• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Gonzalez

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

Lana what happened?

bjork

He did house shows for the Mexico tour recently too.

I can't believe I'm disappointed to have raw tickets instead of Smackdown :/

Don't feel too bad, the last time I bought Raw tickets was well in advance, only to show up and Spirit Squad was a thing by then. They were in the main event, no less.

This has to be Taker's last run if he's doing more stuff like this, instead of saving himself for the Mania build.

The way Mania 30 turned out probably shook him.

This has to be Taker's last run if he's doing more stuff like this, instead of saving himself for the Mania build.

I was just thinking about that this morning.

Did he just get up one day and say "I want to work more"? This must be his ending run.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I think Undertaker just wakes up everyday and thinks to himself, "Do I still got something left?" The day he'll retire is the day he says no.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm with Bronson on this one, he probably realised that if he wanted to not die in the ring at Mania 31, he needed more time to get back into ring-shape and used to bumping.

I'm with Bronson on this one, he probably realised that if he wanted to not die in the ring at Mania 31, he needed more time to get back into ring-shape and used to bumping.

And let's be real here, the Brock stuff is waaay harder on him then these house shows where he doesn't even have to bump if he doesn't want to. It's about ring rust.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine for a moment that the ISEC has no idea what actual health problems Taker had, or has addressed, and it all makes sense

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, watch Smackdown. Bo Dallas is trying to scare people in multiple segments.

This is something I really need to work on seeing. Fortunately it'll be up on the Network shortly, if not already.

...for house shows?

Live attendance still accounts for a large portion of the company's quarterly revenue, and attendance has been flat (http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/08/02/key-takeaways-from-wwes-2nd-quarter-results/) over the past 18 quarters. If you assume that you need about 2500 paying attendees to break even for non-televised live shows (http://indeedwrestling.blogspot.com/2015/09/how-much-does-it-cost-wwe-to-run-house.html?m=1) combined with a cold product, you can assume that WWE will make sure that it will pull in someone notable like 'Taker for house shows when Orton and Cena are out.

And I hate taking analysis from one person as definitive, but Chris "mookieghana" Harrington's analysis of WWE's financials are usually on the mark.

Aiii

So not worth it
This is something I really need to work on seeing. Fortunately it'll be up on the Network shortly, if not already.

The day we talk about facts instead of fictional backstage scenario's is the day wrestling dies Vinny Mac.

Do you want wrestling to die, is that what you're after?

Watched Table for 3

What an entertaining episode. Bo in particular was quite interesting. I couldn't help but think he comes across as an intense guy who incidentally smiles and jokes. Like, any second, he could drop the laughs and go apeshit. Regardless, his war stories with Neville, particularly "Malaysia" was too funny.

Top button though. Did not see thay coming. Joe seems like a legit cool and collected guy. Very diplomatic.

Neville's tendency to talk with his mouth full of apple turned me off. Joe and Bo came off great though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Neville's tendency to talk with his mouth full of apple turned me off. Joe and Bo came off great though.

He was raised in a barn, so...par for the course. I hear he doesn't do it during second breakfast, however.

Also watched Breaking Ground last night. The Shatner narration is a little distracting because Shatner's voice is very distinctive, but it's a small gripe. I really hope Baron Corbin wears a helmet when he rides his bike; Mojo giving him shit for eating a burrito bowl while everyone else was setting up the ring was priceless, even if it made Mojo look like a passive aggressive shit. The Sabby stuff was good, but I want more of Matt Bloom, Sara Amato, and Norman Smiley. Bloom in particular came off very personable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also watched Breaking Ground last night. The Shatner narration is a little distracting because Shatner's voice is very distinctive, but it's a small gripe. I really hope Baron Corbin wears a helmet when he rides his bike; Mojo giving him shit for eating a burrito bowl while everyone else was setting up the ring was priceless, even if it made Mojo look like a passive aggressive shit. The Sabby stuff was good, but I want more of Matt Bloom, Sara Amato, and Norman Smiley. Bloom in particular came off very personable.

Mojo looked like a humongous piece of shit to be around. Fuck Mojo. I've dealt with plenty of people in my life like that when I just want to mind my own business and they're all terrible. Mojo can go fuck himself for eternity.

Jamie OD

was the table for 3 good? did Joe mention TNA even once?

It was enjoyable yet felt a little odd at first. The conversation sounded a little like Bo was interviewing the other two rather than all three just having a chat. Joe completely ignored TNA. The timeline he spoke about was training in California for UPW, wrestling in Japan for a few years with Zero1, working in ROH and now here he is in WWE. There's some funny stories like the NXT backstage rap group and the time Neville crushed Bo with his finisher. Also talk about what FCW was like as well as the changeover to NXT. They also talk about handling the pressures of being the show's main champion.

I think you're right

I feel like Survivor Series or the next PPV after will be the last matches of Undertaker

Who will finally put Undertaker to rest? I think it will be Kane and they both walk out off the arena together.

Mahonay

Banned
Matt Bloom is very obviously night and day coming off of Hugh G. Rection. Probably playing a
large part in the reported sky high morale in amongst the current NXT roster.

Looking forward to the next Breaking Ground for damn sure. WWE is definitely correcting couse with it's original programming, because holy shit were those first line of original Network shows bad (or at least subpar).

shout out to my boy RP. We miss you, bud. Hope you see this and your ban is up soon. Just letting you know you were on my mind the other day and I miss your innocence and general positive nature.

dance-moms-the-road-to-nationals-ends-here-do-L-WajQxM.gif

Mahonay

Banned
I genuinely have no sympy for the fairly high number of contributers in here that are banned.

As most people in here I've been banned before too. It's not a huge deal and it's usually always deserved.

jmdajr

WWE wanted to sign Tough Enough contestant Giorgia Piscina, but something “troubling” was discovered in her past. Meltzer commented on the matter on the Wrestling Observer message boards, noting the matter was “really big” but he did not know exactly what it was.

hmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmm

Mahonay

Banned
Top Bottom