• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

imBask

Banned
ok here we go

FAV FIVE MOVIES AS OF RIGHT NOW :

1-Godfather
2-Godfather 2
3-Whiplash
4-Pulp Fiction
5-Empire Strikes Back

Honorable mentions : Dark Knight, Fargo, Interstellar

i've yet to see 2001 and i'm a sucker for space stuff, might watch it this weekend

Same with Cloud Atlas for me.

There's just a section of GAF that will eat up whatever they put in theaters because they're just so creative, guys!

I like the first two, never seen Sense8

Speed Racer is a fever dream of complete nonsense, but the visuals are nice. No clue why it's PG13 though.

And Cloud Atlas is excellent

Sephzilla

Cloud Atlas was the most ambition thing they've done since The Matrix, but it just wasn't executed that well. Jupiter Ascending should officially bury any credibility they once had. I'd still be there day one if they made a Matrix 4 though

klonere

Banned
you say that like that's not gonna be his gimmick on the main roster

My dream is that Finn stays down in NXT and acts as their cornerstone drawing power as it goes to more full time touring (like they are doing in Texas now). Either as a long term champ or a Taker like constant main event presence. So he avoids main roster ruination!

He's going up by Mania and its gonna be bad

TNA would have had Prince Devitt come in and form a tag team with Gradeo taking on The Wolves in a dead fetus on a pole match.

Grado/Balor would be a pretty great combo imo but no way TNA would do anything good with it.

Ya gotta believe me bro, abortion is illegal in Ireland so Balor could play a self-righteous Catholic heel who wants to EXPOSE the inhumanity of abortion by putting the dead fetus on display for everyone. The Wolves are pro-choice and are gonna take it away. Dixie will do a run in cos Balor is her secret lover and is trying to elope with him. It writes itself, bro!

Bronx-Man

Banned
You mean like NXT did with Becky Lynch right off the bat?
Well in kayfabe they just wrote it off as Becky trying to fit into the sport-entertainment shtick. Which is kinda weird because it acknowledges "You'll always be way more entertaining if you be yourself instead of trying to fit into the mold WWE wants".

Alright...my friendths. Let'sth play ahmchayaah bookah, ala Duddy Road.

Book a supershow. All feds. Only current. You can bring someone out of retirement if you wish but they operate at their retired level (meaning you're not gonna get something very great out of them)

Ten match limit.

Order of matches from first match of the show down. I don't know the finishes yet.

English commentary by John Pollock, Josh Barnett, and Mauro Ranallo.

1. Trios match: Flamita, Eita, and T-Hawk vs. Masato Yoshino, Matt Sydal, and Ricochet

-Let's get the show started with an explosive opener featuring the finest Dragon Gate style action we can provide.

2. Tomohiro Ishii, Yuji Nagata, and Captain New Japan vs. The New Day

-A taste of New Day shenanigans until BRRRROCK LESNAR's music plays. He comes out, destroys Captain New Japan, Nagata, and Ishii. Lesnar focuses on Ishii in particular since Ishii is fantastic at garnering face sympathy. The New Day is cracking up in the background until Lesnar turns his attention to them. He kills The New Day and starts stomping on Captain New Japan some more until The Ace, The 1/100 Talent, Hiroshi Tanahashi comes out to save Nagata, Ishii, and Captain New Japan. That sets up the main event of the evening.

3. Tomoaki Honma vs. Mil Muertes w/Catrina and the Druids

-Honma is another face sympathy machine. Muertes beats on Honma, but Honma is able to get the surprise win.

4. Minoru Suzuki vs. Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Pentagon Jr.

-Suzuki disrespects Sabre Jr. and Pentagon Jr. This is the technical masterpiece of the show.

5. Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Cesaro

-A good ol' fashioned hoss-off.

6. Four Corner Survival (elimination match): Katsuyori Shibata and Hirooki Goto vs. Shingo Takagi and Akira Tozawa vs. Daniel Bryan and Kota Ibushi vs. Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins

-A few established tag teams and an impromptu tag team. Shibata and Reigns, Rollins and Ibushi, Tozawa and Bryan are just some of the combinations available.

7. One million dollar bonus, anything goes gauntlet match: Will Ospreay vs. Luke Harper vs. Fenix vs. Kalisto vs. Angelico vs. Chris Hero vs. Dave Mastiff vs. Sheamus vs. Rusev vs. Kevin Owens vs. Jun Kasai

-A combination of high flyers and some hosses to be bases with a dash of Jun Kasai to provide a taste of garbage (in a good way) for the evening. Start with Kevin Owens and Sheamus. Give Owens the CM Punk during the Royal Rumble treatment, where he gets to cut a promo as he eliminates Sheamus, Kalisto, and Fenix.

8. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch vs. Syuri vs. Kana

-Give these four plenty of time to work out the match before the show.

9. Generational Elimination Chamber: John Cena vs. Kazuchika Okada vs. A.J. Styles vs. Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

-The first, advertised main event of the evening.

10. The Beast vs. The 1/100 Talent
Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

-The impromptu main event of the evening.

Dion314

Neo Member
I wanted to check out Cloud Atlas, just never got around to it. Speed Racer wasn't the worst movie ever made but ultimately forgettable. I tried Sense 8 and it just wasn't for me and the last Matrix movie was awful.

