• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
EDIT: That's such a shitty graphic. Doctor X, Super Parka and the wrong mask on Atlantis? What the fuck is this shit?

No Blue Panther or Ultimo(Dragon or Guerrero even) either

Negro Casas & Blue Panther vs Solar & Negro Navarro so good

Zach

Hey, super genius Data West. Is Ultimo Dragon as awesome as I think? Or does he suck in the big scheme of things? Please rank your Fave Fifty masked wrasslers.

Thank you in advance.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Reigns had the best matches of the main roster in the past 2 months

discuss

Nope.

tumblr_nwhz29OHkJ1srbyoyo1_500.gif

tm24

No Blue Panther or Ultimo(Dragon or Guerrero even) either

Negro Casas & Blue Panther vs Solar & Negro Navarro so good
Yeah, that list sucks as a whole. Lizmark jr is on that list too! No Averno is also a mistake

And yes, that match is so good. There's a few good solar vs Navarro matches out there that I still haven't watched that I need to get too

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sure hell in the cell vs a ok ppv but that doesn't prevent taker vs brock from being one of he moty.

MOVEZ or not, I still liked Cena/Owens 1 way better both from a pure performance perspective and from the perspective it was booked really well. I'm not even sure if any of the Lesnar/Taker matches would even move the needle for me, tbh. Even if we're just going for Lesnar matches, Lesnar/Cena/Rollins was a better match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hey, super genius Data West. Is Ultimo Dragon as awesome as I think? Or does he suck in the big scheme of things? Please rank your Fave Fifty masked wrasslers.

Thank you in advance.

Ultimo Dragon is arguably the most important wrestler in the modern era of indie wrestling blending of lucha libre and puroresu. He was the first guy to make that mainstream and his school(that he kind of fucked over) turned into the second biggest promotion in Japan where they all use his style of wrestling. He hasn't been near as important in a long time, but what he did for wrestling, probably unintentionally, is one of the most influential things in working a match history.
Yeah, that list sucks as a whole. Lizmark jr is on that list too! No Averno is also a mistake

And yes, that match is so good. There's a few good solar vs Navarro matches out there that I still haven't watched that I need to get too
No Mascara Sagrada either, I just realized

imBask

Banned
They were very impressive and excellent matches that all happened off-screen. You'll have to take my word for it.

what were those matches?

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/roman-reigns-6728.html

he fought bray 100 time, they we're all alright

his match against kofi was really good
the fatal 4 way was good

i'm not saying he's the best, but we've had some of the worst RAWs in history over the past month and he was the only one consistently putting out good matches

also checking out that list makes me real angry, he's been fighting the wyatts almost exclusively since JUNE

Comes with 3 kinect games.

However, I have been purchasing all the games with gold stuff for like two years now.

Just no Xbox One to play them.

Oh, so you have plenty then. I might be wrong but I don't think they're even offering a bundle with Kinect included this holiday season.

imBask

Banned
what about this gem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM55VbNBJVU

You put almost anyone else in his spot and they are more over.

Titus O'Neill would have been over as fuck with that kind of push.

probably, but I think Roman is stuck in that "Batista paradox"... they gave him the Rumble and the crowd rejected it because he wasn't ready/deserving at the time, so now he's boned forever

if Batista came back next monday he'd get boo'd out of the building, he's now classified as "that guy who won the rumble over Bryan" forever

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/roman-reigns-6728.html

he fought bray 100 time, they we're all alright

his match against kofi was really good
the fatal 4 way was good

i'm not saying he's the best, but we've had some of the worst RAWs in history over the past month and he was the only one consistently putting out good matches

also checking out that list makes me real angry, he's been fighting the wyatts almost exclusively since JUNE

I was actually asking genuinely, so thanks. I've never seen a match between him and Bray that I liked, though. I will check out the Kofi match. Reigns is the same as Finn Balor to me in that people keeping hyping him up, and I want to like him, but anytime I watch I'm left wanting. Reigns works best in gimmick and multi-man matches (his match with Big Show was fun at Extreme Rules) anytime he's asked to go one-on-one though I think he's bad. If he wins the title I'm hoping they just have him go ten minutes crushing people instead of trying to fit him into the typical 20 minute style that I don't think he's suited for.

I don't know shit, though.

Zach

Ultimo Dragon is arguably the most important wrestler in the modern era of indie wrestling blending of lucha libre and puroresu. He was the first guy to make that mainstream and his school(that he kind of fucked over) turned into the second biggest promotion in Japan where they all use his style of wrestling. He hasn't been near as important in a long time, but what he did for wrestling, probably unintentionally, is one of the most influential things in working a match history.

:O I should read up on the guy.

P.S. Still waiting on that Fave Fifty.

tm24

No Mascara Sagrada either, I just realized
Also not sure why Rayo Jr and LIzmark Jr are on there. Olimpico i can get but still wouldn't make my cut.

Also, i take back my Dr X comment because I forgot how he died

But when you're missing Volador Jr, Sombra, any of Los Infernales or even Super Muneco, your list blows

Dion314

Neo Member
probably, but I think Roman is stuck in that "Batista paradox"... they gave him the Rumble and the crowd rejected it because he wasn't ready/deserving at the time, so now he's boned forever

if Batista came back next monday he'd get boo'd out of the building, he's now classified as "that guy who won the rumble over Bryan" forever

Reigns is probably remembered more for being "the guy who won the Rumble over Bryan" than Batista. Bryan getting fucked out of the Rumble started his entire push. THATS why people hate him. I honestly think many wouldn't have a problem with Reigns' push if Bryan came back AFTER the Rumble

Ithil

Reigns is probably remembered more for being "the guy who won the Rumble over Bryan" than Batista. Bryan getting fucked out of the Rumble started his entire push. THATS why people hate him. I honestly think many wouldn't have a problem with Reigns' push if Bryan came back AFTER the Rumble

Nah, they'd have booed his ass at the Rumble either way. Bryan being there ratcheted it up to a more aggressive level but he was being booed in Philly no matter what.

Just remember he was fresh off "magic beeeeeeeans" at this point.

imBask

Banned

Bryan wasn't even in the Batista and it started that yes movement thing, people boo'd everything that came after and chanted yes for weeks...

jmdajr

unless you really want kinect, I'd wait.

I can see it going for $299 without Kinect on black friday. Last year it was $330 for the ass creed bundle.

So the bundle is essentially saving me 50 bucks.

But no "real " game.

If I wait for 299 with a game, I can get Kinect separate for 150.

All same no?

klonere

Banned
So Reigns can have good matches, is explosive in the ring, great physique, can pop the crowd with cool spots but struggles on the mic and has a very derivative, boring character that is in no way able to carry a show?

Sounds familiar....

tumblr_nvmdlf9dcX1qlhou3o1_400.gif

notworksafe

So the bundle is essentially saving me 50 bucks.

But no "real " game.

If I wait for 299 with a game, I can get Kinect separate for 150.

All same no?
Wait for black friday X1 deals with a game and buy kinect used imo. it's just a camera and there are plenty of used ones at BB and GS.

Ithil

So Reigns can have good matches, is explosive in the ring, great physique, can pop the crowd with cool spots but struggles on the mic and has a very derivative, boring character that is in no way able to carry a show?

Sounds familiar....

tumblr_nvmdlf9dcX1qlhou3o1_400.gif

Except Cesaro can have incredible matches and has never really been given any chance to have a character.

Top Bottom