• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

What was the worse career killer?

Goldberg ending Bret Hart

or Daniel Bryan ending Lil Jimmy

arX2Z.gif

Zach

It takes seventy years to create a wrassler in these games. And am I crazy or can I not use Satan's Sister as my theme?! I'm going to bed.

It takes seventy years to create a wrassler in these games. And am I crazy or can I not use Satan's Sister as my theme?! I'm going to bed.

Yeah it's far too much now. With the amount of time you spend in CAW, you could actually get wrestling training

Zach, are you entering yourself into Sunny's e-fed? I want to see Bob Dylan get his ass whipped and/or whip ass.

somedevil

Smackdown Spoilers:

Bray Wyatt challenged three people to take on his monsters. Wyatt had Undertaker's hat and Kane's mask...

1. Roman Reigns beat Kevin Owens via count-out. Owens left the match after getting Superman punched out of the ring, giving Reigns the win by count out. Reigns got more cheers, but he still has a nice amount of boos...

Dean Ambrose was interviewed backstage by Renee young. Ambrose accepted the Wyatt challenge. Young is wearing a fairy costume for the Halloween themed show. Bo Dallas showed up in a ghost costume and tried to scare Renee...

The Dudleys out to a huge pop and their opponents The Ascension were next followed by the Lucha Dragons, then King Barrett and Sheamus rounded out the four way match. I think a number one contender match was announced but it was hard to hear. New Day was out next. Huge pop! Unicorn horn headbands. Yes, you read that right.

2. The Lucha Dragons beat The Ascension, The Dudleys, and Wade Barrett & Sheamus. New Day was on commentary. The Lucha Dragons pinned one of the Ascension members as the other two teams fought to the back. Good action from all four teams...

Backstage, Cesaro joined Dean Ambrose for the fight against the Wyatts. Bo Dallas continued to haunt the backstage area...

3. Dolph Ziggler beat The Miz in a trick or treat street fight. The ring was surrounded by pumpkins and skeletons. A candy corn Singapore cane was in the mix. Miz had a light saber and kicked a few pumpkins over. Dolph dunked Miz in a bucket of water with apples and, of course, put a pumpkin on Miz's head, then Dolph super kicked to Miz. A small package by Dolph ended the match. Tyler Breeze made his entrance and attacked Dolph and after a quick exchange. The referees broke them apart. There were NXT chants for Tyler...

4. Paige beat Natalya. Sasha Banks interrupted mid match. Paige won via pinfall. Natty was beaten up by Sasha and her team. Sasha got cheers from the crowd...

Alberto Del Rio and Zeb Colter came out to proclaim themselves the first citizens of MexAmerica. They said the U.S. Title will represent Mexico and The United States...

5. Alberto Del Rio (w/Zeb Colter) beat R-Truth. Perfect time to bring Del Rio back while in the Southwest/California area. Del Rio squashed R- Truth. He performed a sick double stomp like he did to Neville on Raw...

The ghost is back. Mark Henry leveled Bo Dallas. Hopefully that ended the skit...

6. Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, and Braun Strowman defeated Dean Ambrose, Cesaro, and Ryback. Great six-man match. Harper pinned Cesaro after Bray Wyatt interfered. Roman Reigns came in after the show ended to help the babyface team.

So it seems Survivor Series card by spoilers:

Rollins vs Reigns
Paige vs Charlotte
Team Wyatt vs Team Undertaker
Ziggler vs Tyler Breeze
The New Day vs
Lucha Dragons

UberTag

Wait we are up on RR now?
We want Reigns to win now so that we're not stuck on a stagnating title program for the next 9+ months while everything else gets 50/50d.

Plus, he's got momentum and Rollins is weak as shit. Might as well get the inevitable out of the way and see whether Roman delivers as the face of the company.

Reigns wins at Survivor Series and we have suspense for the Rumble match.
We have suspense for the world title match at Mania.
We have (the potential of) booking that isn't telegraphed and obvious while nothing else matters.

It is time to pull the trigger on Roman's first world title reign. At the same event where his cousin embarked on his first world title reign.

