• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

I genuinely have no sympy for the fairly high number of contributers in here that are banned.

As most people in here I've been banned before too. It's not a huge deal and it's usually always deserved.

Tons of people in the world are banned daily. Someone is being banned as we speak. But just you wait till someone close to you is banned, and you'll know how it feels, friend. Sometimes... sometimes they just don't come back. And you have to cherish the time you have with them while they're still around. And sometimes it is questionable, where the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Remember when Kev came in here and warned us all about the fat jokes? He could've straight up banned everyone to make a point, but he didn't and the community was better for it. I believe in the idea of being told what you're doing is wrong and hurtful to other/community, and if it persists, then well... you were warned, right..?

I bolieve people can change.

Verendus

Banned
ROMAN REIGNS.

Is competing for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. It seems like we are getting one step closer to the destined rematch of Barack vs. Reigns, with Reigns walking in as the defending champion.

I'm kind of hoping Ambrose doesn't go all heel on Reigns. He needs to do the right thing, and stop a Sheamus cash in since that's bound to be attempted. They can save the heel turn for after Wrestlemania. It's about the greater good for now. We all know Sheamus shouldn't be anywhere near the title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I genuinely have no sympy for the fairly high number of contributers in here that are banned.

As most people in here I've been banned before too. It's not a huge deal and it's usually always deserved.

Not always deserved. I can say without the slightest hint of lie that all of my bans were unwarranted. I miss RP as well. His ban message told him to bring his own chair
EvhMhF8.gif

And I can say with certainty that my ban was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Take me out of the equation and I'd probably still get mad over how little sense it made.

Mahonay

Banned
Tons of people in the world are banned daily. Someone is being banned as we speak. But just you wait till someone close to you is banned, and you'll know how it feels, friend. Sometimes... sometimes they just don't come back. And you have to cherish the time you have with them while they're still around. And sometimes it is questionable, where the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Remember when Kev came in here and warned us all about the fat jokes? He could've straight up banned everyone to make a point, but he didn't and the community was better for it. I believe in the idea of being told what you're doing is wrong and hurtful to other/community, and if it persists, then well... you were warned, right..?

I bolieve people can change.
Across the board GAF tends to be pretty strict about people being outwardly insensitive and contentious, even if it's supposed to be a joke. Can't really act surprised when the hammer comes down. If you're not a junior, you know how things work.

Verendus

Banned
In an ideal world, both Barack and Reigns would be competing for a vacant title at Wrestlemania so we could get them both in the Royal Rumble.

Sheamus cashes in at Survivor Series before the match is over, and Dean costs him, making it a no-contest. You just need to then drag it out another month and create a situation to vacate the title at Royal Rumble. Reigns can face Sheamus in the meantime so he's out of the title picture. Then do a tournament that ends at Fast Lane to determine who faces Barack (Roman Rumble winner) for the title at Wrestlemania. This is where Reigns can win, and Rollins can transition into a match with Jimmy Hit me with that Triple H.

Reigns fails at Survivor Series, fails at Royal Rumble when Barack eliminates him last, but finally succeeds at Wrasslin'Mania. That way there's also a better story behind the rematch.

This shit is genius, I tell you. I tell you it is.

Alternatively, Reigns walks in as the defending champion, but I kind of really want that Royal Rumble where both Reigns and Barack enter as number one and two respectively.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of bans, why does gaming-side want you banned, Verendus? Are they being a bunch of children over there? Do they think they are "owed" a video game?

Aiii

So not worth it
Both my bans felt unwarranted.

The first one was another guy bringing some outside beef into DutchGAF, which caused Kabouter to ban us both for two weeks. I get it, but I feel I was dragged into that one.

The second one was for a comment which was misinterpreted as thread shitting. I can see how they reached that conclusion, but wasn't my intention. But oh well, it is what it is. I learned to think thrice before posting a comment outside of community.

Verendus

Banned
Also, another reason why I think Ambrose should wait to turn on Romanian Reigns. Let's be real. They got a good thing going with their bromance (I'm assuming but I don't actually know so just roll with me), so you have to pay it off well. It's better if Ambrose keeps Roman's back, but then beats the shit out of him the night after Wrasslin'Mania. You could even have Reigns drop the title to Ambrose at Extreme Rules then because he's legit shook. Then he can keep the belt for a solid few months. Reigns can take it back at Summerslam or something.

Good way to build to that would be to have Ambrose beat Orton, and maybe Sting, on the way to that turn.

Edit:

Also, because the sweetest betrayals are the ones you don't see coming. You have to strike when it means most.

Speaking of bans, why does gaming-side want you banned, Verendus? Are they being a bunch of children over there? Do they think they are "owed" a video game?
What do you mean?

Alucard

Banned
CSfJMUaWEAAOjt_.png

I guess there is something to this Network-sub plateau of 1,2m.

Did they ever say how many regular subscribers they'd need to start making money? Assuming they're taking losses for a couple of years.

But yeah, no interest in the Network with the state of the current product over the past few years.

Cagey

Banned
If you don't want to get banned and you're not posting stupid shit, aggressively use the ignore list and don't take swings at the made men or women around these parts. Simple stuff.

Also, another reason why I think Ambrose should wait to turn on Romanian Reigns. Let's be real. They got a good thing going with their bromance (I'm assuming but I don't actually know so just roll with me), so you have to pay it off well. It's better if Ambrose keeps Roman's back, but then beats the shit out of him the night after Wrasslin'Mania. You could even have Reigns drop the title to Ambrose at Extreme Rules then because he's legit shook. Then he can keep the belt for a solid few months. Reigns can take it back at Summerslam or something.

