• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Dion314

Neo Member
I figured the ending was a way to keep Bray involved with something after the loss to Reigns. I'm interested to see what happens next even if it's a SS setup....does Taker team with the Wyatts?

For what it's worth though, I liked the PPV because I went into it with no real expectations and turned my smark brain off. I liked Brock/Taker. It was a lot more physical/brutal than I expected. And I liked the ring spot. Never seen that before so props to them for that. It was a fun match

Only thing I can say is they didn't need the cell for it and I knew going in neither guy would take any real bumps with it so it seemed kinda unnecessary

Bandini

I agree. I hate them all, but JBL is the worst. He's the zoom-in-zoom-out cam of commentators.

Replacing JBL with Graves and Lawler with Booker T or Saxton would be a lot more tolerable. And if Vince ever stops micromanaging the commentary, it could actually be good. Cole and Saxton impressed me a lot at the Beast in the East show, I'm not a Saxton fan by any means but he's at least passable when he doesn't have a crazy old man yelling in his ear.

imBask

Banned
I figured the ending was a way to keep Bray involved with something after the loss to Reigns. I'm interested to see what happens next even if it's a SS setup....does Taker team with the Wyatts?

For what it's worth though, I liked the PPV because I went into it with no real expectations and turned my smark brain off. I liked Brock/Taker. It was a lot more physical/brutal than I expected. And I liked the ring spot. Never seen that before so props to them for that. It was a fun match

Only thing I can say is they didn't need the cell for it and I knew going in neither guy would take any real bumps with it so it seemed kinda unnecessary

HiAC and PG just doesn't work, the ONLY spot that required the cell last night was that weird chair thing Wyatt set up, that's it... They might as well just remove that PPV and add something relevant instead, a tournament or something

Hex

Banned
Kane has nothing right now, Undertaker has nothing, Wyatt has nothing, we have a month to Survivor Series and Undertaker's Anniversary so it is a good way to quickly get the ball rolling.

HiAC and PG just doesn't work, the ONLY spot that required the cell last night was that weird chair thing Wyatt set up, that's it... They might as well just remove that PPV and add something relevant instead, a tournament or something

HIAC only really worked for Roman/Wyatt to keep the fam out where even stipulations could not. Even a cage match someone can come over the top.
For Taker/Brock it was the carnage that was being sold to people from the old school HIAC that people remember, not the reality of the HIACs from the past few years.

Let me guess, that was JBL. Dude is so, so bad at commentary. By far the worst in the company. He actually subtracts from the experience.

lol yep.

Ugh I hate him too, he's all over the place shouting at Maggle supporting the heel then he'll flip 4 seconds later be happy like HA HA I LOVE IT, DANIEL BRYAN WHAT AN AMAZING ATHLETE!

Dion314

Neo Member

Agreed. I understand the dangers of working with blood and having the doctors in there but it breaks up the flow of a match. They need to reserve it for REALLY special occasions and for dudes that will work it into the match.

The ending was just there to make a point that the Taker and zbrock feud is over. I really think people are overthinking this and getting their hopes way up.

I don't know man....even with Taker advertised for SS? He'll obviously be involved somehow. And Reigns is moving on from the Wyatts so I guess we'll see tonight. It would be silly for NOTHING to happen with that (which I suppose means it's a good chance nothing will)

But that means three more Del Rio vs Cena matches! Can we take that?

xmkXt.jpg

Can't believe Del Rio is back and he was the one that beat Cena. Talk about worst case scenario.

I guess my routine of only watching PPVs is continuing. Hell In A Cell wasn't bad but also there's nothing there that screams "you must watch Raw tomorrow!".

Props to Wyatt and Reigns for putting a pretty good match, they played to each others strengths I think so.

And I really don't care if Wyatt beats Taker or doesn't. Not only did he already lose at Mania but I couldn't care less about Taker at this point.

Actual worst case scenario was Big Show. Del Rio is a miracle against that possibility.

Sephzilla

So if you're going to have Bray end the show with attacking Taker, don't you think it would have made the entire moment more epic if Bray had won his match that night?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hah, just went back a few pages. Some of y'all should quit watching wrestling and pick up being a toddler.

jmdajr

264_HIAC_10252015sb_0565-1266146408.jpg

Seems kinda big for a blade job no?
\
anyhow. IT will be coool to see Brock eliminate every single competitor in the Royal Rumble.

Sephzilla

Also, I fucking LOL'd hard at Del Rio busting out rest holds 60 seconds into his match last night. The guy will never not be a giant snooze fest.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So if you're going to have Bray end the show with attacking Taker, don't you think it would have made the entire moment more epic if Bray had won his match that night?

Doesn't really matter since Wyatt's character is so strong, wins and losses don't matter except to ISEC folks. He lost to Taker at Mania, yet here he is. He's great. Survived multiple Cena "burials" - yet is still working around the main event.

Call him Bulletproof Bray Wyatt, because he can't be stopped. And yes, he is still super over.

imBask

Banned
Doesn't really matter since Wyatt's character is so strong, wins and losses don't matter except to ISEC folks. He lost to Taker at Mania, yet here he is. He's great. Survived multiple Cena "burials" - yet is still working around the main event.

Call him Bulletproof Bray Wyatt, because he can't be stopped. And yes, he is still super over.

