• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just want to say Batista is one of the best things in Spectre. Not a bad Bond movie, but Big Daddy Dave was on fire.

He has that effect on pretty much all movies he's been in. Especially Wrong Side of Town, starring Rob Van Dam.

Good to hear. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was missing some serious education about JJ Dillon, especially his management career and DEFINITELY his wrasslin career. It sounds like it's worth reading so I have an understanding of his career in a larger, more big picture mode.

I do love reading about pre-cable days. I find that fascinating and wish I could see more wrasslin that had nothing to do with cable, and no comparisons.

It'd be great if there was more footage available of his wrestling days, Cornette said of him that "what most people don't know is that JJ's a better worker than most of the workers he managed". And yeah, the pre-cable era seems like wrestling's golden age, I love reading about that time - one of the good things about this book was that, by the time cable started, Dillon was involved in the backstage stuff in various territories and talks a lot about how most promoters simply weren't prepared or even aware of just how much cable would change their business. He credits Terry & Dory Funk Jr. as the only guys who saw it coming and sold up while the money was good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It'd be great if there was more footage available of his wrestling days, Cornette said of him that "what most people don't know is that JJ's a better worker than most of the workers he managed". And yeah, the pre-cable era seems like wrestling's golden age, I love reading about that time - one of the good things about this book was that, by the time cable started, Dillon was involved in the backstage stuff in various territories and talks a lot about how most promoters simply weren't prepared or even aware of just how much cable would change their business. He credits Terry & Dory Funk Jr. as the only guys who saw it coming and sold up while the money was good.

You ever read any of Dutch Mantell's books? I've been thinking about it. I don't get much time to sit down and read, so I haven't made the dive yet.

Brock back in December

Former WWE Champion Brock Lesnar will be wrestling on a major house show on Dec. 19 at the Forum in Los Angeles, CA.

The match is part of his new contract where, besides a few PPV and television shows, he agreed to work scattered house shows. In the past, all of his house show appearances (July at Sumo Hall in Tokyo against Kofi Kingston and October in Madison Square Garden against Big Show) also became WWE Network live special events.

You ever read any of Dutch Mantell's books? I've been thinking about it. I don't get much time to sit down and read, so I haven't made the dive yet.

I usually read for a half hour or so before I go to sleep, or on the train. Haven't read any of Dutch's books, didn't know he'd written any, I'll add them to the list though - think I'll go for Jack Brisco's book next, been meaning to read that one for a while.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE did a weird-ass photo shoot
tumblr_nwyh35Jrne1rg89a6o1_540.jpg

So any idea on who is helping Undertaker at Survivor Series? Kane must be one, but who will the other two end up being? I'm guessing Ambrose and Orton. I hope they do more than one elimination match this year though. Last years PPV was pretty bad from what I remember, but that elimination match was great.
Ted DiBiase Jr.(one night only)
Daniel Bryan

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Has Vince revealed the GWF roster yet?

Not yet. Seven people are complete. Going by memory here, but

Verendus
bean breath
Fox318
Yeezus Saves
Bronx-Man

Two more...but I can't remember off of the top of my head right now. More to come, because it has to be able to "fill" Universe mode.

EDIT: dmczaf is in

Recall

Finished JJ Dillon's book, "Wrestlers are like Seagulls", really good read. Like a lot of fans I didn't have much awareness of his career before he was managing the Horsemen, so it was great to read his recollections of that pre-cable era of wrestling and get an insight into JJ's career in the ring rather than outside of it. Later on (once he'd finished as an active wrestler) there's some great Vince stories, but that all ends on a real sour note and Dillon obviously held a lot of bitterness towards Vince and the way things ended with the WWF at the time he wrote the book. The WCW stuff was pretty fascinating, but revolves around the continuing theme of Dillon feeling undermined and underused by non-wrestling people like Bischoff who could've used his experience, etc and drives home the point of what a trainwreck WCW became. Anywho, the first half is a bit jumbled, JJ jumping quickly from anecdote to anecdote about his wrestling career and the crazy characters he worked with, while the second half goes into a lot of detail about the financial side of the wrestling business in both WWF and WCW, but it's well worth a read and available on kindle for those so inclined.

Do you have a fav five of wrestling books as I always enjoy reading about the periods I know nothing about?

Verendus
bean breath
Fox318
Yeezus Saves
Bronx-Man

Two more...but I can't remember off of the top of my head right now. More to come, because it has to be able to "fill" Universe mode.

Do we have to own the game in order to be in? I don't have a PS4 nor 2K16.

Bronx-Man

Banned

Verendus
bean breath
Fox318
Yeezus Saves
Bronx-Man

Time to show these mid-carders the Power Cosmic.

DMczaf

Verendus
bean breath
Fox318
Yeezus Saves
Bronx-Man

F for #FireLovie

This veteran part-timer is filled with hope for the future :)

A future where I'm still taking a spot from some young punk.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Insanity. I find her voice super hot.

Bullshit. you just find her super hot so you find her voice hot by extension. It's the same way people think basically any accent is hot (when it comes from a hot girl)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Verendus
bean breath
Fox318
Yeezus Saves
Bronx-Man

Buried to the undercard. And they said hard work would pay off.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's not even a Z in my name. Doesn't make any sense.

It was during your "Datazord" transformation. Now we're firmly entrenched in Data West. No Zords.

So what would work best...hmmm...

klonere

Banned

Verendus
bean breath
Fox318
Yeezus Saves
Bronx-Man

smh look at all these old timers taking up spots that should be filled with the young talent that is the real foundation of this thread

mWo is real

Bullshit. you just find her super hot so you find her voice hot by extension. It's the same way people think basically any accent is hot (when it comes from a hot girl)

The husky North Dub accent can be very very endearing on a girl. Trust me.

Zach

Am I not in the thing now? After all that creating and uploading? I should've known you'd stab me in the back, Vince McMahon.

Top Bottom