• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

I have a feeling that Cena losing the US Title to somebody is going to be the big takeaway from HiaC, not Brock/Taker or the title match. It's a decent mini-push for SOMEBODY, at the very least, even if it's just for a few months.

Are there any rumors about who Cena is supposed to face? I'd say go with Dean, honestly. He's still over with the crowd, and Cena laying down for him would do alot of the damage that's been done to him in the last year. If they're maybe looking to do a Shield Triple Threat at Wrestlemania for the title (and I suspect the random Shield reunion was something of a tease for that), then it'd also be a good thing to build Dean leading into Wrestlemania season, even if the ultimate finale of the push is obviously Cena returning and beating Dean in an open challenge.

Cena is not losing the title. It's a 6week vacation it's not that long. Plus the title means more with Cena than someone else.

I doubt they're going to have the title off the show for two months. They need someone to defend it at House Shows and shit, as I'm pretty sure that that's what they've often used to main event the Cena-headlined house shows.

I doubt they're going to have the title off the show for two months. They need someone to defend it at House Shows and shit, as I'm pretty sure that that's what they've often used to main event the Cena-headlined house shows.

Helllll no

I don't think the U.S. Title not being on the show as a great loss.(I would say this about all the titles in wwe to be honest ) the performers mean more than the title.

They have no long term vision for this title, some random dude showing up and beating Cena would be lame(unless it's sow one from NXT).

"He only hangs out with main eventers. He's never been one!"

Then the entire 00's he runs train through everyone.
With the help of Stepharonie McMahon. But he really owes his entire career to Shawn because I'm sure he got him out of the dog house for The MSG event. And we know that of Shawn didn't leave, Austin wasn't getting hurt, and The Rock trying to break into Hollywood he would've been a B- player at best.

I wonder how would Owen had panned out if he were still alive. I say that because it was always said that Owen was supposed to be The Game.

klonere

Banned
I don't think the U.S. Title not being on the show as a great loss.(I would say this about all the titles in wwe to be honest ) the performers mean more than the title.

They have no long term vision for this title, some random dude showing up and beating Cena would be lame(unless it's sow one from NXT).

You know unless they really had something strong in mind for the winner of the belt, I'd be okay with keeping it on Cena while he's away.

Even though that would be super super boring, they've done p good with building the belt and to throw that away on say...Ziggler, would be terrible.

How I'm the fuck the they allow D'Lo to even Continue to do that Power bomb. That shit was dangerous, if you look at how the opponent was always angled, it wasn't secure as others.

Also in No Mercy the menu music was The Rock's theme that was only used once

Xsoo8CS.jpg

Oersted

There is some potential in dropping it to a heel. Title picture is, more or less, dominated with with heels. Cena is the only face with a title.

When Cena wins the title inevitable back, breaking Flairs record, he could get some huge pop by defeating a heel. Alternatively do it by proxy. Cena loses to face, face loses to heel, Cena saves the day.

My theory is: Ambrose wins Open Challenge, Barrett defeats him (they suspiciously built him up lately), Super Cena murders him.

Alternative: Big Show...

There were so many LEGIT SHOOK moments between late 96 and late 97. You never knew what was a shoot and what was a work.

FRUSTRATED ISNT A GOD DAMN WORD FOR IT

Me at 13 - *shook*

I was a little older in 1997 but yeah that promo is one I still remember over 18 years later.

Well yeah but he decided, "Hey, they hated me first, fuck them. I'd rather be at the top then fight for the people."

Because he believed in making people better. Hunter though os a different story. Hollywood Rock was excellent. Also remember him putting making others look good.

He did and it's why I'll never hate on The Rock dude was always willing to put people over.

DMczaf

The Rock is a professional and understands This Business.

So do people who make sure to catch motherfuckers who are risking their bodies for This Business.

#ProfessionalSaturday

I was a little older in 1997 but yeah that promo is one I still remember over 18 years later.

He did and it's why I'll never hate on The Rock dude was always willing to put people over.
He was humble he learned to be that way. If you're like that then people will love to work with you.

Guess who's got a god damn girlfriend now? I haven't watched RAW all the way through in like 3 months, I'm pretty sure those things are related.

First I was a B+ Player

BrouM.gif

But now I'm a main eventer

tumblr_mdrs7autUl1r6jhq9o14_r2_400.gif

Congrats, Freck.

But I recently broke up with a girl who could be described as a "crazy chick," so I hope the use of AJ in those gifs isn't too metaphorical for you.

seth's title run has been very fnp

Seth can do no wrong. He's been carrying this company on his god damn back.

While we all love Miz for his mic work, I credit him for being the main offender in leading by example in catching for shit. His dive catches are as garbage as Cena's punches or most of Ambrose's offense.

uso-dive-miz-botch.gif
Miz%2Bdoesnt%2Bcatch%2Bpeople%2B2.gif
rwrv49_zpsu65zmjyn.gif

All you did was remind me that Miz was the one that got rid of Uce and Truth for a little while and made me appreciate Miz even more.

Rollins is clearly king and god of chickenshit heels.

Rollins is a more entertaining and overall more talented better version of what Edge was trying to be.

Masato Tanaka has a stunning catching technique.

UJaGYVo.jpg

I can see who taught Mizato how to catch

Literally

Friends, rumours are swirling that Luke Harper is in town for HiaC.

Let us hope he brings us to a new era of US Title prestige by beating the fucking shit out of anyone who would dare touch that shiny piece of metal and leather he has been told is very important and must keep with him at all times. The Wyatts need some gold in the stable before Roman hands them another L.

#HarperForChamp

uUBwYzV.gif

Harper is truly the most underused talent. He's a fuckin' beast and has a great look. But since he has zero character and is basically Letherface without the mask. He's just intimidating as all hell. #YEAHYEAHYEAHMovement

Kane vs Rollins will have a screwy finish.

Seriously? When was the last time we've had a screwy finish?

WWE had no clue what to do with Pillman.

That shows with how they treat Ambrose

Holy shit I just realized who the perfect new US champ could be.

storm-new_1865392a.jpg

Not the champion of MY united states of America, friend.

Cena is not losing the title. It's a 6week vacation it's not that long. Plus the title means more with Cena than someone else.

Cena taking six weeks off to put Nikki
's
over
ies to work

12027159_900570620031908_2196767023010377696_o.jpg

http://www.prowrestlingcrate.com/

I don't know who asked for this.

My crate no showed.

Know what can save the WWE?

The Sprock!

It's only logical.

Our ratings have hit a new low

Alex Wright's dancing is on point.

Konnan is an abomination.

You like a German and hate a minority? What would you like to tell us Zahrach?

Where is everybody?

They're gone...
maria_act.gif

Lothar

Banned
I still trying to figure out wtf was the point of dude love

Mankind wanted to be Stone Cold's tag team partner in 1997 but he wasn't cool enough. So he had to become Dude Love. Dude Love was the only person in the locker room that was hip enough to get Austin's respect.

But what happened between you two that you had to end it, if you don't mind my asking?

Well I pretty much felt like the relationship had run its course. There wasn't anything dramatic that led to the decision, but after I broke up with her she, uh, did not take that well, to say the least.

Well I pretty much felt like the relationship had run its course. There wasn't anything dramatic that led to the decision, but after I broke up with her she, uh, did not take that well, to say the least.

After being with a King, where else is there but down? surely this mindset is what made her distraught.

Top Bottom