• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Reveal themselves as Men's Rights Activists.

Then again, Rusev did that and that couldn't get heel heat.

That's because Rusev is too damn funny as a complete dickhead

And him constantly giving shit to Lana, even when it's completely unrelated to what he's doing, is hilarious

SIBERSK ESTO'S FANTASY BOOKING

"Kevin Owens home movies"

While building up a feud, a series of vignettes are played showing Kevin interacting with his family while taunting his opponent. These can include things like:

• sitting on the couch, making his family watch one of his matches (even better if Kevin has already won a match)
  • Taking his family to an amusement park with the money he got from winning a match
  • Recreating his victory using action figures with his son

All of this is shot with a home camera and played in the weeks leading up to a match.

bjork

SIBERSK ESTO'S FANTASY BOOKING

"Kevin Owens home movies"

While building up a feud, a series of vignettes are played showing Kevin interacting with his family while taunting his opponent. These can include things like:

• sitting on the couch, making his family watch one of his matches (even better if Kevin has already won a match)
  • Taking his family to an amusement park with the money he got from winning a match
  • Recreating his victory using action figures with his son

All of this is shot with a home camera and played in the weeks leading up to a match.

This sounds similar to some of the stuff they did with Foley in ECW, and later with Pillman. I like it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd like to see 2015 AJ Styles vs 2015 Matt Sydal.

Have any bookers set that up? If not, there's a free one for you.

Barrage

Acts EXACTLY the same, uses an actual heel maneuver instead of his finisher. One move difference.

="Owens has no character anymore"

The eye rake is brilliant. If you think he's being forced to do it youre out of your mind.

MC Safety

I'm not sure why they're shoehorning Paige into a team she no longer belongs to. She's not a good wrestler, isn't particularly interesting, and has already showed she can't get along with her former teammates.

And I don't know why Sheamus didn't cash in after Seth Rollins was murdered in the steel cage. If you have a wrestler and he has the opportunity for a title match whenever he wants, that guy should be an absolute vulture hovering over every championship bout.

ArtFuzzy

Banned
I wish TNA would just go under already. Kurt Angle basically ruined his name wrestling for them as long as he did. I have no idea what to think of their product. I have no clue who even watches it. I have not watched a TNA match since that PPV Hogan was in and I think they have been on life support for almost a decade now. It's just painful to see a youtube video of a promo from there and being like "shit, tna is still around? what the fuck!?"

I wish TNA would just go under already. Kurt Angle basically ruined his name wrestling for them as long as he did. I have no idea what to think of their product. I have no clue who even watches it. I have not watched a TNA match since that PPV Hogan was in and I think they have been on life support for almost a decade now. It's just painful to see a youtube video of a promo from there and being like "shit, tna is still around? what the fuck!?"

TNA being so shit, in a strange way has probably save Kurt Angle's reputation as no one really knows or cares enough to take notice. I know I don't care what he's doing and still remember his time in WWE.
Basically, I assume everyone feels the same way as I do.

I watched the Rise and Fall of ECW last night....I had completely forgotten about the Kurt Angle/crucifixion thing, and the original ECW/WWE invasion angle back in the old RAW days. What was Vince's end game with that? Did he see ECW as a potential "minor league" and thought it'd be a good idea to form a good partnership with them?

I watched the Rise and Fall of ECW last night....I had completely forgotten about the Kurt Angle/crucifixion thing, and the original ECW/WWE invasion angle back in the old RAW days. What was Vince's end game with that? Did he see ECW as a potential "minor league" and thought it'd be a good idea to form a good partnership with them?

I think that was the case, as that was the impressions I got from the documentary and others after it. It was a good working relationship to stop other top talent leaving to WCW before he could get them.

I'm pretty sure Paul set up that mini invasion stuff in order to get his guys some exposure back then. Also what Luchador said.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Vince wanted first dibs on ECW guys that got over so WCW couldn't snipe them.

This was after Bischoff saw the luchadores in WCW and made big bank off of them. Vince thought if he was in good with Heyman than that would work in his favor on getting the talent. Not realizing that most of ECW's talent weren't under a contract and were underpaid so they didn't give a fuck who Heyman was buddies with. Too little too late for Vince, really.

