• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Recall

The WWE Holiday Live Tour is coming in my area in December. How are house shows nowadays?

The last one I was at was back in 1991, where main event was Big Boss Man vs. Mr. Perfect in a steel cage.

Last one I saw had Big Show vs Kane in a cage, in 2014.

they actually have a decent track record with shows with bad builds lately. If you don't expect much then you're not surprised if it sucks and pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

Also what build do you expect?

Undertaker/Brock needs no build. It's their "final match" trapped in a cage. Undertaker is old and cagey, this is his yard, he's the big dog, etc, etc.

Cena is fighting a surprise opponent. You can't really build that.

Kane and Seth have had 3 segments on almost every RAW for three months building this. Just because a person might not like it doesn't mean this hasn't been built up!
What's so strange is how there was nothing the the Championship match on raw. They don't even care.

Owen said Mark is probably having a decent dinner and listening to Marvin Gaye lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Austin counts the 1.2,3 for both men and takes the title, challenging brock at Wrestlemania to come get some, ya dumb sum of a bitch.

klonere

Banned
Kane vs Rollins will have a screwy finish.

yeah it will be

as in Kane is going to be screwy in the head when Rollins Pedigrees him 5 times out of spite because he's sick of this shit. Then he goes on a ruthless run till Mania destroying all and sundry, threatening to kill people like he did with Edge, until Romanga Reigns knocks the crap out of him in the main event and everyone goes CAH RAZY.

book it friends

Man God

Non-Canon Member
yeah it will be

as in Kane is going to be screwy in the head when Rollins Pedigrees him 5 times out of spite because he's sick of this shit. Then he goes on a ruthless run till Mania destroying all and sundry, threatening to kill people like he did with Edge, until Romanga Reigns knocks the crap out of him in the main event and everyone goes CAH RAZY.

book it friends

some solid booking there, friend.

DMczaf

I can't wait for the markout moment in GWF when OUR music hits

WE-WE-WE-WE-WERE TAKING OVER

4 lyfe

nwo-hall-hogan-nash-620x350.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Another fun fact of the New Generation era: The Rocky sucks and Die Rocky Die justification the Rock gives for turning heel is largely false. He is a semi tepid blue chipper babyface who wins his first SS match, gets the IC belt a few months later, defends it regularly to an ok response, gets injured, turns heel.

It did make for the best sound clips in Warzone though!

UberTag

yeah it will be

book it friends
some solid booking there, friend.
Two dozen writers kowtowing to the whims of Vince will come up with something far worse than the above scenario.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

He also says similar things in late 1996 as he's starting to become whiny heel Bret and is instead whiny face Bret.

Million Dollar man starts off 1996 by saying he spent all of 1995 looking for his million dollar champ and brings out the ringmaster. Funny because of how true it is, few things (Mabel) are worse about 1995 than the final days of the Million Dollar Corporation.

UberTag

There were so many LEGIT SHOOK moments between late 96 and late 97. You never knew what was a shoot and what was a work.

FRUSTRATED ISNT A GOD DAMN WORD FOR IT

Me at 13 - *shook*
Now that's what I call a "go home" show. It was an absolute trip following the WWE back then as all of these angles played out. These men all wanted to kill each other for logical reasons (none of which had anything to do with buttering up "the WWE universe" or placating some authority figure) and it was glorious.

DMczaf

Now that's what I call a "go home" show. It was an absolute trip following the WWE back then as all of these angles played out. These men all wanted to kill each other for logical reasons (none of which had anything to do with buttering up "the WWE universe" or placating some authority figure) and it was glorious.

Look how pissed Bret was about not winning the WWE title.

Does anyone care that much about ANYTHING in WWE today?

Man God

Non-Canon Member

That is basically the core tenant of the Bill Watts/JR style of booking. No real top star, a bunch of equals feuding over the title. It's a great way to get some shit started that's for sure, but in the end someone will emerge as the top dog.

Rollins and his statue, he nearly killed STANG over it.

Cena getting clowned by J-stew as well. He was getting hot over it.

New Generation era stone cold would get that pissed if you coughed though.

He also says similar things in late 1996 as he's starting to become whiny heel Bret and is instead whiny face Bret.

Million Dollar man starts off 1996 by saying he spent all of 1995 looking for his million dollar champ and brings out the ringmaster. Funny because of how true it is, few things (Mabel) are worse about 1995 than the final days of the Million Dollar Corporation.
Explain that last part a little bit more.

Recall

Roman "You kidnapped my daughter? let me stroll to the ring before I punch you because running is for losers" Reigns

As for Bret The montreal screw job was the perfect conclusion to a crazy year, what else could they have ever done. Bret was always awesome

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Explain that last part a little bit more.

