• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

somedevil

I love how the new thing is Emma wants no part of Asuka but Dana wants her to fight her because Asuka kick to her head concussed her and made her believe that she won.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Night Only is a fantastic WWF PPV. It's basically the real formation of proto DX.

The next night on RAW is also historic being the first time Austin stuns McMahon. Though I must give credit to the AMAZING match between Pillman and Owen that goes on right before it. Put the two together as one giant angle and you have one of my favorite RAW angles of all time.

UberTag

Joe's story of his career on Table for 3 is pretty funny, he gets back from Japan to the States in the mid 2000s, goes to ROH for a while then....is in WWE in 2015. Slight gap missing.
This whole "pretending TNA doesn't exist" nonsense is just insulting at this point. Why can't you just acknowledge it with disdain like the joke of the wrestling company that it is? I mean, even Ring of Honor gets acknowledged and it's more respected, commands a larger TV audience and has some semblance of a future.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
JJ had nothing to do with ROH, that's why!

TNA will be folded in when WWE buys their tape library in the next decade, but by then the nostalgia will be largely wasted as most TNA stars are old as fuck or WWE bros anyways.

Anth0ny

sting acknowledged tna on his new wwe dvd documentary thing

that might have been the first time they acknowledged tna in some form on an official wwe product lol

Zach

I hope not. Having never seen him on the ring before NXT, I'm massively unimpressed by his performance.

Samoa Joe seems good enough for a shot at the big time if you ask me. He's got a unique look (not everyone can pull off silk boxer shorts as ring attire) and seems solid on the mic. I say call him up and let him challenge Kevin Owens and see how that goes.

Meltzer gave Wyatt/Reigns less than 4 stars, WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW, ROMAN STANS?!

But seriously dude's been doing the work of his career and amping it up when he needs to be. Work on the stick and you'll have something going, Big Dawg. I of all people should know that mic skills aren't everything, it's the charisma and presence that can compensate for that fully and with Roman in that fatal-4-way main event Monday, that dude looked READY.

I think he's taking the title come Survivor Series and dare I say he probably should. Could be a breath of fresh air for the company and he's been pretty good. Not my favorite, but it's hard to deny the man's talent!

Meltzer gave Wyatt/Reigns less than 4 stars, WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW, ROMAN STANS?!

But seriously dude's been doing the work of his career and amping it up when he needs to be. Work on the stick and you'll have something going, Big Dawg. I of all people should know that mic skills aren't everything, it's the charisma and presence that can compensate for that fully and with Roman in that fatal-4-way main event Monday, that dude looked READY.

I think he's taking the title come Survivor Series and dare I say he probably should. Could be a breath of fresh air for the company and he's been pretty good. Not my favorite, but it's hard to deny the man's talent!

Talk about feint praise. Work of his career? This is like the end of his first year a singles guy.

MG310

Crimson (that's this guy in a bodysuit right) pulled a Miz on him

zVqYLVe.gif

Suicide. It's either Kazarian or Daniels under the mask at that time.

I think it's the lack of cartoony bullshit(Scarf, sports cars, pyro, and personal ring announcer) that has allowed his natural charisma to breath.

Yep. No goofy smile, looks like he is going to fuck shit up, tall and more intimidating, and he just has more intensity in the ring

MexAmerica makes no sense, but it's just so interesting to watch Zeb.

They should turn We the People into Viva Del Rio

"I would like to kind of just disappear, from wrestling fans and stuff. I don't want to forget the fans and what they've done. They've supported me and stuff, but at the same time, I'd like to just ... I don't want to be hanging on like one of these wrestlers who's sixty years old, saying, 'Hey, I'm a wrestler.' Let it go. Make your money out of it and get on. Going out and performing...it's an art. I'd like fans to remember me as a guy who would go out and entertain them, give them quality matches. Not just the same old garbage every week...”

bjork

"I would like to kind of just disappear, from wrestling fans and stuff. I don't want to forget the fans and what they've done. They've supported me and stuff, but at the same time, I'd like to just ... I don't want to be hanging on like one of these wrestlers who's sixty years old, saying, 'Hey, I'm a wrestler.' Let it go. Make your money out of it and get on. Going out and performing...it's an art. I'd like fans to remember me as a guy who would go out and entertain them, give them quality matches. Not just the same old garbage every week...”

My personal enjoyment of wrasslin has definitely suffered without him. I might go so far as to say my full interest in it died when he did.

Striker

Fucking Vince.

Kyari

Undertaker announced for the UK tour, debuting on Smackdown....

I only have tickets to Raw ... :(

Should I cave and try to get Smackdown tickets or do you guys think he'll show up on raw anyway?

bjork

If you really want to see UT live, sounds like that might be the only time to do so? Who knows if he's gonna be around this time next year.

Top Bottom