I agree that wins and losses don't matter to him, his character his pretty much built to stalk someone and then put him over in the end, it's fine

klonere

Banned
Took a gander at the main event. Love that Brock and Taker both went for color, loved the match, loved the ending up until the Wyatts showed up. Then it was just okay.

Definitely a 1 match show, or 2 if you count the 6 man tag. Del Rio beating Cena clean in 7 minutes was incredibly underwhelming considering the circumstances. Not interested in re-subbing to the Network or watching Raw anytime soon coming out of that anyway.

Sephzilla

I actually agree with you, up to a certain point. His character is strong enough where he can survive losing feuds. But man, it's hard to take him as a serious when he hasn't won a feud in god knows how long.

Wyatt is Kane. Booked poorly but still presented as a threat for some reason.

Dude should take his slam poetry to the hipster cafe at the local community college

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It matters for Bray as well. Why take someone like him as a threat if he never actually succeeds in anything he does?

People still do. The same people cheering, hard, for Roman Reigns, that ISEC folks pretend don't exist. Roman is super over. He's had a good year.

hamchan

Meltzer says taker and Brock went into business for themselves

"They did the match they wanted to do"

Good. It was pretty damn entertaining. Must be nice to know that you aren't going to be punished much, if at all, by doing your own thing because of how much fame and money you already have.

Dion314

Neo Member
I actually agree with you, up to a certain point. His character is strong enough where he can survive losing feuds. But man, it's hard to take him as a serious when he hasn't won a feud in god knows how long.

THATS why wins and losses matter when it comes to Bray. Why should anybody care about the "new face of fear" when he bounces from feud to feud with little to no real reasons or motivations, in most cases CALLS these people out and then proceeds to lose? Your villain/heel should look strong so people get behind the face and WANT to see him take the heel down.

imBask

Banned
THATS why wins and losses matter when it comes to Bray. Why should anybody care about the "new face of fear" when he bounces from feud to feud with little to no real reasons or motivations, in most cases CALLS these people out and then proceeds to lose? Your villain/heel should look strong so people get behind the face and WANT to see him take the heel down.

well according to WWE, fans can't remember anything that happened past 10 minutes ago, hence all the recaps... no one will remember the results

Cagey

Banned
As someone often bored of Bray Wyatt, SunnyMac is on point here. He's seen as a premiere heel with a nasty stable of giant bearded monsters regardless of winning or losing feuds. Losses don't inherently make someone weak. He's not made to look like a punk bitch, and the audience thus doesn't see him as one.

hamchan

Bray Wyatt seems like a humongous loser to me but only in 1 on 1 situations. He's still the gang leader of a bunch of scary looking dudes who can make it 4 v 1 at any time.

As someone often bored of Bray Wyatt, SunnyMac is on point here. He's seen as a premiere heel with a nasty stable of giant bearded monsters regardless of winning or losing feuds. Losses don't make inherently make someone weak. He's not made to look like a punk bitch, and the audience thus doesn't seem as one.

Wins and losses don't matter to Bray (what does a bearded backwater cult leader need from the pay window, Brain?), but he has yet to succeed at any of his missions. Wanted to turn John Cena to the dark side? Failed. Wanted to corrupt Daniel Bryan? Worked for two weeks. Wanted to make it so it's anyone but Roman Reigns? Failed. Challenge the Undertaker to return from oblivion? Failed.

Villains need to win every once in a while to make the stakes look they're worth something and to make them look, for the lack of a better word, strong. The only victory Wyatt can claim is that he beat Ambrose, and that's more due to Ambrose's own idiocy than anything Wyatt did.

Maybe it'll be different this time because he can turn Undertaker and run with a posse like Harper, Rowan, Strowman, and 'Taker. He should be un-fucking-stoppable. The Authority should be terrified of him because of the guys he has at his side. But that would require Steph and Triple H to show a little ass, and Steph in particular won't do that. So, what's Wyatt's end game?

Bronx-Man

Banned
If Bray uses the other dudes to get rid of the Authority, I will be a Bray mark for life. I will get one of his promos tattooed on my ribs just as my way of saying thanks.

Like, if you wanted to really do a Shield reunion instead of the dashed off nonsense from last week, you could justify The Authority saying, "Oh shit, Bray Wyatt has this group of monsters, and they're running roughshod over our show. Brock and Paul aren't taking our calls. John Cena's on vacation. Who can we get to defend the show? Rollins, put your weaselly act down for a second, legitimately team up with Ambrose and Reigns again, take Kane and someone else (Cesaro?) along, and break up this group in a traditional Survivor Series match at Survivor Series, only on the WWE Network for $9.99 a month. Ambrose and Reigns, if you take out the Wyatts, you can have whatever you want. Kane, you can have your job back. Cesaro, thanks for yourself, but go fuck yourself, you Swiss nugget. Should have flushed a second time when we got rid of Kassius Ohno."

Then, Rollins tries to turn on Reigns and Ambrose again, but they're ready for him this time. That sets up your Shield three-way for the championship at some point. Kane gets to be Director of Operations Kane again, which is much better than Demon Kane. Lesnar gets freed to do something else at 'Mania. Cesaro gets sent back to the preshow in a tag scramble or something. Wyatt looks like a legitimate threat for a while. And you don't have to drag out someone for Rollins's next title defense.

Zach

You guys have probably talked about this, but are they setting up the Wyatt Family vs. The Underfrasier & Friends at Survivor Series? If so, who will be on Team Taker? I predict:

• Stinger
  • Kane
  • Big Show

Top Bottom