• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Kornflayx

the impact is godly.

todays wrestling is so clumsy and inexperienced, here it seems like a battle

Everything's a battle for leverage and advantage. There aren't even big MOVEZ in this match. Kicks, punches, a Scorpion Deathlock from Choshu and a FIRST ROPE elbow drop from Hashimoto. Better than any shitty superkick fest from the Young Bucks

somedevil

For one, he is...
Bp-ScAUCUAEx-ux.png

For another, still the best NXT segment of all time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj4NvpSKCEI

What also great was the music video they did after Bo Dallas had to leave NXT. It was hilarious.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v33482297/

klonere

Banned
the impact is godly.

todays wrestling is so clumsy and inexperienced, here it seems like a battle

Everything's a battle for leverage and advantage. There aren't even big MOVEZ in this match. Kicks, punches, a Scorpion Deathlock from Choshu and a FIRST ROPE elbow drop from Hashimoto. Better than any shitty superkick fest from the Young Bucks

lmao what the fuck is this shit

there's plenty of equally hard hitting, non-movez based wrestling out there now you just gotta find it

There's 2 things I never understood about Mr. Perfect:

1. Clearly, judging by the vignettes, the dude was perfect. So, if that's the case, why did he not beat Hogan for the championship? That just doesn't seem right to me.
2. Because he was so perfect at other sports (ping pong, golf, football, etc.), why didn't he compete in all those sports and make a ton of money? He could have been the best player in all those respective sports, yet he chose wrestling. Just seems like a wasted opportunity, I think.

There's 2 things I never understood about Mr. Perfect:

1. Clearly, judging by the vignettes, the dude was perfect. So, if that's the case, why did he not beat Hogan for the championship? That just doesn't seem right to me.
2. Because he was so perfect at other sports (ping pong, golf, football, etc.), why didn't he compete in all those sports and make a ton of money? He could have been the best player in all those respective sports, yet he chose wrestling. Just seems like a wasted opportunity, I think.
This sounds like something my fiancée would ask. She's blind without her glasses and JR is saying The Rock one million times, then she asks; "is that Dwayne Johnson?"

It ruined my entire morning.

Recall

lmao what the fuck is this shit

there's plenty of equally hard hitting, non-movez based wrestling out there now you just gotta find it

On the indies where every other move is super duper sit out tornado hyper bomb into a small package. Except TJ Perkins who likes the old UWFi style.

so many Indy matches make zero sense, it's just stuff for stuff sake.

A poorly rendered Tony Atlas? Couldn't get the rights to Tyson? Not like Tyson's got a high asking price these days. And then the Austin shit, goddamn. When's 2K going to bring out a carny simulator? The people who work on these games should be embarrassed. I can't believe I actually expected 2K to eventually drop Yuke's when they had their own engine ready.

Yo this dude D'Lo looks just like my uncle. Funny he has to stop and get his head bobble on in his walk.

Also why I'm the hell ddid D'Lo and Mark have the same song as the rock? I always wondered that, did Jim just say fuck it?

Since Wrestlemania, Summerslam, MITB, and Survivor Series are the only PPVs given some focus then they should bring back one off PPV names like the in your house days.

Since Wrestlemania, Summerslam, MITB, and Survivor Series are the only PPVs given some focus then they should bring back one off PPV names like the in your house days.
More like they should just name them all in your house again and so smaller arenas ☺

My dad about the same size as Mark Henry in 98

Same colour too.

Goldy with the jobber entrance

To Jarrett and The Blazer

I have no clue.

There also missing stuff like the Superstars RAW replacement and Thursday Raw Thursday but those weren't really Monday Night RAW.
Cool, maybe they'll add those.

Anyone find it so weird how they have this angle where Hawk falls then 7 months later Owen has his fall?

WWE has some weird shit happen.

Like the Eddie passing out then he died suddenly(of course this was maybe 2 years latet but still).

Then Benoit being a "woman beater" and the whole thing happened.

