• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait sorry, Paige is back in PCB STILL?

whahasihdashidoahsodahskdoahsndaipsodhasipdhkasopdhnaos,l. cknazxkzaioxdnbhkiogadeqgb nv,.

FIRE ALL THE WRITERS
OTFtBny.gif

That they chose to promote live on the Network. Beast in the East was a house show, yet they still put an NXT title match and change on it, and it had a different look from the usual WWE shows.

They should have done something extra for it.

And that extra....was Brock Lesnar.

Mahonay

Banned
Lol goddamn! We would rather stand in this field of mud than wrestle for your company. Is that shots fired or another playful jab between friends?
It's for fun. Started with Finn and Grado hanging out together and just cracking on each other's companies. Honestly it's probably a nice thing for the TNA guys to have something to laugh about right now.

kiguel182

Owens was a badass on NXT that just power bombed people without remorse.

Now he pokes people in the eye and wins via rollup.

Fuck this.

Owens was a badass on NXT that just power bombed people without remorse.

Now he pokes people in the eye and wins via rollup.

Fuck this.

He was murdering people on NXT because 1: Fuck Sami and 2: He was always an opportunist little shit using his kid as an excuse to be a complete douchebag

Now there's a step up in competition, and he's still that opportunist douchebag

I for one appreciate Owens resorting to cheap tactics instead of power moves against guys who make him look small and lazy.

It's good psychology.

bjork

Absolutely.
That eye-poke is classic heel Flair and Piper.

Or face Hogan.

In other news: my coworker's stepson randomly drove around his town, shooting from his truck. Killed two people and injured several others. They caught him, but no one knows why he went off like this. I'd imagine he's going to the clink for good, which serves him right.

kiguel182

He was murdering people on NXT because 1: Fuck Sami and 2: He was always an opportunist little shit using his kid as an excuse to be a complete douchebag

Now there's a step up in competition, and he's still that opportunist douchebag

it's refreshing to see a heel be a heel

Nah, he was a heel before because he beat babyface the people liked without regard for them. He destroyed Sami completely in a mean and hellish way.

He was never a coward heel, that's what he is now. It takes away from his character. He had nuance before and now he is a normal coward heel.

Whatever, it's my fault for watching this shit.

kiguel182

NXT Owens had several sides to him. He had a character. Now he is a cheap heel.

And Jericho isn't even bigger than him, makes no sense.

He also wasn't like this when he arrived, he power bombed Cena and beat him clean and now he can't even beat fucking Jericho.

They just made his character worse. He wasn't supposed to be Flair and not every heel needs to be the same.

kiguel182

Owens using heel tactics is awesome. Go all out man, low blows, eye rakes, back rakes, feet on the ropes, you name it.

But he never did that. Never.

He still is called a "prize fighter". Expect in his matches he is a cheap heel. Makes no sense and he wasn't like this from the beginning.

They just turned him a coward heel after winning against Cena.

I really need to stick to watching NXT.

Kornflayx

But he never did that. Never.

He still is called a "prize fighter". Expect in his matches he is a cheap heel. Makes no sense and he wasn't like this from the beginning.

They just turned him a coward heel after winning against Cena.

I really need to stick to watching NXT.

I don't need another Seth Rollins who just does 50 finishing moves and can't win. I just want one heel who wrestles like one, not just saying "Oh your town sucks" and then doing every WWE match ever. Fuck that

Hex

Banned
Or face Hogan.

In other news: my coworker's stepson randomly drove around his town, shooting from his truck. Killed two people and injured several others. They caught him, but no one knows why he went off like this. I'd imagine he's going to the clink for good, which serves him right.

Damn...no real words for that

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They need to shake up their roster drastically.

So many repeat matches and feuds. Shit, Johnny Mundo and Brian Cage are the same gimmick. Alberto Del Cheeseball is the Mexican patriot fighting the Mexican hating American... AGAIN

kiguel182

The reliance on basic archetypes is one of the reasons the WWE product is so bland and some of you want more of that. I don't get it but to each is own.

Some heels can cheat and others don't. It's all about the character and how that fits. If everyone is the same then well, I can't care about it. NXT gets this, WWE doesn't.

Those archetypes are what makes a heel chance is character when people like him and they turn them and then makes people not like him. They are fixed in this idea of what makes a good and a bad guy instead of letting the characters be and see what people like.

A heel cheats, when he turns he doesn't and loves the WWE Universe and smiles a lot. People lose interest. Rinse and repeat.

I'll leave it at this. The show really isn't working for me and there's no point in keep hammering on it.

NXT Respect will be great, I rather waste my time discussing that.

UberTag

Paige broke up with Team PCB now 3 times in a row

#DivasRevolution
Typical WWE bullshit.
Just like Mizdow breaking away from Miz.
Or Adam Rose getting fed up with his stupid Bunny.

You don't even get the pop from an actual breakup any more because they just keep teasing it and false alarming it non-stop until it has lost any sense of gravity or meaning.

Imagine if Shawn Michaels superkicked Marty Janetty's head through the barbershop window and they still teamed up the next week. That's how absurd this all is.

Hex

Banned
Actually I disagree.
It is the fact that they do not have that definition that is a part of the proble,
Sheamus is a heel, but he and Rusev keep getting into it.
Multiple others ride the tween role, and same with some faces.
There needs to be true bad guys, real bad guys who do bad things but they forgot how to do that without making boring Authority type scenarios where it just gets tedious.

Bronx-Man

Banned
In a world where heels aren't allowed to do crazy, despicable shit like making snakes bite people's arms, slapping female managers, or stealing the casket of loved ones, how the hell are people supposed to get heat? Insult the local sports teams again?
Reveal themselves as Men's Rights Activists.

Then again, Rusev did that and that couldn't get heel heat.

I just don't see Owens as the dominating guy. I'm not as fixed on the looks aspect of the business but it's pretty undeniable that it's silly to see him next to Randy Orton and think this guy is some sort of Lesnar type heel.

bjork

I wonder if they could use the annual spring releases in order to get a heel turn over. Anyone that's on the list to get future endeavored, gets attacked and taken out by whoever the heel is, and then that's their final WWE TV appearance. Hell, sell them as being murdered. I mean, you might have to sacrifice a Dolph or a Zack Ryder to get the guy initial heat, but hey.

Top Bottom