• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Fox318

They're still scripting Reigns

Difference is you like it

He is scripted already. They just to need to short and to point with no comedy. Don't hand him war and peace and expect him to get it over.

He needs to be scripted because he doesn't have the ability to do it on the fly like Ambrose.
I understand that he is scripted. But I'm talking about super dumb promos that labeled him last year.

Mahonay

Banned
Now you're getting it
Big Show IWC darling confirmed.
Gd6AYrg.jpg

Friends, the Reigns train is going to be unstoppable this year.

Last year, it was very lonely, but this year, it's no longer One Versus All. Hell, it may not even be ONE MAN, ALONE. We need a new slogan. Something creative that acknowledges the fact that WrassleGAF is slowly getting behind the best thing going in the WWE.

Edit:

CAGEY, WE MADE IT.

Combo of #WeToldYou and #YouShouldaBaleed

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Catching up.

Telling you guys right now, you want to avoid mods riding our asses? Don't speak/post publicly about your bans or question mod judgement. There was another community thread that was wiped clean indefinitely for doing this last year. It's just not worth it and, besides, who gives a fudge when we're all (mostly) here now with the luxury of being able to discuss our passion for Wrasslin'?

Moving on.

wRhTjLQ.gif

imBask

Banned
Catching up.

Telling you guys right now, you want to avoid mods riding our asses? Don't speak/post publicly about your bans or question mod judgement. There was another community thread that was wiped clean indefinitely for doing this last year. It's just not worth it and, besides, who gives a fudge when we're all (mostly) here now with the luxury of being able to discuss our passion for Wrasslin'?

Moving on.

we're different

nwologo.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess if we're going off-topic again (imagine that) I should chip in.

Temple of Doom is the best because of its small scale. In this, Indy is still just a dude. It has some incredibly dope visuals and nobody forgets its major scenes. It knows when to be quiet, and when to be loud. Also, Mola Ram is easily the best bad guy the series has ever had. EASILY.

Temple of Doom is everything that defines Indiana Jones to me. It's goofy when it needs to be and serious when it calls for it. It's pretty much perfect. I love Last Crusade and Raiders as well, but none of them as much as Temple.

Everyone has different opinions and looks for different things in movies, Temple just did everything I wanted.

Sephzilla

Last Crusade >>>>>>> Raiders >>>>>>>> Temple

(Purely because Temple has been on TV to death over here the past few years)

I love Raiders but honestly the movie has pacing issues when compared to the sequels, and I don't like how Indy basically doesn't factor into Raiders' ending

bjork

Site's chugging for me atm, is there maintenance going on?

Anyway, in the grand tradition of me playing everything well after its release and liking it

Westerado. Good stuff!

Sephzilla

Indiana Jones is trash

here's why

ko5yTnN.png

Yeah but the good Indy movies came from an era where people weren't afraid to tell George Lucas some of his ideas were shit. That's why I always considered the original Indy trilogy more of a Spielberg joint than Lucas. Crystal Skull was more of a Lucas thing, Spielberg even admitted he basically just gave up and said Lucas could have his way with that one.

Sephzilla

To tie this back to wrasslin', George Lucas is basically the movie industry equivalent to Vince Russo. Both of them got exposed as fucking hacks after they no longer had anyone to filter out their shitty ideas.

Raiders is by far better-shot than its sequels, has more iconic scenes, and Indy not factoring majorly into the ending of Raiders is actually an interesting subversion. It's not a great movie, but it's enjoyable, whereas the sequels are totally unnecessary.

Edit: Lucas's problem is he embraced his inner hack instead of nurturing the inner artist that made THX 1138 and American Graffiti.

imBask

Banned
To tie this back to wrasslin', George Lucas is basically the movie industry equivalent to Vince Russo. Both of them got exposed as fucking hacks after they no longer had anyone to filter out their shitty ideas.

or Vince McMahon, a guy who knows how to make money and get away with the stupidest shit, and won't take no for an answer

Verendus

Banned
So any idea on who is helping Undertaker at Survivor Series? Kane must be one, but who will the other two end up being? I'm guessing Ambrose and Orton. I hope they do more than one elimination match this year though. Last years PPV was pretty bad from what I remember, but that elimination match was great.

Heroman

Banned
So any idea on who is helping Undertaker at Survivor Series? Kane must be one, but who will the other two end up being? I'm guessing Ambrose and Orton. I hope they do more than one elimination match this year though. Last years PPV was pretty bad from what I remember, but that elimination match was great.

Fake undertaker should be in it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Raiders is by far better-shot than its sequels, has more iconic scenes, and Indy not factoring majorly into the ending of Raiders is actually an interesting subversion. It's not a great movie, but it's enjoyable, whereas the sequels are totally unnecessary.

Edit: Lucas's problem is he embraced his inner hack instead of nurturing the inner artist that made THX 1138 and American Graffiti.

THX 1138 was SO goddamned good. Visually striking too.

ZIbtFVe.jpg

Finished JJ Dillon's book, "Wrestlers are like Seagulls", really good read. Like a lot of fans I didn't have much awareness of his career before he was managing the Horsemen, so it was great to read his recollections of that pre-cable era of wrestling and get an insight into JJ's career in the ring rather than outside of it. Later on (once he'd finished as an active wrestler) there's some great Vince stories, but that all ends on a real sour note and Dillon obviously held a lot of bitterness towards Vince and the way things ended with the WWF at the time he wrote the book. The WCW stuff was pretty fascinating, but revolves around the continuing theme of Dillon feeling undermined and underused by non-wrestling people like Bischoff who could've used his experience, etc and drives home the point of what a trainwreck WCW became. Anywho, the first half is a bit jumbled, JJ jumping quickly from anecdote to anecdote about his wrestling career and the crazy characters he worked with, while the second half goes into a lot of detail about the financial side of the wrestling business in both WWF and WCW, but it's well worth a read and available on kindle for those so inclined.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finished JJ Dillon's book, "Wrestlers are like Seagulls", really good read. Like a lot of fans I didn't have much awareness of his career before he was managing the Horsemen, so it was great to read his recollections of that pre-cable era of wrestling and get an insight into JJ's career in the ring rather than outside of it. Later on (once he'd finished as an active wrestler) there's some great Vince stories, but that all ends on a real sour note and Dillon obviously held a lot of bitterness towards Vince and the way things ended with the WWF at the time he wrote the book. The WCW stuff was pretty fascinating, but revolves around the continuing theme of Dillon feeling undermined and underused by non-wrestling people like Bischoff who could've used his experience, etc and drives home the point of what a trainwreck WCW became. Anywho, the first half is a bit jumbled, JJ jumping quickly from anecdote to anecdote about his wrestling career and the crazy characters he worked with, while the second half goes into a lot of detail about the financial side of the wrestling business in both WWF and WCW, but it's well worth a read and available on kindle for those so inclined.

Good to hear. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was missing some serious education about JJ Dillon, especially his management career and DEFINITELY his wrasslin career. It sounds like it's worth reading so I have an understanding of his career in a larger, more big picture mode.

I do love reading about pre-cable days. I find that fascinating and wish I could see more wrasslin that had nothing to do with cable, and no comparisons.

Top Bottom