• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

CSNg3guUEAAAR9t.jpg

Replace Greg Valentine with the ringmaster

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Was at the show and it was better than expected. Lots of support for Reigns. Crowd was hot on the camera side.

Rollins match was among the most quiet for crowd reactions besides the last two minutes or so after the both announcers table.

Del Rio, Cesaro, Taker, lesnar, Reigns, New Day, and Cena all had big reactions.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how literally 20 seconds after the event ends they're running shoot reality shows, but somehow that Lana/Rusev thing was enough to ruin an entire angle.

Also, yes, Corbin you need to work on your abs.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm just done with Rollins as Champion. He's terrible. Them suddenly realizing they're booking him like complete shit and flipping a switch won't help when he's facing people fans don't give two shits about. He needs to drop the Title. He's held onto for it too long and he needs to be turned face again.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That was a completely trash PPV even with an amusing end to set up Survivor Series.

Verendus

Banned
Friends, today we saw Cena lose to a jobber in a five minute match. I'm no Cena fan, but I feel this was a real travesty. It was bad enough they had him lose to Kevin Owens, but now he's losing to random jobbers no one ever gave a crap about. What is going on here?

They need to keep him looking strong so he can job to Reigns in a meaningful way in the future. I feel Vincent Kennedy is losing sight of the bigger picture here.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Imagine the ending to HIAC if Bray and the Wyatts had been off TV since Bray lost to Undertaker at WM and the Reapers fell apart"? And he showed up out of nowhere to get his vengeance? And he didn't have months of losses to anyone except Dean Ambrose and he had this extra Mastodon with him?

You see what I mean about restraint?

Zach

Any grade for the PPV?

I give it a
C
No grade until I reach the event in my chronological viewings. ETA: June 2036.

Oh, and I actually was drawn into the women's match because I caught their solid lock-ups at the beginning of the match. They lost me after a bit, though.

Imagine the ending to HIAC if Bray and the Wyatts had been off TV since Bray lost to Undertaker at WM and the Reapers fell apart"? And he showed up out of nowhere to get his vengeance? And he didn't have months of losses to anyone except Dean Ambrose and he had this extra Mastodon with him?

True, and by this point people might have forgotten Bray's no good anyway.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

The best video to start the work week.

I really wanted Reigns and Wyatt to shine tonight but they whiffed hard. Reigns being the worst offender. Absolutely awful. Casually strolling around the cell, laughing and joking. Ugh. How many times have these guys been built up by fans and WWE to be good and still have yet to deliver anything noteworthy? The future is bleak.

UberTag

That would have had amazing impact and people would have been talking about it like it was a watershed water cooler moment.

Whereas this was garbage. That required no long-term booking whatsoever. Which is why Vince went this way instead.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
AAA this year
Coordinator Irma Osorno dies in a bus wreck
Top rudo mainstay Perro Aguayo Jr dies in a freak accident in the ring
Mysteziz joins AAA and is set up for the top rudo position and a huge program with Rey Mysterio Jr. Mysteziz jumps ship to CMLL
Alberto Del Rio is brought into AAA after an awful workplace experience in the WWE and is given THE title and a huge push as well as wins over one of their best up and coming stars of the last year(Texano) . Alberto Del Rio shows up in WWE again]
Triplemania

Hell of a year for AAA, I'd say! I wonder when Rey's going to jump ship to NJPW or Fenix is going to get Hayabusad or some shit

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Tons of negativity here. I liked it a lot. Wrestling is a hobby that rewards attention, but if you guys are watching every RAW and Smackdown then no winder you all sound so burnt out.

Top Bottom