• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Not yet. Seven people are complete. Going by memory here, but

Verendus
bean breath
Fox318
Yeezus Saves
Bronx-Man

Two more...but I can't remember off of the top of my head right now. More to come, because it has to be able to "fill" Universe mode.

EDIT: dmczaf is in

Ah, yes, my subjects. You'll all be crowned in due time.

Do you have a fav five of wrestling books as I always enjoy reading about the periods I know nothing about?

Stan Hansen's book 'The Last Outlaw' is probably the most comprehensive look at what it's like to be a gaijin wrestler in Japan, I'd definitely recommend that one - similarly, 'Masked Decisions' by The Destroyer is a great read as well with some good info on wrestling in the 60's and how wrestling got started in Japan. The Destroyer became something of a cultural icon over there and as far as I know there's no other English language book that touches on those pre-NJPW/AJPW days. Lou Thesz's book 'Hooker' is a must read for sure, there was a lot Lou didn't like about wrestling by the end of his career, but it's a great look at his philosophy of what wrestling should be. He also goes quite in-depth looking at the history of pro-wrestling in the US, which was certainly interesting. Gary Hart's 'My Life in Wrestling' is fantastic, he was one of the smartest men in the business and gives a very frank account of his life and career. Well worth hunting that one down. I'd probably put JJ's book in my top five as well, unless there's any I've forgotten.

A couple I'd mention as well, Billy Robinson's 'Physical Chess' has some great info on the British catch-as-catch-can style and Billy's time in Japan and then the AWA, but it's rather on the short side. 'The Cowboy and the Cross' by Bill Watts has a ton of info on Mid-South, as you'd expect, but is super preachy and Watts comes across as a bully and has a tendency to ramble on for pages about American football.

Sephzilla

3 Data Wests (Data, Datazord, Data West)

The New Data

HovEjhW.gif

Recall

Stan Hansen's book 'The Last Outlaw' is probably the most comprehensive look at what it's like to be a gaijin wrestler in Japan, I'd definitely recommend that one - similarly, 'Masked Decisions' by The Destroyer is a great read as well with some good info on wrestling in the 60's and how wrestling got started in Japan. The Destroyer became something of a cultural icon over there and as far as I know there's no other English language book that touches on those pre-NJPW/AJPW days. Lou Thesz's book 'Hooker' is a must read for sure, there was a lot Lou didn't like about wrestling by the end of his career, but it's a great look at his philosophy of what wrestling should be. He also goes quite in-depth looking at the history of pro-wrestling in the US, which was certainly interesting. Gary Hart's 'My Life in Wrestling' is fantastic, he was one of the smartest men in the business and gives a very frank account of his life and career. Well worth hunting that one down. I'd probably put JJ's book in my top five as well, unless there's any I've forgotten.

A couple I'd mention as well, Billy Robinson's 'Physical Chess' has some great info on the British catch-as-catch-can style and Billy's time in Japan and then the AWA, but it's rather on the short side. 'The Cowboy and the Cross' by Bill Watts has a ton of info on Mid-South, as you'd expect, but is super preachy and Watts comes across as a bully and has a tendency to ramble on for pages about American football.

You're a grand man and I appreciate the suggestions. I had no idea Stan Hansen even had a book and I'm going to have to look that one up :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not even sure why Pizza Rolls of all things, but this is fantastic.

It was there. I couldn't say no.

If you protested, I would have asked you to wait and see how it all plays out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the matches are uploaded to the YouTube for us jobbers to see how the main event roster of WrassleGAF do things.

They'll exist somehow, some way.

Leon_White.jpg

I'd be surprised if someone got this without previously knowing the name. It's
TIME! IT'S TIME!!! IT'S VADER!!! TIME!!!!

I think he's crying in that picture

Mahonay

Banned
PIZZA ROLLS ANYTIME

Catching up on last night's NXT. God damn Jason Jordan and Chad Gable are fantastic. These guys keep showing their potential to be huge on the main roster.

Jordan & Gable vs Gargano and Ciampa was awesome. Highly recommend watching that match if you haven't yet.

