• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Ithil

What I learned from Nia Jax' match is that her opponent seemed pretty good and probably should get signed.
Also Gable and Jordan are great, but I knew that.

somedevil

People used to shit on Jason Jordan, right?

Yep, but he was generic without Charisma. Then they partnered him with Gable who basically made him interesting and gave him a Charisma boost.

Gable basically saved Jordan from being cut and becoming a guy with a tons of talent who couldn't find what was missing.

Meltz saying Del Rio,cost 1.45 million.

Vince desperate

Well if Papa Mac think it'll move that needle

giphy.gif

Fox318

Vince desperate
They need Latino talent desperately and they have no connections in much a and their standards are stupid (must be over 6'2" for example).

He's worth every penny to them until somebody tells Vince to shove it when it comes to booking of Latino performers.

Espically Vince not liking masks. Pentagon jr would be a fucking megastar for them but wwe likes to pretend they are a bodybuilding organization.

Plus I honestly think that their is major resentment from how champs like del Rio and Rey were booked and sabotaged like with Rey.

somedevil

They need Latino talent desperately and they have no connections in much a and their standards are stupid (must be over 6'2" for example).

He's worth every penny to them until somebody tells Vince to shove it when it comes to booking of Latino performers.

Espically Vince not liking masks. Pentagon jr would be a fucking megastar for them but wwe likes to pretend they are a bodybuilding organization.

Plus I honestly think that their is major resentment from how champs like del Rio and Rey were booked and sabotaged like with Rey.

Your using the bodybuilding point when that is dead.

The problem right now like Court Bauer says is they don't have any contacts in Mexico like they do in America to find latino talent. The best talent is in lucha underground who also work for the major wrestling companies down there. I doubt they are willing to work with the WWE when they know they want there talents.

Gonzalez

Banned

Vince desperate
You know I was kinda not feeling Del Rio's return at first. But this past Sunday, and Monday I was very impressed by his performances.

Plus, he seems to connect with crowds naturally like no one has before in the recent past. Fans were red hot for him on Monday. So he seems to be worth every penny.

Fox318

Your using the bodybuilding point when that is dead.

The problem right now like Court Bauer says is they don't have any contacts in Mexico like they do in America to find latino talent. The best talent is in lucha underground who also work for the major wrestling companies down there. I doubt they are willing to work with the WWE when they know they want there talents.
Still don't you think Vince could just write a check for aaa wrestlers? I mean they have lost 2 big stars recently and it's not like things have been great for the company.

klonere

Banned
Still don't you think Vince could just write a check for aaa wrestlers? I mean they have lost 2 big stars recently and it's not like things have been great for the company.

I think Vince shoulda given Kalisto more of a shot than two fucking weeks of a push in a tag team with Sin Cara where he never ever cut a promo or had any vingettes.

Coulda saved a packet if he was willing to build on Kalisto but I guess that's beyond him.

somedevil

I don't know the contract situation with Triple A. The bigger problem is Lucha Underground. They are interested in some of those talents but as long as the show exists they can't touch them.

So no Pentagon, no Angélico and no Ricochet until the promotion is dead or they release them from the contracts.

Plus Samoa Joe just killed off Tyler.

Ithil

Joe's story of his career on Table for 3 is pretty funny, he gets back from Japan to the States in the mid 2000s, goes to ROH for a while then....is in WWE in 2015. Slight gap missing.

Check this out about the BFA

I was asked before the fight with Bart if I won would I fight Butterbean. I had said yes as did Bart. Bart won by KO against me and Butterbean was the guy who stepped up to fight him.
Butterbean had offered to throw the fight-is what we all understood at the Wrestlemania party-if I am wrong, then we all had bad info and I apologize. But I don’t believe I am. Butterbean for sure told WWE he would make it a long fight, WWE said to make it a shoot. So Butterbean trained for a shoot fight with Bart.

Butterbean, a good guy, later explained to us that while Bart hit like the best heavyweight boxers in the world-that he would never touch ‘Bean. ‘Bean said to us he had over 200 pro fights and that Bart while double tough had no chance against a pro.
We were shocked; no one thought Bart would lose. However, Shamrock and I snuck over to watch ‘Bean warming up and saw how hard and how quick he was we knew there could be trouble. I didn’t realize, like everyone then, that a good pro can beat a great amateur easily.

The fact that Shamrock was in shock is eye popping.

In all seriousness, if WWE wanted Dr. Death to win the BFA they should've made it scripted. Then have Williams beat guys like Mero, Blackman, and Shamrock. But he had no fucking chance period against them in a real shoot. Luckily two of them got pulled or else Bart wouldn't have won either.

Heroman

Banned
Joe's story of his career on Table for 3 is pretty funny, he gets back from Japan to the States in the mid 2000s, goes to ROH for a while then....is in WWE in 2015. Slight gap missing.
The main reason I watched it was to see if joe would mention Tna.

I think Vince shoulda given Kalisto more of a shot than two fucking weeks of a push in a tag team with Sin Cara where he never ever cut a promo or had any vingettes.

Coulda saved a packet if he was willing to build on Kalisto but I guess that's beyond him.

That dude is pure money, vince is dumb as fuck for not pushing him.

DMczaf

I love how the Gable chant to Angle's theme song has turned into "Gable....Jordan....Gable....Jordan"

Jordan deserves respect too!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The same thing happened during Xavier Woods talk...he just mysteriously is in WWE with no mention of what he was doing from 2006 to 2009.

DMczaf

I love how NXT tag teams have such different styles and personalities. It makes these matches so much better. Reminds me of WCW/NWA.

We straight up got an Arn Anderson tag team!

Answered my own question and watched NXT.

Hands down my favorite tag team is Jordan/Gable. Both tremendous talents. They're both the hot tag! Ciampa/Gargano were no slouch either those guys are awesome.

Top Bottom