• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

miserable

sad Sugiura is sad...or maybe just not impressed, Suzuki is ready

sugiura1uyour.gif
suzuki1b7q2r.gif

elbows 4 days:

suzuki221oepie.gif

elbows 2:electric boogaloo:

suzuki2221eopc9.gif

Gotchishki!:

gotch1sor2n.gif

So friends of wrasslegaf, have we talked about the landmark return of Barrett to Monday night raw, I mean I haven't because WWE booking has at last convinced me that it's a lost cause to give a crap. Just wondering if anyone wants to carry the Barrett Barrage torch instead, I'm going all in on champion Kane in 2015 this month.

Oh and that lapsed fan vid posted this morning about forcible entry cracked me up.

dudes in that transformer thread talking up beast wars characters

gtfo

I liked Dinobot and BW Megatron, but c'mon, man.

Gable and Jordan have to win the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, right? They're the only established tag team left. You shouldn't have two singles wrestlers randomly pair up and win a tag team tournament.

No movie with Kirsten Dunst in it is a legit anything.

Melancholia was a fine movie, a tone film about depression, friend.

Caderfix

So friends of wrasslegaf, have we talked about the landmark return of Barrett to Monday night raw, I mean I haven't because WWE booking has at last convinced me that it's a lost cause to give a crap. Just wondering if anyone wants to carry the Barrett Barrage torch instead, I'm going all in on champion Kane in 2015 this month.

Oh and that lapsed fan vid posted this morning about forcible entry cracked me up.

I know I shouldn't, but I have hope that he's not going to be handled as bad this time. that comment about things getting better after wrestlemania gave me some hope

I liked Dinobot and BW Megatron, but c'mon, man.

Gable and Jordan have to win the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, right? They're the only established tag team left. You shouldn't have two singles wrestlers randomly pair up and win a tag team tournament.

Don't count out Dash & Dawson
He has the same face as Mr. Ninja Warrior that never won even though he quit his job to train and stuff.
man, Mr. Ninja Warrior makes me sad

Kiki's Delivery Service is great.
The soundtrack still invades my head regularly after watching it earlier this year.
Annnd it's happening right now.

I know I shouldn't, but I have hope that he's not going to be handled as bad this time. that comment about things getting better after wrestlemania gave me some hope

I burnt myself too badly thinking that the KotR meant good things for his future as opposed to a weaker run than even King Billy Gunn.
You must carry the hope for now.

Dion314

Neo Member

Agreed. On paper, especially with the teams left, Joe and Balor is the obvious pick to win it all.....but I think that's exactly why it WON'T happen which will lead to Joe/Balor for the title.

Edit- I hadn't been following NXT for a few weeks leading up to BK Takeover so Dash and Dawson just kinda came outta nowhere for me but I like them. They give off a very old school, no nonsense, here to kick some ass feel that you'd get off of say...Arn and Tully.

klonere

Banned
Agreed. On paper, especially with the teams left, Joe and Balor is the obvious pick to win it all.....but I think that's exactly why it WON'T happen which will lead to Joe/Balor for the title.

Nah I think this tourny is to establish both Dash & Dawson and The Shooters as the new top teams to challenge The Vaudevillians. Enzo & Cass are either heading up super soon or they are playing the really long, ultimate underdog game with them. Joe & Finn is a vehicle for their singles feud where I hope Joe gets some more character out of Finn.

Jordan and Gable are gonna win it, I'd put my avatar on that.

Nah I think this tourny is to establish both Dash & Dawson and The Shooters as the new top teams to challenge The Vaudevillians. Enzo & Cass are either heading up super soon or they are playing the really long, ultimate underdog game with them. Joe & Finn is a vehicle for their singles feud where I hope Joe gets some more character out of Finn.

If I didn't agree with you on Jordan and Gable, I'd take you up on that avatar bet.

bjork

One-person bet. If they don't, you change your avatar to Vince's face in big show's butt

I think the sadder one was the guy with the fishnet (the first winner) doing poorly due to failing eyesight.
aw man, that too. Ninja Warrior is sad sometimes

I think the thing with Enzo and Cass is that they can stay over enough in NXT without the titles so they just won't put them on them. also the call-up thing

on that note, i wish they didn't cut this week's E&C/B&J match up so much, especially if Joe and Balor were super heelish as reported. I wanna see that

somedevil

Dash and Dawson are basically the Brain busters 2015.

Plus Cable released The 75 most watched sporting events on cable from 10/1/14-9/30/15.

If the WWE was counted as a sport the raw after Wrestlemania would have been ranked number 68.

Fantasy time: you're Vinnie Mac, you have the ECW brand and license. One Night Stand(s) have been successful. You want to bring ECW back as its own thing. How do you do it?

(Yes I'm listening to lapsed fan)

Bronx-Man

Banned
Fantasy time: you're Vinnie Mac, you have the ECW brand and license. One Night Stand(s) have been successful. You want to bring ECW back as its own thing. How do you do it?

One hour TV-MA show with Heyman booking, some of the old ECW vets come back, but put a focus on new guys as well.

bjork

Is it 2006 or now? In 2006, you pay to bring the guys in and sell it as the alternative to PG, and have zero crossover on weekly shows aside from a pre-taped promo. Also you push Sandman. He was looking slightly marketable there for awhile.

If it's now, you don't. Those guys are all too old to be taking frying pans to the face and the industry has moved on to flippy shit instead of Van Daminators.

NJPW help? I'm looking for a G1 final where the finisher is some kind of brainbuster and the guy who took it tripods on his neck and shoulders for a good couple seconds. I saw it a long time ago, but can't find it ATM.

Top Bottom