MsChif always took a ton of abuse in her matches, plus she was so flexible it seemed the other wrestlers used to love tying her in knots. Also, she was doing the intergender stuff way before it was cool in indie wrestling, she had a great series of matches with Sydal back before he was in ROH even. In general I don't think MsChif gets enough credit, she was better than a lot of her more well-remembered peers in the ring and had a much more well defined character. Plus, Paige never does justice to her pose & scream on the ropes.

#ThankYouBootaaay

klonere

Banned
I have zero control on how things play out, and also zero control over what matches are made.

It's all the Yukes Gods now

I dunno if it works the same as 2K16 but turn automated rivalries off or you'll get the same matches every single week for two PPV cycle's. It's a hell of a lot more entertaining when everything is truly random as you see some insane stuff.

Zach

until the day you decide to give a match an A, you'll be a B+ player forever

First of all, bask -- may I call you "bask"? -- there are many A+ matches. But God didn't put me on this earth to grade matches. And secondively, my low grades just prove that I'm never content, always striving for something better.

I have zero control on how things play out, and also zero control over what matches are made.

It's all the Yukes Gods now

Am I f'ing going over?!

Recall

First of all, bask -- may I call you "bask"? -- there are many A+ matches. But God didn't put me on this earth to grade matches. And secondively, my low grades just prove that I'm never content, always striving for something better.

Am I f'ing going over?!

You gave some of the best PPVs to have ever existed a fucking C. You deserve your slot in TNA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I was in you e-fed sunny :c

You probably will be.

I dunno if it works the same as 2K16 but turn automated rivalries off or you'll get the same matches every single week for two PPV cycle's. It's a hell of a lot more entertaining when everything is truly random as you see some insane stuff.

Noted, someone else mentioned this as well.

imBask

Banned

let's form a stable and invade another neogaf OT, we don't need these guys

how about the Anime thread? they're like the WCW of neogaf right?

Which wrestling game was it where at the end of year one you foght JR and the King?

That was most fun I ever had with a wrestling game. I still remember the steel cage match I had as Mick Foley. Think it was No Mercy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
oO

Booker T's "Hulk Hogan, were coming for you N-word" promo isnt edited on the Network's Spring Stampede 97....

Are you trying to say Booker T isn't allowed to say it?

Ithil

Rewatching the Gable/Jordan vs Ciampa/Gargano match, when the crowd starts the Angle Gable chants, then changes to include Jordan's name as well, Jordan in the background looks around at the crowd with a big smile on his face, he's so happy to be chanted for. It's great.

Mahonay

Banned
Rewatching the Gable/Jordan vs Ciampa/Gargano match, when the crowd starts the Angle Gable chants, then changes to include Jordan's name as well, Jordan in the background looks around at the crowd with a big smile on his face, he's so happy to be chanted for. It's great.
Jason Jordan was boring as fuck when he started out. Dude has developed so much. Gable took to it much more naturally. He's been ace from the word go.

Jordan's size and look will carry him far on the main roster. Hopefully Gable won't get overlooked, his ring work is phenomenal and he's pretty charismatic.

Zach

let's form a stable and invade another neogaf OT, we don't need these guys

how about the Anime thread? they're like the WCW of neogaf right?

I will have none of this. I've never been banned on here like some of the more unsavory users. I am the Ricky Steamboat of NeoGAF.

Zach's stable should be called the "C+ Players" and should just consist of himself and a blind midget.

Yeah, Zach's the worst. What a jerk.

Zach

Jason Jordan was boring as fuck when he started out. Dude has developed so much. Gable took to it much more naturally. He's been ace from the word go.

Jordan's size and look will carry him far on the main roster. Hopefully Gable won't get overlooked, his ring work is phenomenal and he's pretty charismatic.

I agree with everything. But Gable is tiny and I'm worried about that. And again, I hope they let them tag for a long while.

imBask

Banned
I will have none of this. I've never been banned on here like some of the more unsavory users. I am the Ricky Steamboat of NeoGAF.

Yeah, Zach's the worst. What a jerk.

I offered you an opportunity to make it big, and you pushed it aside

see you in the ring, chump BITCH

Top Bottom