• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Vader's one of the wrestlers I want to meet before I die.

Just read that he was previously in a coma for 33 days. Scary stuff, friends.

Edit: I hope all is well with Cena.

Cena possibly gone before the US open challenge can begin? But who's gonna job out my favorite wrestlers in very predictable matches?!?!!!

Ithil

WWE U.S. Champion John Cena will be taking time off from wrestling shortly for what the WWE has described as personal reasons.

While we don't know the exact time frame that he will be gone, the 38-year-old Cena isn't advertised on anything after the Hell in a Cell PPV special in late-October starting with the next night's RAW in San Diego, CA. As of now, he is being advertised for their December shows.

As part of the time off, WWE officials have confirmed he will not be appearing on any dates during the company's upcoming 10-day European tour that will see them do shows in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, and Germany.

Cena recently regained the U.S. title from WWE World Champion Seth Rollins at WWE Night Of Champions, and is set to face Rollins in a steel cage match for the title this Saturday at the Madison Square Garden show on WWE Network.
So family trouble or movie? I feel like they'd just say if it was the latter.

DMczaf

Street Fighter 5 introducing rest spots?

CQRv1mXVAAUUUI5.jpg:large

Anth0ny

Triple H on the NXT panel:

"As much as I'm a fan of all of NXT, there are some things that the fans go crazy for and I'm like 'I don't get it!? But okay, that's where we'll go!' I'm 46, I'm like ... 'Phew, that doesn't work to me but God bless 'em, let them go.'"

he's like the anti-vince

DMczaf

"As much as I'm a fan of all of NXT, there are some things that the fans go crazy for and I'm like 'I don't get it!? But okay, that's where we'll go!' I'm 46, I'm like ... 'Phew, that doesn't work to me but God bless 'em, let them go.'"

he's like the anti-vince

Triple H makes so much sense when he speaks about NXT, yet he's always involved in the dumbest storylines on Raw now.

Did he just completely clock out of WWE at this point and just shows up, recites his lines and heads back to the NXT Zone?

Triple H makes so much sense when he speaks about NXT, yet he's always involved in the dumbest storylines on Raw now.

Did he just completely clock out of WWE at this point and just shows up, recites his lines and heads back to the NXT Zone?

This is absolutely the case.

he's like the anti-vince
Probably Blue Pants, and Bull's fatness.

I wonder how much pull Triple H has with the direction of his week to week RAW storyline or if even he has to just sit back and go along with Vince's dumb ideas most of the time.

Outside of burying Sting at wrestlemania he doesnt really seem himself most of the time. Like you said... just arrive... read the same old script and leave and repeat next monday

Triple H talked before about how what they're doing on NXT probably wouldn't fly on a mainstream program so I wouldn't be surprised if trying to follow Vince's model on Raw.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Triple H talked before about how what they're doing on NXT probably wouldn't fly on a mainstream program so I wouldn't be surprised if trying to follow Vince's model on Raw.

Because what's on mainstream is ratings gold right?

Because what's on mainstream is ratings gold right?

Triple H just playing the game.

Got to suck up to the boss before you take his job.

But yeah... RAW under his creative control wont just be NXT for 3 hours but a lot of the changes they have in NXT are basically just good old wrestling logic that RAW has lost in the last decade.

Feuds and storylines that build over time and have a payoff. Wins and losses mean stuff. Giving a shit about the womens division outside of a twitter hashtag. That stuff seems like it would come over.

he's like the anti-vince

He doesn't understand Ironic Cult Cheering. That's fine.

Browny

Banned
Alright...my friendths. Let'sth play ahmchayaah bookah, ala Duddy Road.

Book a supershow. All feds. Only current. You can bring someone out of retirement if you wish but they operate at their retired level (meaning you're not gonna get something very great out of them)

Ten match limit.

"Welcome fans to Corpus Christi, Texas - to New GAF Rising! I'm your host Tony Schiavone, here with Jerry "The King" Lawler and the Living Schill Merchant, Don West. Tonight, you will see some of the greatest action from the biggest names in our illustrious sport!"

"First, our opening bout - it's a clusterfuck where we try and get as many people a payday as possible. It will be The Big Show Big Nasty Bastard Paul Wight Battle Royale, featuring a bunch of people who we'd like to keep happy, and one person who will get a small short-lived push to the lower mid-card."