We want Reigns to win now so that we're not stuck on a stagnating title program for the next 9+ months while everything else gets 50/50d.

Plus, he's got momentum and Rollins is weak as shit. Might as well get the inevitable out of the way and see whether Roman delivers as the face of the company.

Reigns wins at Survivor Series and we have suspense for the Rumble match.
We have suspense for the world title match at Mania.
We have (the potential of) booking that isn't telegraphed and obvious while nothing else matters.

It is time to pull the trigger on Roman's first world title reign. At the same event where his cousin embarked on his first world title reign.

Yep.

Reigns still has his problems, the most troublesome being mic skills, which, even after nearly a year he has shown arguably no growth on. He's just not a mic guy, never will be, and that's fine. He gets great crowd reactions behind only Cena and Ambrose. Time to do it.

So like, who are we expecting to win the Rumble next year? It was obvious as shit it was gonna be Ramen last time, same with Batista the year before .

It would he funny if they brought Bryan back for the Rumble again so whoever wins can have their moment ruined, it can be a new tradition.

KingBroly

Banned
Speak for yourself

I'm rooting for a shaemus cash in

They might wait until right before MITB next year for Sheamus to cash-in because of his movie appearance in TAINT 2 (Teenage Alien Invader Ninja Turtles).

They should put the Title on Reigns now because
- He's got momentum
- Rollins is weak
- Title Program is dull as shit
- Rematch would be at TLC, meaning a new program for RR/FL (Ambrose? Hunter?)
- The Rumble has a higher possibility of not being a complete shitshow because Reigns can't win it (This years' was an even bigger disaster than last years', where people were cheering for Reigns at the end)
- It's also a down period for the company, so doing a title change to a guy they believe in can potentially spark interest while Brock and Cena are gone, right before Football season ends and Smackdown coming to USA next year

Assuming Reigns wins the Title and holds onto the Belt to Mania, I think the winner of the Rumble will be Cena.

Fox318

So like, who are we expecting to win the Rumble next year? It was obvious as shit it was gonna be Ramen last time, same with Batista the year before .

It would he funny if they brought Bryan back for the Rumble again so whoever wins can have their moment ruined, it can be a new tradition.
I fully expect stroman to win.

Wrestlemania main event will be Kevin Nash 2.0 vs Kurrgan 2.0

They might wait until right before MITB next year for Sheamus to cash-in because of his movie appearance in TAINT 2 (Teenage Alien Invader Ninja Turtles).

They should put the Title on Reigns now because
- He's got momentum
- Rollins is weak
- Title Program is dull as shit
- Rematch would be at TLC, meaning a new program for RR/FL (Ambrose? Hunter?)
- The Rumble has a higher possibility of not being a complete shitshow because Reigns can't win it (This years' was an even bigger disaster than last years', where people were cheering for Reigns at the end)
- It's also a down period for the company, so doing a title change to a guy they believe in can potentially spark interest while Brock and Cena are gone, right before Football season ends and Smackdown coming to USA next year

Assuming Reigns wins the Title and holds onto the Belt to Mania, I think the winner of the Rumble will be Cena.

*sits in armchair*

what if they were to do the opposite of last year

WMPlaybutton: Brick is champ, Roman is Rumble winner, Reigns can't get it done

WMStar: Rains is champ, Brock is the Rumble winner(in dominating fashion), Roman wins at the big stage, maybe heel turning to secure his win.

KingBroly

Banned
*sits in armchair*

what if they were to do the opposite of last year

WMPlaybutton: Brick is champ, Roman is Rumble winner, Reigns can't get it done

WMStar: Rains is champ, Brock is the Rumble winner(in dominating fashion), Roman wins at the big stage, maybe heel turning to secure his win.

They'll boo the shit out of him even harder. At least with Cena, you guarantee a 50:50 crowd

Kazzy

What's the general consensus on HIAC? I can't say that I thought any of the matches were actually good.

I used to think that people saying that the current style just everyone hitting their signature spots was hyperbole, but yeah, not anymore...

Top Bottom