• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Do you think if Yukes could take 2 years off releasing a WWE game, they would be able to release a good wrestling video game with that longer dev period.

No because they have no idea that they're doing it wrong. The presentation would get a boost (maybe) but that's it.

Fox318

JHWXLq5.jpg

OHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!
Matt has never locked his keys in his car.

Savitar

Cena taking time off for personal reasons:

WWE U.S. Champion John Cena will be taking time off from wrestling shortly for what the WWE has described as personal reasons.

While we don't know the exact time frame that he will be gone, the 38-year-old Cena isn't advertised on anything after the Hell in a Cell PPV special in late-October starting with the next night's RAW in San Diego, CA. As of now, he is being advertised for their December shows.

As part of the time off, WWE officials have confirmed he will not be appearing on any dates during the company's upcoming 10-day European tour that will see them do shows in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, and Germany.

Cena recently regained the U.S. title from WWE World Champion Seth Rollins at WWE Night Of Champions, and is set to face Rollins in a steel cage match for the title this Saturday at the Madison Square Garden show on WWE Network.

Ithil

Triple H talked before about how what they're doing on NXT probably wouldn't fly on a mainstream program so I wouldn't be surprised if trying to follow Vince's model on Raw.

He said there's some aspects that wouldn't. The super crowd interaction gimmicks or heavy references to pre-WWE careers wouldn't work on the main roster. The changing crowds every week wouldn't allow the same level of familiarity to let a Blue Pants type thing happen.

But there's nothing about the basic fundamentals they use that isn't mainstream.

Hex

Banned
PPV with Lesnar. Zero hype.

It doesn't help that you have not seen Taker or Brock in weeks at least, and they are wasting time trying to hype Brock vs Show which is just stupid all over the place.
The only entertainment value of it will be to see Brock beast mode and ragdoll Show and hope that he does not hurt himself doing it.
I will will be damned if Rollins and Kane are not doing their best trying to make the card worth something and turning what should by all rights be a complete garbage program with Rollins and Kane on paper into something that will be fun.
I am sure everyone is looking forward to more Ziggler and Rusev or more Stardust vs Neville.

Bronx-Man

Banned
When you think about it, WWE predicted Donald Trump's political career years ago with Zeb Colter. Kinda amazing for a company that references pop culture at a glacial pace.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"I've been looking forward to this next one for a long time now. It's the Money In The Bank World Hoss Invitational, featuring Vader, Kevin Owens, Tomohiro Ishii, Big E Langston, Michael Elgin (NJPW Edition), Rusev, Chris "Umaga" Hero, Vladimir Koslov, King Kong Bundy, JBL, Dave Mastiff and the ghost of Bam Bam Bigelow. One hoss will rise above all others and slowly climb a ladder not entirely guaranteed to hold their weight and girth."

I'd spend a lot of money to see a MITB World Hoss Invitational. Find out the King of Supreme Fatness.

Aiii

So not worth it
So it's hard for me the gauge, but am I right when I assume Trump is like Geert Wilders, a loud mouthed idiot that never gets elected but has a following of equal idiots that buy into fear mongering and nonsense "solutions" that would never work in real life?

I mean, he's not actually going to become the President, right?

klonere

Banned
So it's hard for me the gauge, but am I right when I assume Donald "We have stupid people" Trump is like Geert Wilders, a loud mouthed idiot that never gets elected but has a following of equal idiots that buy into fear mongering and nonsense "solutions" that would never work in real life?

...never say never.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So it's hard for me the gauge, but am I right when I assume Trump is like Geert Wilders, a loud mouthed idiot that never gets elected but has a following of equal idiots that buy into fear mongering and nonsense "solutions" that would never work in real life?

I have no idea, but the name Geert is fucking funny as a bag of dicks.

Trump'll get it. Star power influences voters more than policy

Fox318

PPV with Lesnar. Zero hype.

I think the problem was is that they tried to build it up as a PPV.

Why is Lesnar facing Paul White?

People want to see a squash match so why not give it to somebody else?

Why not Mark Henry? Why not make lesnar beat 2 guys in a handicap match?

Or why not provide a cool matchup based their amature career and mat wrestling?

Ziggler - Lesnar
Swagger - Lesnar

Bandini

It's going to be really hard for any Republican to get to 270, probably impossible for Trump unless there is massive meltdown on the Democratic side in the days leading up to the election.

Oersted

Different political systems, Trump would gain power in a parliamentary democracy.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have no idea, but the name Geert is fucking funny as a bag of dicks.

Trump'll get it. Star power influences voters more than policy

ee is pronounced like the a in gay.

Coincidentally, so is Steen, which is the Dutch word for rock... further proving just how much of a Rock-mark Kevin Owens really is.

Fox318

Right now its still too early to say who could be the nom. Trump is taking advantage of 2 things right now :

• A media system that cares more for ratings and controversy than issues and debate.
  • A political party that has demonized Washington to the point that everyone is elected or has served at any level is corrupted and not worthy of serving the people

klonere

Banned
Trump equals huge ratings in those debates which is far more important than actually being a competent leader in any capacity.

Bandini

If Florida goes to the Democrats the election is basically over. If Trump does get the Republican nomination, he's going to have a huge uphill climb when it comes to the increasing Latino demographic. Even more so than another Republican would, just based on his racist remarks. Latino turnout in 2012 was huge, I would expect the same in 2016.

Fox318

Trump equals huge ratings in those debates which is far more important than actually being a competent leader in any capacity.

Key is these are still early debates.

Expect some people to start dropping out soon

John Kasich
Bobby Jindal
George Pataki
and Rand Paul will probably be dropping out soon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope we never talk about politics in here ever again. I wanna take a hard stance on this moreso than anything else. It ruins friendships.

Fox318

irrationality about politics*

Religion and Mario Party are undeniable though

agreed.

Discussions of politics can be good but people get crazy where they draw the line sometimes. Plus with the introduction of conservative news you can either be right or wrong.

Whereas most problems probably have solutions in the middle.

I played Mario Party one time.
It ended with my friend kicking me in the back for getting a bonus star. I don't even think I won.

Never again.

Aiii

So not worth it
Real talk: The internet turned me off from participating in any politics anytime.

I do vote, but I vote blank just because I feel it's disrespectful to not vote at all.

Also, the internet has made me believe 90% of the world are racist fucktwats and avoiding political discussion improves my view of humanity tenfold.

imBask

Banned
Mario Kart has lots of bullshit but you can generally win if you're good enough

I lost a Mario Party game because the last mini-game on a 50/50 "pull a random rope" game

Fox318

Whatever about Vince, TNA would 100% have Finn doing some Irish dancing gimmick. Or a drinking gimmick. Something like that.

TNA would have had Prince Devitt come in and form a tag team with Gradeo taking on The Wolves in a dead fetus on a pole match.

Top Bottom