• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Any recommendations for a CM Punk match or two to watch? So far he's currently a massive blank spot in my knowledge of recent years.

Money in the Bank '11 against Cena is the goto match. Their last match on RAW during the Road to WrestleMania 29 was notable as well.

Bryan/Punk at Over the Limit 2011

Punk/Taker Mania 29

just a few

Any recommendations for a CM Punk match or two to watch? So far he's currently a massive blank spot in my knowledge of recent years.
off the top of my head,

vs. Daniel Bryan, Over The Limit 2012
vs. Daniel Bryan, Money in the Bank 2012
vs. John Cena, Raw 2/25 2013
vs. Brock Lesnar, Summerslam 2013

christ

it could be a fire feud if Miz played heel and Punk played tweener

I'm with you buddy. Shame it'll never happen.

This is a dive:

9RARq.gif
Oh ok you mean that. The most dangerous move ever imo

Verendus

Banned
Being a heel doesn't mean you have to be a giant pussy though especially if you've got the strap that is supposed to indicate that you're the best of the best. I'm very sure Orton's reigns were over shadowed to the annoyance of many at the tiny but I could be wrong, maybe I'm not remembering clearly.
Orton was given the top slot as a heel, and a centre role. He lost to the guys who mattered like Cena, Batista, Triple H, but was still prominent. That's how it's always been with heels. The initial point was that there were plenty of champions since 2005 who got good booking besides Cena or Triple H since that's what was said, and is obviously wrong, like hyperbole tends to be.

UberTag

Ow my knee
Ow my ribs
Ow my head

I hate how lazy modern catching is on dives, it looks so...shit
While we all love Miz for his mic work, I credit him for being the main offender in leading by example in catching for shit. His dive catches are as garbage as Cena's punches or most of Ambrose's offense.

uso-dive-miz-botch.gif
Miz%2Bdoesnt%2Bcatch%2Bpeople%2B2.gif
rwrv49_zpsu65zmjyn.gif

Verendus

Banned
And what a truly star making win it was.

Coming to think of it all his major title wins are weak.
This was the beginning of WWE's desperation.

They knew Batista was on his way out, Michaels was retiring, Undertaker was a part-timer, and Triple H didn't have long left, and along with the failed Jeff Hardy, Kennedy, and Lashley pushes (for differing reasons), it just had them go in to a desperate rush to elevate some superstars.

The next sign was when Swagger ended up winning the World title. You knew they'd hit a new low.

Barrage

Del Rio and Seamus were both pushed very strong at times. They just never caught on enough with the audience to be perpetually over.

In the "Chickenshit Heel" category, I still say Miz's reign is ahead of Rollins, Edge, Punk, any of those motherfuckers.

Jopie

For months I have been trying to figure out who Sandow reminds me of. I had pretty much convinced myself that it was no one and that I was just losing my mind. Then today it clicked. Rafi from The League has the same mannerisms and appearance.

That should be Sandows next gimmick. A crazy, coke head, gangster, adult film star.

Striker

F'n Hebner screwed Hart on the Raw episode against Rock. Hart shoulda been IC champ

Also pudgy rock had better moveset than Hollywood Rock
There was talk of both Shawn and Hunter backstage trying to have Bret take the IC belt off Rock at this point, but Bret didn't want to because it would hinder Rock. It was around this point both guys were pestering The Rock and were doing dickish things backstage. Mark Henry noted it in his Jericho interview. Both guys are scumbags.

klonere

Banned
For months I have been trying to figure out who Sandow reminds me of. I had pretty much convinced myself that it was no one and that I was just losing my mind. Then today it clicked. Rafi from The League has the same mannerisms and appearance.

That should be Sandows next gimmick. A crazy, coke head, gangster, adult film star.

An even more edgy Val Venis is the most un-PG gimmick possible.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Del Rio and Seamus were both pushed very strong at times. They just never caught on enough with the audience to be perpetually over.

In the "Chickenshit Heel" category, I still say Miz's reign is ahead of Rollins, Edge, Punk, any of those motherfuckers.

Eh, I say Edge > Punk > Miz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rollins

Recall

While we all love Miz for his mic work, I credit him for being the main offender in leading by example in catching for shit. His dive catches are as garbage as Cena's punches or most of Ambrose's offense.

uso-dive-miz-botch.gif
Miz%2Bdoesnt%2Bcatch%2Bpeople%2B2.gif
rwrv49_zpsu65zmjyn.gif

Indies and mainstream, no one can catch.

Verendus

Banned
At least, we'll know tomorrow whether Barack vs. Reigns II is a possibility.

If Lesnar wins clean, we are a go. If he loses, which would most likely be due to someone screwing him over, then the dream match has been ruined due to them heading in a different direction.

BatistaGAF's health depends on the outcome of this match.

At least, we'll know tomorrow whether Barack vs. Reigns II is a possibility.

If Lesnar wins clean, we are a go. If he loses, which would most likely be due to someone screwing him over, then the dream match has been ruined due to them heading in a different direction.

BatistaGAF's health depends on the outcome of this match.

Wrong.

BatistaGAF's health depends on the success of the new Bond.

WWE is supplemental for Batista.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually have no clue who Cena is fighting nor who is winning the main event. I want Kane to win his match as well, but that ain't happening unless Sheamus cashes in, which literally no one wants.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Maybe Batista is fighting Cena. wins with a loaded roll of duct tape. Uses the US title to promote bond while Cena is tied up under the ring for two months getting new music and gear.

Jopie

I actually have no clue who Cena is fighting nor who is winning the main event. I want Kane to win his match as well, but that ain't happening unless Sheamus cashes in, which literally no one wants.

I fully embrace another 24 hour Kane title reign.

klonere

Banned
Friends, rumours are swirling that Luke Harper is in town for HiaC.

Let us hope he brings us to a new era of US Title prestige by beating the fucking shit out of anyone who would dare touch that shiny piece of metal and leather he has been told is very important and must keep with him at all times. The Wyatts need some gold in the stable before Roman hands them another L.

#HarperForChamp

uUBwYzV.gif

The feeling heading into WWE Hell in a Cell tomorrow night is that the event build has been lackluster, however according to F4WOnline.com, based on creative plans for the show, it is expected to be a much better PPV than the build up has been.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight

shanafan

The WWE Holiday Live Tour is coming in my area in December. How are house shows nowadays?

The last one I was at was back in 1991, where main event was Big Boss Man vs. Mr. Perfect in a steel cage.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
they actually have a decent track record with shows with bad builds lately. If you don't expect much then you're not surprised if it sucks and pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

Also what build do you expect?

Undertaker/Brock needs no build. It's their "final match" trapped in a cage. Undertaker is old and cagey, this is his yard, he's the big dog, etc, etc.

Cena is fighting a surprise opponent. You can't really build that.

Kane and Seth have had 3 segments on almost every RAW for three months building this. Just because a person might not like it doesn't mean this hasn't been built up!

Top Bottom