• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

jmdajr

What's the community's thoughts on Kurt Angle ever coming back to WWE in the near future? I am surprised he has been in TNA for so long.

I am pretty sure he would make a return in some capacity, but love to see him come back before he could be considered as a "WWE Legend".

I would love that but seems most think he's a huge liability.

What's the community's thoughts on Kurt Angle ever coming back to WWE in the near future? I am surprised he has been in TNA for so long.

I am pretty sure he would make a return in some capacity, but love to see him come back before he could be considered as a "WWE Legend".

Jeff Hardy has a better chance of returning than Angle. Let that sink in. I don't want him to come back mainly because I want him to stop wrestling and not die in the ring, but Angle is dead-set on doing just that.

Aiii

So not worth it
ddf1urqt.gif

I think they'd take him back if he agreed to never wrestle

shanafan

I would love that but seems most think he's a huge liability.

Jeff Hardy has a better chance of returning than Angle. Let that sink in. I don't want him to come back mainly because I want him to stop wrestling and not die in the ring, but Angle is dead-set on doing just that.

Has been suffering health problems? I haven't been up with Angle since he left WWE. Or, is he in a similar shape to someone like Edge that the next move in the ring could end his career?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I think the problem is that WWE would never clear the guy to wrestle. WWE is terrified at the concept of "a man dies in the ring" the way other companies don't really give a shit about since they have a lot more to lose.

bjork

https://youtu.be/qeNBnC8nO1A

1) can't believe wwe,never did flair/hogan.

2) it's amazing how the undertaker lasted so long. Dude was hogan monster #4323

I was watching a Brother Love shoot just yesterday, and they asked him about this. He said the problem was that they saw a separation of WWF fans and fans of other feds, so it wouldn't make sense to the casual that this guy came in from nowhere and suddenly he's fighting Hogan. He said the 92 RR "made" him with the WWF audience, but Hogan was tied up with Sid.

I haven't seen the matches, but they did actually wrestle in house show matches. Supposedly the response was poor, so I'm not sure if Brother Love is right and that response is what they based it on, or if the matches themselves were not hot.

I *only* would want to see him as a manager or some kind of figurehead role. But I hope he gets some kind of return just to complete the loop in his career.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why do people care if 90s WWF Flair/Hogan happened? Instead he got a superior feud with superior Macho Man.

Hex

Banned

I do not know about the community but I think it would be a disgrace.
Especially if they actually put him over someone, which would be even more digustingly stupid.
He is a nutjob who should have hung it up long back and could have gone out properly but could not do so.

Angry Grimace

It was the dream match of the day, same as people wanting Austin/Goldberg or whatever in the late 90s.

As the target audience at the time it happened I can assure you it was not the dream match of the day.

Angry Grimace

You weren't the target audience. You can't buy shit when you're 8.

I think you should go back and look at what WWF was putting out in 1992 if you don't think 8-12 year olds were the target audience.

bjork

I think you should go back and look at what WWF was putting out in 1992 if you don't think 8-12 year olds were the target audience.

I think it's always been 18-34s, even if you could go buy cereal with Hogan on the box and they had wrestling morticians and shit. Always.

Zach

All I see of the game are commercials in FFx4 speed on my DVR and glitch gifs on this thread.

Is the game, or any of these WWE 2K___ games, actually fun?

Heck if I know. I've only played it for a couple hours and 99% of that was me creating a guy. >_>

16 weeks not watching, aside from the taker raw the other day. I don't think I'm going back. I like Ambrose but they aren't going to treat him right. Maybe if Bryan comes back.

All I see of the game are commercials in FFx4 speed on my DVR and glitch gifs on this thread.

Is the game, or any of these WWE 2K___ games, actually fun?

From what I understand, they have things to screw around with to distract from the broken core. Created wrestlers and stuff. I've long stopped giving them chances.

I was watching a Brother Love shoot just yesterday, and they asked him about this. He said the problem was that they saw a separation of WWF fans and fans of other feds, so it wouldn't make sense to the casual that this guy came in from nowhere and suddenly he's fighting Hogan. He said the 92 RR "made" him with the WWF audience, but Hogan was tied up with Sid.

I haven't seen the matches, but they did actually wrestle in house show matches. Supposedly the response was poor, so I'm not sure if Brother Love is right and that response is what they based it on, or if the matches themselves were not hot.

I *only* would want to see him as a manager or some kind of figurehead role. But I hope he gets some kind of return just to complete the loop in his career.
You've probably seen this one

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a11vt_hulk-hogan-vs-ric-flair-11-30-1991_sport

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Hope he never comes back and never wrestles again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kurt Angle burned out all of his goodwill.

Kurt can fuck off. I got no interest in seeing that dude again and I was one of his biggest fans.

Top Bottom