hero

03. Europe vs North America - 1 vs 1 Gauntlet Match: Mark Haskins, Will Ospreay, Tommy End, Big Daddy Walter, Wade Barrett & Drew Galloway vs Kevin Owens, Apollo Crews, Mike Bailey, Timothy Thatcher, Moose & Roderick Strong

04. UWFi Rules: Kazushi Sakuraba, Katsuyori Shibata & Masakatsu Funaki vs Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr & Claudio Castagnoli

05. Los Ingobernables International Tag Challenge: Rush, La Sombra & Tetsuya Naito vs Big E, Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods

06. Special Exhibition Match: Johnny Saint vs Daniel Bryan

07. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Randy Orton

08. CMLL vs AAA Cibernetico: Negro Casas, Ultimo Guerrero, Volador Jr, Mascara Dorada, Barbaro Cavernario, Guerrero Maya Jr & Dragon Lee vs El Patron, Blue Demon Jr, Rey Mysterio Jr, Pentagon Jr, Fenix, El Hijo del Fantasma & Drago

09. Two Men of 1/100 Talent: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs John Cena

10. IWGP vs WWE World Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Seth Rollins (c)

what's wrong with WM2000? the greatest champion of all time won the main event against The Rock and 2 other loser

Austin and Undertaker were out with injuries. The only straight-up, one-on-one match was The Kat vs. Terri with Val Venis as the referee. Everything else was either a tag match or a 3-way/4-way match. Also, it was the first time the heel ever won the main event at Mania.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
My monthly top 5 NXT list:
Men:
1) Tyler Breeze
2) Chad Gable
3) Finn Balor (I hope he adds new maneuvers soon to change it up)
4) Apollo Crews (I'm ready for his Breeze match-up)
5) Enzo Amore (him and Cass are ready for the call-up -- would love to see him on the mic against New Day)

Women:
1) Bayley
2) Emma
3) Alexa Bliss
4) Dana Brooke
5) Blue Pants (I guess?!?)

Combined:
1) Tyler Breeze
2) Chad Gable
3) Finn Balor
4) Bayley
5) Apollo Crews

Tag:
1) Enzo & Cass (call 'em up soon, WWE!)
2) Gable & Jordan
3) The Vaudevillains
4) Dubstep Bros! (Blake & Murphy)
5) Dash & Dawson

I'm looking forward to when Itami and Sami's return, along with Asuka and Nia's debuts to mix things up more for their divisions.

Zach

Whats gonna wind up happening is Zach is gonna give Slamboree 2000 an A+.

Sin: A

December to Dismember: A+

But, plans change.

I really want to look these up now, but I won't!

The issue with wrestling shows is that there isn't enough tonal shift throughout the course of a performance to keep people engaged throughout and generally speaking there are no rosters with enough depth in talent so ultimately the quality of a single show is extremely shaky.

I think the only way to get a A level wrestling show would be to mine different styles and rosters and put together something that flowed well but appealed to different senses throughout (comedy, sex appeal, action, violence, etc.) So it would ultimately probably be some kind of WWE/New Japan/Ultimate Surrender/CZW supershow.

Mmhmm, mmhmm.

Book a supershow. All feds. Only current. You can bring someone out of retirement if you wish but they operate at their retired level (meaning you're not gonna get something very great out of them)

Ten match limit.

Drew Gulak and Timothy Thatcher vs. ReDRagon
Ricochet vs. Jimmy Havoc vs. Kalisto vs. Marty Scurll
Cesaro and Sami Zayn vs. Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper
Finn Balor and Samoa Joe vs. Kota Ibushi and Kenny Omega
Kevin Owens vs. Will Ospreay
Brock Lesnar vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Daniel Bryan
Minoru Suzuki vs. El Patron
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. John Cena

Raw64life

Ten match limit.

