• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Mahonay

Banned
I know you guys have warmed up for #ReignsEra, but I'm actually much more open to Sheamus Era, provided he wins with #TeamEuroTrash on his side, and provided that they all reign supreme.

Sheamus is actually likeable when he acts as the enforcer with his Euro bros.
indy eurotrash > wwe eurotrash

that being said, i love em both

media_87627870-411e-11e5-b848-95f81cdc5bb7.gif

when did they fix the download speed? got a link on that? I googled it quickly and found nothing, I got slow download speed just this week

PSN is fucking trash and I hate it but it's kinda mandatory, fucking cashgrab

Use GoogleDNS and MTU of 1473. My speeds were instantly better.

jmdajr

TLC could have Reigns vs Shemaus, or triple threat with Rollins.

I think that's fine. Let Reigns build on it and have Sheamus move on after this cash in is out of the way at Survivor Series.

Bronx-Man

Banned
What if ZSJ gets called up, and his gimmick is Roman Reigns' #1 fan? It got Mickie James over, and I think it could get Zack over with the crowds.

Dion314

Neo Member
His Money in the Bank run reminds me of Sandow. Except somehow even worse at the moment.

Yeah really. I don't understand the booking or why he has it at all. He's still a low/midcard guy with a shitty haircut/whatever is going on with his beard and no personality even as a heel. Anybody but you Sheamus...

My DVR didn't record RAW :(

Anyone give me a rundown?

What sucks about Shaemus, is that at his age and hes still young, he peaked talent wise. That is very concerning.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I can't think of a wrestler that's so damn good in the ring but is such a stale and awful character quite like Sheamus. You put him in New Japan and he would reach TMF status in no time.

"Bizarrely?" I wasn't the only one, but it doesn't sound like you actually watched the whole thing, which would definitely color a more positive perception considering how lifeless it was.

I encourage you to read strobogo's rather complimentary write-up of the match, and of Roman, more generally. The 75% of the match I saw was far more in line with what he wrote than what I read of it in here.

Mahonay

Banned
I can't think of a wrestler that's so damn good in the ring but is such a stale and awful character quite like Sheamus. You put him in New Japan and he would reach TMF status in no time.
He's an extremely solid worker but fuck, the booking and character elements for him is go-away heat for me personally.

Sephzilla

The most entertaining part of the Brock/Roman match has been how WWE has retroactively tried to make it seem like Roman was on the brink of winning and that Brock wasn't just completely wrecking him the entire time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

In a way, WWE has fostered this kind of character with their huge emphasis on matches over storytelling. The problem with relying heavily on in-ring storytelling is there's SO much they have to do - and often, what they do outside of the ring holds no bearing on their in-ring work. We're in a golden age of actual WWE matches themselves - but in a shitty period of storyline.

You can have both, but you need to be less exposed. WWE's contracts involving TV won't let them be less exposed.

Mahonay

Banned
In a way, WWE has fostered this kind of character with their huge emphasis on matches over storytelling. The problem with relying heavily on in-ring storytelling is there's SO much they have to do - and often, what they do outside of the ring holds no bearing on their in-ring work. We're in a golden age of actual WWE matches themselves - but in a shitty period of storyline.

You can have both, but you need to be less exposed. WWE's contracts involving TV won't let them be less exposed.
I've seen enough Sheamus matches for a lifetime.

Storytelling has been AWFUL across the board in WWE. Past two nights have been better at least.

Ithil

The most entertaining part of the Brock/Roman match has been how WWE has retroactively tried to make it seem like Roman was on the brink of winning and that Brock wasn't just completely wrecking him the entire time.

"He was about to win before that dastardly Seth interfered!"

Meanwhile the last thing to happen before Seth came down was Reigns getting F5'd.

Cagey

Banned
The best part of Roman/Brock was Roman's laughter during the match, selling the absurdity that is Trying to Fight Brock Lesnar. Punch drunk insanity babygirl.

tumblr_nm2vftdRLe1tsgwi3o2_250.gif

tumblr_nm2vftdRLe1tsgwi3o3_250.gif

FyreWulff

Getting fired looks to have been the best thing to ever happen to Del Rio. He was stuck in a rut going nowhere in WWE, just riding out his contract, then got fired and got a super lucrative year in AAA and indies with all that good press coming from the circumstances of his firing, and now he's back in WWE with probably a way better deal than he had last time and tons more leverage.

Same as if Punk suddenly decided to return he could easily get a dream deal if he wanted it.

With Vince's personality sometimes your best bet in the WWE is to tell the WWE to go fuck itself for a while

Top Bottom