• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Mahonay

Banned
phillies

in 2015
Hey man, the Phillies being terrible is just back to my normal reality.

I'm just grateful a Philadelphia team was able to win a single championship in recent history.

At least I can depend on the Eagles to not win a Super Bowl in the near future.

#noregrets

12107585_1497441027249982_209590397_n.jpg

The last two nights of WWE wrasslin were good. Solid booking. Good performances almost all around (Zeb Coulter? Mexamerica? What the flying sausage clam connection?). Relatively logical writing.

I'm not buying the rumours about Vince being mad about Brock bleeding everywhere, because they used colour photos with visible blood in them on RAW last night. That crowd last night was awesome. Brock didn't blade. Taker didn't blade. That match was awesome and a lot of the matches last night were great.

*happy*

Mahonay

Banned
The last two nights of WWE wrasslin were good. Solid booking. Good performances almost all around (Zeb Coulter? Mexamerica? What the flying sausage clam connection?). Relatively logical writing.

I'm not buying the rumours about Vince being mad about Brock bleeding everywhere, because they used colour photos with visible blood in them on RAW last night. That crowd last night was awesome. Brock didn't blade. Taker didn't blade. That match was awesome and a lot of the matches last night were great.

*happy*
Brock didn't blade, but his obvious purposeful ramming of his head into the ring post is pretty funny. Same way he got color at Mania. Pretty sure Taker got his color once Brock took his glove off one hand.

The word is that the only thing Vince was legit upset at about the HIAC match was Brock pushing the doctor out of the way.

Gonzalez

Banned
The mocap in this showcase mode is absolutely awful. The Stunners in these cutscenes might be worse than the Stunners from the Smackdown Vs. Raw story mode that featured Jimmy Hart.

Brock didn't blade, but his obvious purposeful ramming of his head into the ring post is pretty funny. Same way he got color at Mania. Pretty sure Taker got his color once Brock took his glove off one hand.

The word is that the only thing Vince was legit upset at about the HIAC match was Brock pushing the doctor out of the way.

It didn't look like he 'rammed' his head into the post purposefully. It looked like he tried to catch himself (which the commentators thought he had too, obviously) but still caught a glancing blow to his skull. Glancing blows tend to cut. Maybe Brock has practiced the precise amount of glancing blow necessary to split open his head, I don't know, but it strikes me as being unlikely.

Vince being mad at him for shoving the Doc is fair enough though. The guy was just doing as he was told. He's clearly not mad about the blood though.

Submission mini game is dumb as fuck. Pins still awful. Why isn't there just a fucking No Mercy option so you don't have to put up with these stupid gimmicks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like 1997 WWF so much I'm gonna watch One Night Only tonight. A UK only PPV where if I remember right HBK wins the Eurocontinental title off of the Bulldog.

Every year they do it to themselves. I'm over pitying them. Even Sonic the Hedgehog has had a decent game or two every few years, and we *rightly* mock Sonic fans for always thinking the next one will be great.

SPOILER ALERT.

2K17 WILL BE SHIT.

WWE games have long since taken over the Sonic Cycle, no contest.

Dion314

Neo Member
Every year they do it to themselves. I'm over pitying them. Even Sonic the Hedgehog has had a decent game or two every few years, and we *rightly* mock Sonic fans for always thinking the next one will be great.

SPOILER ALERT.

2K17 WILL BE SHIT.

I don't WANT to believe that but, in my heart, I know it's real. As long as Yukes is involved, it's real.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Turns out it was just a year off

IrYqH2x.gif

Honestly, the whole Roman fiasco was just so intriguing that I was actually pretty curious as to how they'd pull it off. I had fun with WM31 but by that time, WWE wasn't really something I was invested in. It was just curiosity that kept me going. Now I don't even watch Raw.

Alucard

Banned
Honestly, the whole Roman fiasco was just so intriguing that I was actually pretty curious as to how they'd pull it off. I had fun with WM31 but by that time, WWE wasn't really something I was invested in. It was just curiosity that kept me going. Now I don't even watch Raw.

#RawFree

Right there with you. Haven't watched an episode since before Summerslam.

Top Bottom