You've got heel Tatanka, cold as ice. The final days of IRS, one of the most boring in ring competitors ever in the WWF. You've got Bam-Bam who turns face, Sid who has some awful matches with Diesel, and the remnants of Nicholi Volkoff and King Kong Bundy. Oh and the SUPREME FIGHTING MACHINE KAMA. They primarily continue their feud with the Undertaker, taking a short break to fuck with Diesel. None of the matches are any good and The Million Dollar Man himself looks bored half the time. At the very end of the year he starts talking up Austin, aka the Ring Master, as the next Million Dollar Champion and the true generational star he spent all of 1995 looking for...which ends up being absolutely true!

DMczaf

I'm just imagining if Pillman lived and stayed with WWE through the Ruthless Aggression era. Dude would have been crazy money.

And then seeing TV-PG Era Pillman...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm just imagining if Pillman lived and stayed with WWE through the Ruthless Aggression era. Dude would have been crazy money.

I mean, you basically get that for a few months in 1996. It's him being crazy and only using regular tv swears.

Another fun fact of the New Generation era: The Rocky sucks and Die Rocky Die justification the Rock gives for turning heel is largely false. He is a semi tepid blue chipper babyface who wins his first SS match, gets the IC belt a few months later, defends it regularly to an ok response, gets injured, turns heel.

It did make for the best sound clips in Warzone though!

Well yeah but he decided, "Hey, they hated me first, fuck them. I'd rather be at the top then fight for the people."
The Rock made The Hurricane look like he deserved to be in the ring with him and maybe elevated Helms a bit, then he got killed by Triple H.
Because he believed in making people better. Hunter though os a different story. Hollywood Rock was excellent. Also remember him putting making others look good.

Slipknot's Corey Taylor helped Samoa Joe beat Baron Corbin at the Sacramento Aftershock festival today

I hope I die before I ever have to type a sentence half that embarrassing again

Recall

He would have returned to WCW by 1998, had a random few weeks with ECW in 2000. Had a few spots on a 2006 Raw and then would be a road agent for WWE.

WWE had no clue what to do with Pillman.

You've got heel Tatanka, cold as ice. The final days of IRS, one of the most boring in ring competitors ever in the WWF. You've got Bam-Bam who turns face, Sid who has some awful matches with Diesel, and the remnants of Nicholi Volkoff and King Kong Bundy. Oh and the SUPREME FIGHTING MACHINE KAMA. They primarily continue their feud with the Undertaker, taking a short break to fuck with Diesel. None of the matches are any good and The Million Dollar Man himself looks bored half the time. At the very end of the year he starts talking up Austin, aka the Ring Master, as the next Million Dollar Champion and the true generational star he spent all of 1995 looking for...which ends up being absolutely true!
Okay, I gotcha now. I was reading that like whaaaaat?

I like how Ted endorsed Taker then continued to try and fuck him over years after lol. It's nice when history is in the booking instead of random shit.

klonere

Banned
Roman "You kidnapped my daughter? let me stroll to the ring before I punch you because running is for losers" Reigns

As for Bret The montreal screw job was the perfect conclusion to a crazy year, what else could they have ever done. Bret was always awesome

Roman "you threatened my daughter so lets talk it out in the ring here while I'm outnumbered" Reigns

fire all the writers

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He would have returned to WCW by 1998, had a random few weeks with ECW in 2000. Had a few spots on a 2006 Raw and then would be a road agent for WWE.

WWE had no clue what to do with Pillman.

There is literally no way WCW rehires him. He was Lex Luger going back to WWF level persona non grata for his contract shenanigans.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pillman is literally perfect as the fourth man in the hart foundation. He hates Austin, he owes a lot to the Hart family, he's crazy, he hates Austin.

Bret made others look like stars, he co-operated with them and then we have HBK and HHH selfish as ever.
See Shawn would make you look good but he wasn't going to give you the victory lol.

I was laughing at how they wanted Davey to go over in his home town and shawn was like no no no, listen to me let's have you lose so they can really hate me then you'll win later.

Guess what never happened.

Lmfao!

shaowebb

And what a truly star making win it was.

Coming to think of it all his major title wins are weak.

Kinda looks like a botch there when Sheamus gets up next to a table thats been kicked onto its side without breaking outside the ring. Like BOTH men were meant to go through a table with Cena inside and Sheamus goin through the one outside to stir the pot. Instead of controversy though it ended with Sheamus getting a clean win.

Top Bottom