Good way to build to that would be to have Ambrose beat Orton, and maybe Sting, on the way to that turn.

Edit:

Also, because the sweetest betrayals are the ones you don't see coming. You have to strike when it means most.

Attitude Era Reigns and Ambrose would get into a bar fight and Ambrose would think Reigns didn't have his back and then away we go.

Verendus

Banned
Friends, the Reigns train is going to be unstoppable this year.

Last year, it was very lonely, but this year, it's no longer One Versus All. Hell, it may not even be ONE MAN, ALONE. We need a new slogan. Something creative that acknowledges the fact that WrassleGAF is slowly getting behind the best thing going in the WWE.

Edit:

CAGEY, WE MADE IT.

Barrage

It was said on that twitter account, but essentially WWE is gonna hope that the Network boosts its numbers during the Road to WM, and then just try to hang onto the new subscribers during the rest of the year.

9 months of stagnation is gonna be a tough sell to stockholders, but them being very profitable right now is going to help.

Mahonay

Banned
If you don't want to get banned and you're not posting stupid shit, aggressively use the ignore list and don't take swings at the made men or women around these parts. Simple stuff.
Purrrrrty much.

Even if the person is clearly insane or an idiot, you've really got to try and resist. It's what got me banned the one time.
It was said on that twitter account, but essentially WWE is gonna hope that the Network boosts its numbers during the Road to WM, and then just try to hang onto the new subscribers during the rest of the year.

9 months of stagnation is gonna be a tough sell to stockholders, but them being very profitable right now is going to help.
If they can up the quality as we head into Mania it's doable.

That's a big fucking if.

Bronx-Man

Banned

Wasn't that the plan from the start?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What do you mean?

Definitely some upset people. I can only assume it's for some stupid shit because of the "I want my fucking JRPG" because looooooooooooooooool at that behavior

I am sure that I am not alone when I say this but I was hyped about the so called AAA JRPG from SCE Japan.

#BanVerendus :(

Instead of banning Dualshockers, why not ban Verendus?

NOPE NOPE NOPE
Also #BanVerendus, I want my fucking JRPG from Sony :'(

Cagey

Banned
People want Verendus banned? He was the keeper of the FF7 Remake flame. Those people must be bad people and I don't like them.

Friends, the Reigns train is going to be unstoppable this year.

Last year, it was very lonely, but this year, it's no longer One Versus All. Hell, it may not even be ONE MAN, ALONE. We need a new slogan. Something creative that acknowledges the fact that WrassleGAF is slowly getting behind the best thing going in the WWE.

Edit:

CAGEY, WE MADE IT.

Right on brother.

tumblr_nwbxd5Wpxi1tqjisao3_250.gif

We always knew we would.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny got banned because of Not Naked Nagata right?

It was a tasteful nude. No genitalia. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I also see the double standard.

Also it was a snitch who did me in. Another reason to support Omerta.

Mahonay

Banned
Right on brother.

tumblr_nwbxd5Wpxi1tqjisao3_250.gif

We always knew we would.
Doesn't change the partwhere Reigns was hot dripping garbage going into Fastlane.

Reigns could have easily been top baby face well before this point if Vince didn't keep feeding him those dreadful fucking promos. Sad part is that he's still getting saddled with them as recent as two weeks ago.

Some could reasonably complain that Reigns is getting booked too strong, too obviously at the moment, but that's what you need right now. Interested to if they can keep his momentum through Survivor Series. Could be the final turnaround for Reigns.
The FF7 remake will come out the day Reigns gets over with the crowds.
Well he was over last Monday so...

Bronx-Man

Banned
Doesn't change the partwhere Reigns was hot dripping garbage going into Fastlane.

Reigns could have easily been top baby face well before this point if Vince didn't keep feeding him those dreadful fucking promos. Sad part is that he's still getting saddled with them as recent as two weeks ago.

Some could reasonably complain that Reigns is getting booked too strong, too obviously at the moment, but that's what you need right now. Interested to if they can keep his momentum through Survivor Series. Could be the final turnaround for Reigns.

Well he was over last Monday so...
Reigns isn't over, the Superman Punch is over.

somedevil

Well reading the pay per view buys there was definite interest in that Sting vs Rollins match:

Up 29,000 of people wanting to bye a pay per view at full price to watch that Sting match. Though its to late for this to help his Observer hall of fame case.

edit: Also, WWE was the most viewed youtube channel in August the NXT pay per view was one the most watched show but the highest viewed show on the network was the Madison Square Garden show.

Fox318

So when do they start scripting reigns with dumb shit again?

Maybe he can talk about the old woman who lived in a shoe this time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So when do they start scripting reigns with dumb shut again?

They're still scripting Reigns

Difference is you like it

Mahonay

Banned
They're still scripting Reigns

Difference is you like it
Difference is when they keep it short and simple like they did on Monday. Badass Samoan shouldn't be giving us a fucking detailed synopsis of his current feud.

"This isn't boring...this is real life!"

I think the crowd reaction to that promo may have finally convinced Vince that his epic story presentations weren't working.

HT UK

Can anyone remember a promo once shown on Botchamania, where a guy finishes his promo starts and says something like

"Let's go, let's go, let's go....fuck this!" as he's walking off? I can't find the clip!

somedevil

So when do they start scripting reigns with dumb shit again?

He is scripted already. They just to need to short and to point with no comedy. Don't hand him war and peace and expect him to get it over.

He needs to be scripted because he doesn't have the ability to do it on the fly like Ambrose.

Top Bottom