And because I've never seen Bound, all they got for me is the first 2 Matrix movies.

When was that Balor pic taken?!

Aiii

So not worth it
At least it was a gimmick (even though I hated it with a passion)... I honestly couldn't tell you what her current personality is, "She wears steampunk glasses and looks orange" is all I've got.

Sephzilla

ok here we go

FAV FIVE MOVIES AS OF RIGHT NOW :

1-Godfather
2-Godfather 2
3-Whiplash
4-Pulp Fiction
5-Empire Strikes Back

Honorable mentions : Dark Knight, Fargo, Interstellar

i've yet to see 2001 and i'm a sucker for space stuff, might watch it this weekend

I'm going to one up you and go TOP TEN

1) RoboCop
2) The Matrix
3) Return of the Jedi
4) Mad Max: Fury Road
5) Empire Strikes Back
6) Die Hard
7) Batman Begins
8) Jurassic Park
9) Gojira
10) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Browny

Banned
At least it was a gimmick (even though I hated it with a passion)... I honestly couldn't tell you what her current personality is, "She wears steampunk glasses and looks orange" is all I've got.

She's Edge 2.0.

Shit, new DDP:

Dongdaemun-Design-Park-and-Plaza-by-Zaha-Hadid_dezeen_2.jpg

imBask

Banned

she's a poser and always was. She headbanged to Linkin Park to look edgy for a while because she thought it looked cool... Then she went to comic-con, saw some steampunk stuff and decided to follow that trend instead

plus nothing can fix that manly voice

Corey Graves is only sane person in that company

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was just thinking about how much fun Honma would be against Lesnar. Lesnar would give him one hell of a hope spot, then destroy it.

klonere

Banned

Sadly for Becky, just as they were getting around to giving her a more complete character via the Finn docu and the Sasha match (which she had done a face turn via losing in a brutal hard fought match. Like a certain other famous wrestler.) she got sent to the main roster where she is now the new AJ Lee aka the ""nerdy"" crazy random girl. (That's what AJ was right?)

Aiii

So not worth it
Sadly for Becky, just as they were getting around to giving her a more complete character via the Finn docu and the Sasha match (which she had done a face turn via losing in a brutal hard fought match. Like a certain other famous wrestler.) she got sent to the main roster where she is now the new AJ Lee aka the ""nerdy"" crazy random girl. (That's what AJ was right?)

Amongst others. Well the nerdy part was AJ.

The crazy part applies to almost every woman, it appears.

Was just thinking about how much fun Honma would be against Lesnar. Lesnar would give him one hell of a hope spot, then destroy it.

Lesnar is the wildcard with this dream supershow booking. You could put him against anyone, and it would be a compelling match.

I did the boring thing by putting him against Tanahashi, but I thought about Brock interrupting a junior tag match and destroying all of those guys. Imagine Lesnar giving an F5 to both Bucks at the same time. Picture reDRagon trying their faux MMA shit against Lesnar, only for Lesnar to just laugh, shrug it off, and powerbomb O'Reilly and Fish to hell. Think of how great it would be for Lesnar to give Trent Baretta and Rocky Romero 15 German suplexes.

imBask

Banned
Hunter Hearst Hemsley was a better gimmick than anything Becky ever did, Yankeem was trash but that's because Kane is trash

Also, I support the suppression of politics talk in the WrassleGAF universe. Nothing is more pointless than discussing politics on the Internet.

"I've been looking forward to this next one for a long time now. It's the Money In The Bank World Hoss Invitational, featuring Vader, Kevin Owens, Tomohiro Ishii, Big E Langston, Michael Elgin (NJPW Edition), Rusev, Chris "Umaga" Hero, Vladimir Koslov, King Kong Bundy, JBL, Dave Mastiff and the ghost of Bam Bam Bigelow. One hoss will rise above all others and slowly climb a ladder not entirely guaranteed to hold their weight and girth."

The idea of King Kong Bundy taking a bump frightens me.

Big E, Big Mike, Rusev, and Koslov catching Owens off the ladder would be fantastic.

The Miz vs. Minoru Suzki, Yuji Nagata, Big Show, Sheamus, Ryota Hama, JBL and Steiner Brothers - 8 vs. 1 Handicap Steel Cage Match

We'd need more people who would stiff the shit out of The Miz. Replace Big Show with Hardcore Holly or Togi Makabe.

We could pair The Miz with Low Ki as well.

Hama getting a payday! He can dress up as Vader!

Anth0ny

fave five movies:

1. empire strikes back
2. star wars
3. the terminator
4. aladdin
5. spider-man 2

runner ups: toy story, dark knight, back to the future, zoolander

i'm a simple man. i like my nerdy/nostalgia shit.

JavyOO7

Infernal Affairs
The Man From Nowhere
Lost in Translation
The Godfather I
Scarface
Notting Hill

Can't give a rank, and I added a sixth movie. Really like all those movies though. They are all timeless. Especially Lost in Translation.

Browny

Banned
I've just realised I put Chris "Umaga" Hero instead of Chris "Kamala" Hero.

That's really put a dampener on my day.

Top Bottom