Aiii

So not worth it

Nitro and the nWo were the go to show at the time, they were considered edgy and cool, while WWF was still considered childish, though they were changing that. Vince figured the ECW invasion would make Raw appear cooler to the teenage audience.

bjork

Same, but I thought of At Home with Dr. D; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlHO3OUnz2A

Mrs. D is a looker <3 <3 <3

Vince wanted first dibs on ECW guys that got over so WCW couldn't snipe them.

This was after Bischoff saw the luchadores in WCW and made big bank off of them. Vince thought if he was in good with Heyman than that would work in his favor on getting the talent. Not realizing that most of ECW's talent weren't under a contract and were underpaid so they didn't give a fuck who Heyman was buddies with. Too little too late for Vince, really.

Hadn't Sabu already gone to WCW and fizzled by that point, too? Sandman was where the money was.

bjork

Sabu fizzled because his dumbass was still trying to moonlight indie dates while doing WCW shows.

I barely remember his time there. One real fuzzy image in my head of him in silver pants doing a table spot, I want to say to Alex Wright. But we're talking 20 years ago now, I'm getting senile.

Doesn't he live in a bayou? I'm sure he can rustle up a snake or two to attack Ziggler with.

Or, we get the Wyatt family and Ziggler to recreate this

not-the-bees.gif

Sabu fizzled because his dumbass was still trying to moonlight indie dates while doing WCW shows.

Lol really? What a dumbass

Man, I still remember when Sabu/Cena was a feud for some insane reason. Sabu runs in from nowhere, plonks Cena with a chair, and actually nails that crazy chair springboard legdrop for once in his life, all while JR is selling the SHIT out of everything

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jack Evans is the real MVP of this BOLA tho

I forget how much energy he brings to an indie venue and he's improved so much since he was last regularly touring independents.

Savitar

I'm not sure why they're shoehorning Paige into a team she no longer belongs to. She's not a good wrestler, isn't particularly interesting, and has already showed she can't get along with her former teammates.

Not a good wrestler?

That must be a joke, granted female wrestling in the WWE is overall bad. But like so many times before NXT can show what she and others are truly capable of.

MC Safety

Not a good wrestler?

That must be a joke, granted female wrestling in the WWE is overall bad. But like so many times before NXT can show what she and others are truly capable of.

It's no joke. If you can point to an example of her superior ability, I'll be glad to look at it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's not, but I can see why you'd think that when watching him surrounded by all the crazy wrestlers at BOLA.

I mean it's not just about moves. Trevor Lee does a lot of 'crazy movez' and I think he's a fucking boring as shit little Daniel Bryan CAW turd.

dream

I agree with MC Safety. I challenge anyone to produce one good match* that Paige has ever had.

*4 stars or higher

I mean it's not just about moves.

Of course not, but that's a big focus in PWG matches and with that fast-paced style I can definitely see how Marty could come across as nothing much special or run-of-the-mill. But you're seeing him in a tournament with a bunch of other talented wrestlers with unique and disparate styles, whereas over here we often see him putting on a technical master-class, or main eventing shows and more than holding his own with the likes of AJ Styles, etc. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't know if BOLA's the best introduction to a wrestler like Marty Scurll.

Hex

Banned
I agree with MC Safety. I challenge anyone to produce one good match* that Paige has ever had.

*4 stars or higher

You can say that about any of the women right now outside of Bayley and The Boss.
Paige is better then most of them, her move set is better and flows alot better in there and the moves look more effective.
I will put her easily over Charlotte, Brie, Fox, Tamina and Nattie.
Nikki has come along way.

Hex

Banned
Like others, they could have saved it if they had Seth climbing down and Kane grabbed him and carried him back in the cage and then tombstoned him.
Of have Seth come down a little and then jump at Kane and had Kane catch him and do it.
Even more if they wanted to sell Kane they should have had him lay out Cena AND Rollins.

tm24

Jack Evans is the real MVP of this BOLA tho

I forget how much energy he brings to an indie venue and he's improved so much since he was last regularly touring independents.

Are his prematch promos still on the DVDs? The last one is comedy gold.

Also, marty was super over at BOLA.

Top Bottom