• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Triple Threat, Triple H (champ) vs Rock ('Winner' of the Rumble) vs Big Show (Won at No Way Out to win title shot)

They literally did THAT MATCH on the go-home RAW, and then had Linda bring Foley out to make it a Fatal 4 Way/A McMahon in Every Corner.

It was really really weird. You could see they had zero confidence in Show/the main event.

So why wasn't Mania 2000 just Triple H/Rock?

klonere

Banned
Sasha Banks > Becky Lynch > the rest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQZMaG1eO74

still funny
hqdefault.jpg

1048078941a9a059178f9d4455f25da2.jpg

Welp that is fine ass motivation right there

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ricochet's back in my fave five after BOLA. Dude just has it in every way. He can do it all and he's got some insane charisma and presence which is rare for an indie guy.
fvdfdfdfgcbknz.gif

gfbfgnfgrtf34jj5.gif

So why wasn't Mania 2000 just Triple H/Rock?

I have no idea why. The fact that they ran with HHH/Rock the next two PPVs makes it even more suspect. And Rock freaking hosted SNL before Mania!

Ricochet's back in my fave five after BOLA. Dude just has it in every way. He can do it all and he's got some insane charisma and presence which is rare for an indie guy.

Ricochet got awesome when he A: cut that damn long hair B: went to Dragon Gate and got those exercise tips and C: decided to be a complete prick every time he did something flashy

SO GOOD

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They honestly did it just to give Foley a Wrestlemania pay day and after the two matches he put on with his haitchness earlier in the year he deserved it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Day 2 was better than Day 1 and Day 1 was still pretty good
sxnZRSr.gif

Day 1 had 4 good matches and 1 great matches
Day 2 had 3 good matches and 4 great matches

Young Bucks are garbage and infect everything in the match they're with. I've sat through two matches of their tired shtick and they ensure I'll skip those matches if I ever rewatch this. It's not 2005, I don't want to see Super Dragon wrestle ever again. I can see why lesser exposed people think the Lucha matches were great, and I thought they were good, but I've seen all those guys enough that I wasn't as into it as some other people were. Kind of like DoFixer vs Blood Generation being '5 stars' but still great matches and great introductory. End vs Gulak was decent but the finish was awful, and I know what they were going for, but they didn't build it up in any way. Galloway was a fantastic base and really surprised me.

Sydal/Fenix and Hero/Thatcher are definitely MOTYCs.

new TNA belt idea : everyone has it except one guy, that one guy has to defend his non-title every week

Imagine the promos. This would be great. He would treat everyone with a belt like a highly paid, fatally diseased , physico for trying to give him theor belt and money.

Day 2 was better than Day 1 and Day 1 was still pretty good
sxnZRSr.gif

Day 1 had 4 good matches and 1 great matches
Day 2 had 3 good matches and 4 great matches

Young Bucks are garbage and infect everything in the match they're with. I've sat through two matches of their tired shtick and they ensure I'll skip those matches if I ever rewatch this. It's not 2005, I don't want to see Super Dragon wrestle ever again. I can see why lesser exposed people think the Lucha matches were great, and I thought they were good, but I've seen all those guys enough that I wasn't as into it as some other people were. Kind of like DoFixer vs Blood Generation being '5 stars' but still great matches and great introductory. End vs Gulak was decent but the finish was awful, and I know what they were going for, but they didn't build it up in any way. Galloway was a fantastic base and really surprised me.

Sydal/Fenix and Hero/Thatcher are definitely MOTYCs.

The hype for Hero/Thatcher from the WWNLive show from WrestleMania weekend, Mercury Rising, is pretty strong as well. I'll probably try to track that down at some point, if only for the comparison.

Ultratech

Huh, Heroes Inmortales hasn't been too bad so far.

(It hasn't been the production disaster Triplemania was.)

Although Pentagon's gonna wanna beat the ever-loving shit out of Myzteziz now.

I put on that Mania 2000 main event out of morbid curiosity.

I don't always like Rock flopping around but I enjoyed this:

OhQhwQn.gif

I finally see what other Gaffer's has said about Mick's double arm DDT.

It really does look like Mick just grabs him and falls down vs it looking like he's trying to drill his head into the ground.

NoRéN

fvdfdfdfgcbknz.gif

gfbfgnfgrtf34jj5.gif

He fell out of your fave five? You sonofa!!!!

For me, he's right up there with Ibushi as another dude that has it all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Too bad he's in jail and would shank Excalibur because Nick Gage vs Super Dragon could have been a fun showdown. The match wouldn't have been anything good tho

Ultratech

That Drago/Fenix and Cage/Mesias match was pretty fun.

Wasn't expecting Cage and Mesias to win with the Double Pin though.

Was a little surprised at Mesias unmasking Fenix there after the finish.

Top Bottom