• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Wrong
tumblr_nociioRBCo1s82sh6o1_400.gif
I have to admit I wish Lee was still alive in the 80's, 90's to have a movie with them both in it.

Kane vs Taker is so good. Straight out of lucha underground
2 cold Scorpio is the Neville of 98
Shame we never got Dan severen vs Brock.
Austin and dude love (with Vince) is great

DX is Garbage

UberTag

Was there a time when DX wasn't garbage?
Like, maybe, in its original incarnation pre-Shawn departure with Triple H, Chyna and Ravishing Rick Rude.
But that's really about it, right?

I mean, future members would include The New Age Outlaws, X-Pac, Kane, Tori and Hornswoggle. That's hardly an illustrious group.

Menome

My prediction for tonight:

Tyler Breeze gets the U.S belt.

Undertaker wins screwy.

Rollins wins clean despite interference from Undertaker.

Sheamus cashes in, but loses because they want Seth looking unbeatable before they have HHH take the title off him.

UberTag

I sort of hope they're deliberately keeping J&J Security out of sight just to have them run out and deliberately get Seth disqualified in the event of a launched cash-in attempt by Sheamus.

I mean, that would be such a smart heelish thing of Seth to do and it's not like they're exactly fresh in anyone's mind right now.

Recall

Canadian Stampede is still the quintessential WWF PPV of 1997. It had everything you could possibly want from both quality athletic matches to hatred fuelled battles, did anything else in 1997 produce something as awesome as this show?

I guess apart from One Night Only which had it all too.

Recall

Hasney was talking a big game about Day of Reckoning 2 and as I hadn't played it in 10 years so I got the 'Cube out of storage and I must say the game holds up incredibly well visually and it is indeed a lot of fun to play. Crazy how I didn't appreciate it much at the time.

UberTag

It's better than slapping (heh) it on Dolph, Kofi, or some other retread.
I don't think letting Kofi win it is so bad.
Gives New Day a title to juggle while the Dudleys get their "thanks for coming back, hold the penny belts for a couple months" stint.

Also, I don't give a rat's ass about Alberto returning if Ricardo isn't coming back with him.

20140730-Ricardo_642.jpg

KingBroly

Banned
A wild
Kurt Angle
has appeared in Los Angeles!

Never gonna happen, though. I'd love for him to challenge for the US Title though. Just to hear that theme again.

Vylash

Gives New Day a title to juggle while the Dudleys get their "thanks for coming back, hold the penny belts for a couple months" stint.

Also, I don't give a rat's ass about Alberto returning if Ricardo isn't coming back with him.

20140730-Ricardo_642.jpg
new day defending the title under the freebird rule will be great

KingBroly

Banned
So who is Owens going to feud with after he beats Ryback for the IC Title again?

Right now, I have it as...
Rollins will defend against Reigns

Owens will defend against ??? (Maybe Daniel Bryan)

US Champ will defend against ???

The New Day will defend against The Usos

Nikki Bella will defend against Charlotte (LOL)

UberTag

A wild
Kurt Angle

Never gonna happen, though. I'd love for him to challenge for the US Title though. Just to hear that theme again.
That's the one name I would legit mark out over.
More so than just about anyone else.
Nostalgia pandering, be damned.

Hex

Banned
So Metzer thinks it will be Samoa Joe to answer Cena? Right after he just started a program with Balor?
He is full of shit.

Gonzalez

Banned
I'm surprised Vince hasn't signed Dario Cueto yet just to stick it to Lucha Underground.

So Metzer thinks it will be Samoa Joe to answer Cena? Right after he just started a program with Balor?
He is full of shit.

Hasn't every recent NXT call up hadn't completed, or just started a program in NXT?

Hex

Banned
A wild
Kurt Angle

I will make you a deal, you can have Angle-dow with the theme and everything just do the whole nostalgia thing can be done with.
Angle is a nutjob now who needs to stay far confined in his TNA cel.

Striker

I don't think they'll juggle two feuds for the New Day. If so, it'll be set up where you get more fucking six man tags. No thanks. And he's a 12 time champion when you combine US, IC, and tag. That's almost surreal considering his career.

I don't think it matters who it is on anyway if they don't induct a relevant story into it.

E:

Best thing about WWE 2K will be the Bret-Austin showcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz9l4FzljxA - of course the blood part, unless it's permitted in the showcase. Past games forced you to turn it on

Hex

Banned
I'm surprised Vince hasn't signed Dario Cueto yet just to stick it to Lucha Underground.

Hasn't every recent NXT call up hadn't completed, or just started a program in NXT?

Usually at the tail end.
Owens was in the middle, had already taken out Zayne and had the title match with Balor set.
Neville cleanly finished all of his.
The women had pretty much finished their programs or had their last matches set.
Breeze had nothing going on.
Joe JUST started a program I mean has not even had a match or an interview explaining himself yet.

Ithil

He is full of shit.

The identity of John Cena's mystery opponent at the Hell in the Cell pay-per-view tonight is still unknown.

While we don't know the identity, names such as Tyler Breeze, Samoa Joe and James Storm were all denied to us from different sources last night, either by people within the company or those would have knowledge of the goings-on.

Joe was in Sacramento on Saturday for the NXT shows, working the afternoon show in beating Baron Corbin. He did not work the Saturday night show.

In Los Angeles the last few days, Joe's name was rumored, but it seemed unlikely because he was working the NXT shows, although Sacramento is a short flight.

Because Breeze just debuted, and a Breeze vs. Dolph Ziggler program has already been set up, his name was speculated on.

Seems like the opposite of what you said.

Hex

Banned
Seems like the opposite of what you said.

I was going off of
Dave Meltzer made the following predictions on the latest installment of Wrestling Observer Radio for Sunday's Hell in a Cell event:

- Samoa Joe is rumored to answer John Cena's United States Open Challenge. If Joe isn't involved with the NXT meet and greets on Sunday in Sacramento, there's a greater chance he'll be on the PPV. He can also see Tyler Breeze challenging Cena if Joe isn't working an NXT event.

I am glad it is not Joe.
Though of course that means that it could still be Big Slow.
Now, people are also saying that Harper is in town, so maybe Cena retains over Harper and Stroman and Harper put him out?
Or maybe Dean vs Cena and then Stroman and Harper come out and get involved?

hamchan

It'll be no one. No one wants to face Cena and lose just for the chance at the US title. Cena has finally beaten everyone. He decides to take the belt with him to his home planet.

UberTag

Whomever it winds up being, I hope the WWE false trolls a bunch of other possibilities before the final reveal.

So cue up the entrance themes of Tyler Breeze, Daniel Bryan, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Carlito, Shelton Benjamin, James Storm, Jeff Hardy, Alberto Del Rio... and whomever else...
THEN give us The Big Show.

Hex

Banned
Only one would make me mark out like crazy, and that would be Alberto.
Pretty much anything else would be a let down.
I still for some reason suspect Orton.

Well, it looks like they're getting another 9.99 out of me.

Hey everybody, I haven't really been keeping up with the product since Summerslam. Fourth Storm here for those who don't know me. Thanks to the community for providing this lurker more entertainment than the "E" itself.

Aiii

So not worth it
As bad as WWE has gotten, the Network is always worth it at this price point. Especially with Breaking Ground debuting, table for three, NXT, Nitro's, Stone Cold podcast's, Unfiltered and WWE 24.

So much fun stuff to watch.

Top Bottom