Dudleys vs. Hardys vs. Reigns/Ambrose vs. New Day - TLC Match - WWE Tag Titles

Nakamura vs. Alberto El Patron

The Miz vs. Minoru Suzki, Yuji Nagata, Big Show, Sheamus, Ryota Hama, JBL and Steiner Brothers - 8 vs. 1 Handicap Steel Cage Match

AJ Styles vs. Orton

Balor, Zayn, Owens, Samoa Joe, Ibushi, Shibata, Goto, Naito - Money in the Bank - Winner chooses any title they want from any promotion

Angle vs. Cesaro

Stratus vs. Banks vs. Lynch vs. Kana/Asuka - Diva's Title

Tanahashi vs. Rollins

Undertaker & Kane vs. Sting & Goldberg - Retirement Match - Not decided by who wins, but simply everyone in the match must retire after its over

Okada vs. Cena - IWGP Title

Lesnar vs. Bryan - Iron Man Match - WWE Title - Not decided by most pinfalls/submissions, Bryan must simply survive for an hour without getting injured/dying in the ring to win the title

Shadow780

I listen to TIJ, SCSA when they have interesting guests, also Solomonster, Sam Roberts (Katie's impression on Nikki is hilarious), and Cheap Heat.

If there are other great ones I'd love to know.

NoRéN

01. NXT Championship: Finn Balor (c) vs Kota Ibushi

02. British Catchweight Rules: Marty Scurll vs Chris Hero

03. Europe vs North America - 1 vs 1 Gauntlet Match: Mark Haskins, Will Ospreay, Tommy End, Big Daddy Walter, Wade Barrett & Drew Galloway vs Kevin Owens, Apollo Crews, Mike Bailey, Timothy Thatcher, Moose & Roderick Strong

04. UWFi Rules: Kazushi Sakuraba, Katsuyori Shibata & Masakatsu Funaki vs Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr & Claudio Castagnoli

05. Los Ingobernables International Tag Challenge: Rush, La Sombra & Tetsuya Naito vs Big E, Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods

06. Special Exhibition Match: Johnny Saint vs Daniel Bryan

07. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Randy Orton

08. CMLL vs AAA Cibernetico: Negro Casas, Ultimo Guerrero, Volador Jr, Mascara Dorada, Barbaro Cavernario, Guerrero Maya Jr & Dragon Lee vs El Patron, Blue Demon Jr, Rey Mysterio Jr, Pentagon Jr, Fenix, El Hijo del Fantasma & Drago

09. Two Men of 1/100 Talent: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs John Cena

10. IWGP vs WWE World Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Seth Rollins (c)
I would watch the fuck out of this!

Needs more HOSS though.

I posted on wrassle Gaf before but never gave my all time top five

1: Jake The Snake Roberts
2: Scott Hall
3: Kurt Henning
4: Arn Anderson
5: Lance Storm

Honorable mention to Buff the Muthafucking stuff Bagwell.

Watching all those old Nitro and WCW pay per views has made me a fan of his.

Bronx-Man

Banned
My all time fave five changes every month, but this month it is:

5. Daniel Bryan
4. Randy Savage
3. The Rock
2. Chris Jericho
1. Eddie Guerrero

Valentus

So Balor will have kinda 2 entrances now?

The Demon entrance for big events, and the stripper entrance for nxt weekly shows?

I posted on wrassle Gaf before but never gave my all time top five
I guess I haven't either three years in.

1. The Rock
2. Stone Cold
3. Kurt Angle
4. Chris Jericho
5. Shawn Michaels

Current:
1. Brock Lesnar
2. The New Day
3. Sasha Banks
4. Rusev
5. Cesaro

My favorite things the last three years that are now gone were D. Brine and the original Shield/Wyatt feud. CM Punk didn't do much for me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_nhz5qedQgK1qj1jhno1_1280.jpg

vs
Rusev-and-Big-E.jpg

and

image.jpg

vs
wpid-lesnar72.jpg

I assume our fantasy card has to involve WWE people because I know how you nerds get when I go outside of your bubble

Top Bottom