• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

tumblr_nwugrbrxiv1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

Well that settles it

JavyOO7

So WrassleGAF... for better or for worse... whether we like the dude or feel he's ready or anything else... are we ALL... for the first time ever... in collective agreement... that Roman Reigns should win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship from Seth Rollins at Survivor Series?

Because I think we are.

Nah. Let Roman win at Mania.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can't take Roman seriously as a main eventer until he drops the Shield gear.
marty-jannetty.jpg

That's what the jobber half of the tag team break up does

Cagey

Banned
At least on GAF, I would hope last night and now tonight would help put to rest any concerns about Kevin Owens getting "buried" or derisively referred to as "midcard status". WWE clearly loves the guy far more than anyone could have hoped watching him kill himself at Hammerstein Ballroom in ROH. He's not "midcard" in the way a random directionless wrestler (Barrett) is. He's "midcard" meaning "he's not fighting for the WWE Championship right this second" and that's about it.

Plenty of room for everyone on the Roman Reigns War Wagon. We don't exclude people, believe that.

The prime seats may have been taken years ago, and the passenger's seat eternally reserved for Brother Lambda, but we're open to all.

Toki767

When the crowd is behind Reigns, he basically feels comfortable enough to seem pretty cool.

When the crowd is against Reigns, he pretty much loses all composure and doesn't know how to react.

It's a really weird thing. I'd rather they just give him the belt now than Mania though.

So WrassleGAF... for better or for worse... whether we like the dude or feel he's ready or anything else... are we ALL... for the first time ever... in collective agreement... that Roman Reigns should win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship from Seth Rollins at Survivor Series?

Because I think we are.

Ambrose-Nope.gif

These silly "hold the belt hostage to erase CM Punk from existence" records are trite, self-serving and a detriment to the WWE brand.

While I do agree with you here, I also believe that long title reigns like Punk's are fantastic if the person can manage to stay over and relevant the entire time.

I don't think Seth can do that, and I have trouble believing that mah boy Roman could either.

UberTag

Nah. Let Roman win at Mania.
Booking around Mania sucks. Stalling on the title change until then will make the Mania build terrible... and the post-Mania programming where they clearly won't take the belt off of him under any circumstances also terrible.

I say they need to pull the trigger on Reigns now. This is especially critical at a time when all of their other belts are treated as meaningless.

These silly "hold the belt hostage to erase CM Punk from existence" records are trite, self-serving and a detriment to the WWE brand.

Anything that wipes the Brooks family from the WWE record book quicker is a positive. At least there's was never any worry about either of them being in any kind of drawing money record book.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
At least on GAF, I would hope last night and now tonight would help put to rest any concerns about Kevin Owens getting "buried" or derisively referred to as "midcard status". WWE clearly loves the guy far more than anyone could have hoped watching him kill himself at Hammerstein Ballroom in ROH. He's not "midcard" in the way a random directionless wrestler (Barrett) is. He's "midcard" meaning "he's not fighting for the WWE Championship right this second" and that's about it.
It's the same thing with Bray. They clearly like the fucking guy and hover him around the main event status all the time. They have him work with main eventers and all the legends are huge fans as well as the writers. He loses a lot but WWE clearly thinks he's one of their top heels because they always fall back to him. He doesn't need the title to cement that for him. Whether it works for the individual fan or not is another thing entirely.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Someone even did the math that Bray has a near main event level of not losing and yet people think he loses every match and feud like he was Kane.

Kane by the way has been getting crazy fan reactions for the last month.

Someone even did the math that Bray has a near main event level of not losing and yet people think he loses every match and feud like he was Kane.

Kane by the way has been getting crazy fan reactions for the last month.

It's the IWC. Every favorite of theirs should win all the time, and Cena & Reigns should lose to all of them.

Are you doing OK, JesseEwiak?

I'm great. AJ Lee's out of the company and has been rightly exposed as a bad worker, Damien Sandow is back where he should be as wrestling randomly on Superstars, Roman Reigns is going to be the top guy, and people are finally realizing that Dean Ambrose has two moves and male pattern baldness.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm great. AJ Lee's out of the company and has been rightly exposed as a bad worker, Damien Sandow is back where he should be as wrestling randomly on Superstars, Roman Reigns is going to be the top guy, and people are finally realizing that HULK HOGAN has two moves and male pattern baldness.

I mean...literally the icon of professional wrestling!