"Next up, some tag team action to raise the tempo. It will be The Young Schmucks vs The Hardy Boys (post rehab) vs The Motorcity Machineguns reuniting for one night only vs The Lucha Dragons - and I've heard a rumour that playing the role of Sin Cara will be none other than - Ricochet!!"

"A one-on-one match-up for one of the most prestigious belts in the world today. It's going to be John Cena vs Hiroshi Tanahashi in a "I Can't Lose" match for the NJPW World Hea.... Oh wait - my bad, I've mixed up my abbreviations. It's actually for the JAPW Heavyweight Championship - that New Jersey bit always gets me."

"This feud hasn't shown any signs of slowing down in recent weeks, and they're going to settle it tonight - in a steel cage. And I mean an old rickety blue steel cage from the early 90's. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose will fight to a finish tonight."

"An eagerly anticipated contest next, as we try and find out who can actually uppercut a man's face off. It will be Antonio Cesaro vs Steven Regal vs Randy Orton."

"I've been looking forward to this next one for a long time now. It's the Money In The Bank World Hoss Invitational, featuring Vader, Kevin Owens, Tomohiro Ishii, Big E Langston, Michael Elgin (NJPW Edition), Rusev, Chris "Kamala" Hero, Vladimir Koslov, King Kong Bundy, JBL, Dave Mastiff and the ghost of Bam Bam Bigelow. One hoss will rise above all others and slowly climb a ladder not entirely guaranteed to hold their weight and girth."

"Next up on the card - it's an Iron Man Submission match, as Daniel Bryan goes up against Zack Sabre Jr. 60 minutes of the finest wrestling available, followed by the inevitable surgery and retirement of one man and his beard."

"An Icons match next - each of these men is the standard bearer for their respective promotions, and they will all meet to see who is booked the strongest. The Phenom The Undertaker, Surfer Sting, The Great Muta and Double MMA Jeff Jarrett face off to find out who still has all the stroke."

"Now some people would call this a bathroom break, but you might want to be poopsocking this match - as Kana faces off against Becky Lynch for the Women's Title. We're not sure which women's title - but you can guarantee it's not that shitty butterfly Divas belt."

"And your main event - well, it's been brewing for the last 12 months, and tonight we finally get to find out who is the best. 6 Pack challenge - Kazuchika Okada, Finn Balor, Mil Muertes, Roman Reigns, Go Shiozaki and Apollo Crews"

"This truly will be the greatest night in the history of our sport!"

I really wanted to do a Money Money Money In The Bank match with Okada, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase, Shane McMahon, EZ Money, Alberto Del Rio, MVP and Hunter Hearst Helmsley, but I was in a hoss mood.

klonere

Banned
Do you think if Yukes could take 2 years off releasing a WWE game, they would be able to release a good wrestling video game with that longer dev period.

imBask

Banned
Do you think if Yukes could take 2 years off releasing a WWE game, they would be able to release a good wrestling video game with that longer dev period.

why would they do that? people buy it anyway! some people IN THIS THREAD probably bought it

Bandini

So who's in the Balor Club?

Not I, the more I see of him the less impressed I am. Dude is OK from a technical standpoint but I just can't connect with him in the ring. His spots are kinda lame too, Pele kick looks terrible in particular. He's also a bad promo.

He does have the look, when he's not dressing up like a bad cosplay Predator.

klonere

Banned
Not I, the more I see of him the less impressed I am. Dude is OK from a technical standpoint but I just can't connect with him in the ring. His spots are kinda lame too, Pele kick looks terrible in particular.

He does have the look, when he's not dressing up like a bad cosplay Predator.

It's weird, NXT Balor was the first I saw of him so I had to go back and watch his NJPW stuff which is leaps and bounds better than anything he's done in NXT so far.

I'm not sure why he's holding back so much - he hasn't managed to mold his old style into what the WWE demands. Either they are really holding him back from going all out because they are playing a super long game with him (kinda like they are holding Apollo's spots back) or he's just not felt the need to bust out the full arsenal yet.

His last new spot that he added was the dropkick into the turnbuckles and that was when Itami was still around! (The weird modified Bloody Sunday doesn't count cos he only did that once at the Japan show).

Top Bottom