It's just so crazy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cool, maybe they'll add those.

Anyone find it so weird how they have this angle where Hawk falls then 7 months later Owen has his fall?

WWE has some weird shit happen.

Like the Eddie passing out then he died suddenly(of course this was maybe 2 years latet but still).

Then Benoit being a "woman beater" and the whole thing happened.

It's just so crazy.

There's an insane amount of Bret Hart getting screwed unintentional foreshadowing in 1997.

Also a ton of talk about how the Ring Master will become the biggest thing in wrestling in late 1995/early 1996 that is downright prophetic.

Oh and just recently JR has been saying stuff about what would happen to Pillman if he loses this career/Marlena match that is downright...sad.

There's an insane amount of Bret Hart getting screwed unintentional foreshadowing in 1997.

Also a ton of talk about how the Ring Master will become the biggest thing in wrestling in late 1995/early 1996 that is downright prophetic.

Oh and just recently JR has been saying stuff about what would happen to Pillman if he loses this career/Marlena match that is downright...sad.
I never noticed everything in 97' but Bret'as whole demeanour late 96'-97' you could tell there was a lot going on in his head. He was tired he didn't really care, I felt like he was legit shooting his true feelings in his promos

UberTag

12027159_900570620031908_2196767023010377696_o.jpg

http://www.prowrestlingcrate.com/

I don't know who asked for this.
Is that Mick Foley or Zeb Colter? I can't even tell any more.

I never noticed everything in 97' but Bret'as whole demeanour late 96'-97' you could tell there was a lot going on in his head. He was tired he didn't really care, I felt like he was legit shooting his true feelings in his promos
I think that's partly what resulted in his heel program being so compelling. Heels always come off better when they have conviction and speak the truth but still want to screw over the fan favorite. Tapping into yourself and using the opportunity to vent frustration just helps sell the character. CM Punk employed this tactic as well.

That said, Bret was WWE through and through until Vince couldn't afford to match WCW's asking price.

Bret was too much of a professional. Above all else, that was his thing. The whole "whine" angle was just a play off the audience' perception. Your statement here was one shared back then and is what fed the storyline. backstage, Bret was too much of a Vince loyalist.
You're right, Bret really didn't want to leave Vince but Vince said he couldn't pay him anymore. It's so fucking funny though Vince would make a hell of a lot of money from Austin and The Rock the Bret's contract wad nothing. But who knows if we would've got Austin Era if Bret stayed. Same with Shawn. So as much as I love Shawn, it's a good thing he left and same with Bret.

What else have you played?

I need to get around LiS. Was waiting for the inevitable bundle sale.

A whole fuckload of games this year. Galak-Z, Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, etc etc etc.

Life is Strange stands alone at the top. It is Evil Jet-Li at the end of The One where he's kicking the shit out of everybody in SPACE JAIL

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You're right, Bret really didn't want to leave Vince but Vince said he couldn't pay him anymore. It's so fucking funny though Vince would make a hell of a lot of money from Austin and The Rock the Bret's contract wad nothing. But who knows if we would've got Austin Era if Bret stayed. Same with Shawn. So as much as I love Shawn, it's a good thing he left and same with Bret.

Vince would end up paying The Big show like twice as much as he would have paid Bret.

Bret and Austin also never have a real payoff match. The first match is one by a sneaky rollup, the second by passing out.

UberTag

Just think of all of the people who could have flourished in the past 6-7 years had Cena taken a sabbatical.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Just think of all of the people who could have flourished in the past 6-7 years had Cena taken a sabbatical.

For most of that time they had an entire separate brand (or two!) where Cena almost never showed up. Still couldn't build any real stars. Can't blame John for being a machine.

UberTag

For most of that time they had an entire separate brand (or two!) where Cena almost never showed up. Still couldn't build any real stars. Can't blame John for being a machine.
I remember them building a whole bunch of stars. They just fed them to Cena after they were built and then proceeded to 50/50 their sorry asses into irrelevance.

Top Bottom