UberTag

I'm great. AJ Lee's out of the company and has been rightly exposed as a bad worker, Damien Sandow is back where he should be as wrestling randomly on Superstars, Roman Reigns is going to be the top guy, and people are finally realizing that Dean Ambrose has two moves and male pattern baldness.
I can think of many revered wrestlers that had two moves and suffered from male pattern baldness.

I actually like Dean. They fucking blew their chance to make him a top guy when they sidelined him getting revenge on Rollins just to put in in a program with fucking Bray Wyatt. Of all the dumb decisions...

And the term is ISEC, Jesse. GET IT RIGHT.

Ambrose has been in several of the better WWE matches this year. He's doing just fine. No reason he couldn't get heated up for a big program anytime WWE wants.

Edit: Considering that Dean is STILL getting huge reactions from crowds over a year after a frankly pretty halfassed push, I'd say the dude is pretty objectively charismatic, as wrestlers go. He sold a shit-ton of merch during that Black Friday sale last year, still gets a ton of play amongst teenage girls, and still does pretty well on the mic. I actually think his problem is less one of talent than of motivation. He definitely seems like someone Vince was talking about when he said that the millennials are kind of lazy and not very proactive about taking their careers into their own hands. Didn't he even basically admit on that Jericho show that he doesn't really care for the material he's given, but just kind of goes with it because whatever?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
have a feeling they are going to keep "screwing" reigns just to get the crowd on his side to win it officially at the next mania. Got a feeling roman will win but Sheamus will cash in

Matchwise Roman has been good to great since the Royal Rumble.

I get the sense that, when he realized he wasn't leaving WM with the title, he realized he needed to buckle down and "put in his dues" by having some killer matches. And he's pretty much the best part of every "big match" he's involved in, for one reason or another. I was totally on the "boo Roman" train leading into Wrestlemania, given his horrendous promos and horrendous Royal Rumble performance, but everything post-amazing Brock match has shown him to be someone with a HUGE upside as a performer and validated the idea that there was always a germ of talent there waiting to be developed.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
have a feeling they are going to keep "screwing" reigns just to get the crowd on his side to win it officially at the next mania. Got a feeling roman will win but Sheamus will cash in

So the Daniel Bryan approach? Are they going to screw Roman out of the Rumble and have the Florida crowd shit on it like the past 2 years?

Not going to lie, that might get me back to resub.

Nothing cool about that.

But you know what cool is?

tumblr_m77a60YGz31qgxy6bo1_400.jpg

You're looking at it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There are 14 Austin costumes in this game. 1 is Stunnin' Steve. The other are varying degrees of black trunk Austin. I guess it's cool that they changed Austin based on all his major appearance for his showcase, but it's just hilarious that it's like varying degrees and different types of knee braces/elbow pads.

Col Parker is in this game so 10/10

UberTag

So the Daniel Bryan approach? Are they going to screw Roman out of the Rumble and have the Florida crowd shit on it like the past 2 years?
Instead of trying to push Roman like Cena or push Roman like D.Brine, I really wish they'd just push Roman like Roman.

Or Bill Goldberg. That could work too.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads

Not going to lie, that might get me back to resub.

But you know what cool is?

tumblr_m77a60YGz31qgxy6bo1_400.jpg

You're looking at it.

thing was, daniel bryan was wayyyyyyy over

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean it's still a Yukes game

but I did just do Vader vs Bam Bam at Bash At The Beach with Col Parker in my corner and JBL namedropped the IWGP title.

So that's something.

Anth0ny

they're probably thinking "if it worked with that midget daniel bryan, it'll work for roman"

I can totally see sheamus stealing the title from roman at the next ppv

at the same time, how the fuck are they going to stretch this title program with roman allllllllllll the way to mania? if he doesn't win the title at SS, what happens at the december ppv? what happens at rumble? does he suddenly stop going after the title to enter the rumble?

for that reason, I thought they'd give seth some filler opponents for the rest of 2015 and basically do what they did tonight in january, kicking off the year of roman's reign.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Instead of trying to push Roman like Cena or push Roman like D.Brine, I really wish they'd just push Roman like Roman.

Or Bill Goldberg. That could work too.

So put in with 2 other guys and let him have the hot tag and wreck fools?

The thing is, the WWE Universe thought the Daniel Bryan stuff was real. Even people here on WrassleGAF thought it was real. Do you think they could do it again?

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT

thing was, daniel bryan was wayyyyyyy over

Bryan's popularity was one of those once in an era things. I don't think anyone on the roster will get to that level, at least for a while. I think Roman will be ok though believe that.

Top Bottom