• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

RP912

Banned
Brie-botch.gif

That's some botching with style type of shit right there.

Brie and Nikki are holding the Diva's division on their backs friends.

RP912

Banned
As much as I'm not crazy about Nikki she's at least significantly more competent in the ring than Brie.

Indeed. Nikki plays the heel role to the tee while Brie is more of the mouthpiece. I'm over the whole "they both suck because reasons" idea, since they they are pretty much veterans in the ring by now.

Mahonay

Banned
Indeed. Nikki plays the heel role to the tee while Brie is more of the mouthpiece. I'm over the whole "they both suck because reasons" idea, since they they are pretty much veterans in the ring by now.
Brie is a horrible, horrible mouth piece that makes all matches Nikki is involved in worse.

COME ON NIKKIIIIIIIIIII

imBask

Banned
As much as I'm not crazy about Nikki she's at least significantly more competent in the ring than Brie.

Kane story ain't that bad.

I hate the storyline and I can ignore it, but the real problem is that there's a Kane match attached to it

a Kane match

in 2015

he stopped taking bumps 12 years ago

Mahonay

Banned
I hate the storyline and I can ignore it, but the real problem is that there's a Kane match attached to it

a Kane match

in 2015

he stopped taking bumps 12 years ago
I really hate his poor bump taking ability too, but things like how he almost always takes that one knee bump is the kind of thing that's responsible for him still being in really good shape after 20 years. Dude is smart at least.

Aiii

So not worth it

The fact that they're veterans and still bad to mediocre at best is probably the most damning thing about the Bellas.

RP912

Banned
Brie is a horrible, horrible mouth piece that makes all matches Nikki is involved in worse.

COME ON NIKKIIIIIIIIIII

It's motivation though to get the Nikkimaniacs to support the heel/face/tweener Nikki. Sometimes it works with some sorry crowds.

COME ON NIKKIIII!

RP912

Banned
The fact that they're veterans and still bad to mediocre at best is probably the most damning thing about the Bellas.

At least they allow room for improvement unlike some divas around the time they were newbies. *ahem Kelly Kelly*

Mahonay

Banned
It's motivation though to get the Nikkimaniacs to support the heel/face/tweener Nikki. Sometimes it works with some sorry crowds.

COME ON NIKKIIII!
Because it gets a few 5 year olds hype is not a good enough reason to drown out every match with it.

RP912

Banned
Because it gets a few 5 year olds hype is not a good enough reason to drown out every match with it.

True...it gets annoying, but most mouthpieces are annoying. From Freddie Blassie swinging his cane and calling people "pencil neck geeks" to Sherri screaming at clouds during wrestling matches.

Mahonay

Banned
True...it gets annoying, but most mouthpieces are annoying. From Freddie Blassie swinging his cane and calling people "pencil neck geeks" to Sherri screaming at clouds during wrestling matches.
Lol come on. It's not the same at all. I think you know that.

imBask

Banned
I really hate his poor bump taking ability too, but things like how he almost always takes that one knee bump is the kind of thing that's responsible for him still being in really good shape after 20 years. Dude is smart at least.

WWE got you with their scam. Now you're accepting normal garbage as something "good" because of how much ultra garbage we're getting

Mahonay

Banned
WWE got you with their scam. Now you're accepting normal garbage as something "good" because of how much ultra garbage we're getting
Never said it was good breh.

Title storyline has been almost entirely garbage. The Kane story is passable compared to Sting the statue thief.

Hex

Banned
I just wish for once they would follow up on something and have Brie turn on Nikki, going back to the storyline before where Nikki went with Stephanie.
Hell Brie could even team with Paige or something.

imBask

Banned
Never said it was good breh.

Title storyline has been almost entirely garbage. The Kane story is passable compared to Sting the statue thief.

well that's what i'm saying, it's only passable in comparison... It's really bad

Seahawks are playing tonight right? can we hope for ratings to tank particularly hard?

Mahonay

Banned
I just wish for once they would follow up on something and have Brie turn on Nikki, going back to the storyline before where Nikki went with Stephanie.
Hell Brie could even team with Paige or something.
Getting Brie more involved is not the answer to anything. The only time I'll be satisfied with Brie Bella is when she's written off TV.

JavyOO7

Paul Roma was fun to watch with Orndorf in Halloween Havoc '94 against Bagwell and Patriot. Even Stro talks about it in his review how Roma's drop kick almost misses Bagwell because he leapt so high. Roma has some nice flashes of athleticism for this match. The ending sequence of him hitting a big elbow drop on Bagwell and Orndorf making the cover was great.

If someone could gif that dropkick I'm talking about in that match... much appreciated. XD (I don't think there's a gifcam on OSX)

Anth0ny

yup

now that I'm watching nitros from 1996, today's shit is especially hard to watch. and that's saying something, cause those nitros are still full of mid 90s cheese... but at least they make sense. they're straight forward. one week of story logically leads into the next. characters are over. it's only 50 fucking minutes a show. great stuff.

Mahonay

Banned
I agree, do not get me wrong but if she is going to be there do something with her.
Nah. They have people like Becky and Sasha who have nothing to do right now. Fuck, I'll even put Tamina ahead of the line from Brie. And she seems to have issues with general motor skills.

There's no reason for Brie to get involved. Ever. She's had her chances.

JavyOO7

yup

now that I'm watching nitros from 1996, today's shit is especially hard to watch. and that's saying something, cause those nitros are still full of mid 90s cheese... but at least they make sense. they're straight forward. one week of story logically leads into the next. characters are over. it's only 50 fucking minutes a show. great stuff.

It will suck when I finally make it to the 2 hour Nitro's. The one hour Nitro's are good so far.

MC Safety

I like Becky Lynch, but what concoction of superchemicals did she imbibe to turn herself completely orange?

It's like they stacked her with Paige and Charlotte and told her she has to tan for three.

Mahonay

Banned
yup

Why even watch any modern RAW or PPVs if it's deeply disappointing to you in every aspect?

Since I started watching again in 2012/2013 I have thoroughly adjusted my expectations. It's very plainly visible what kind of product the WWE is comfortable with putting out today.

Like, no shit it's not half as good as anything from that 96' Nitro Era. I feel like we're past the point of the "things used to be better discussion". WWE today exists almost entirely for corporate shilling and self fulfilling prophecies curtousy of Vince McMahon and company. The only things that keep me watching are things like Kevin Owens matches and The New Day.

Is it even possible for Bayley and Sasha to have a better match?

I don't think it'll have as much emotional impact, nothing can match that slow burn first title win for a face.

That's why the idea that they have to go into overtime isn't completely insane.

They're exhausted, and they're still tied. Bayley needs to pull some desperate new move out of the war crate to put Sasha down.

Nia Jax debuts, crushes the tired Bayley to set up the next feud.

Asuka toys with Dana Brooke and Emma for a while until the next TakeOver.

Nia Jax vs. Bayley vs. Asuka vs. Eva Marie for the title. Eva Marie knocks herself out in the opening minutes to make it just a three-way dance.

Can't train when you're nursing your frail husband back to some semblance of health and then trying to convince him not to risk his life by returning to active wrestling.

jred2k

I don't think Brie really even understands how wrestling works. If she did, "YES" chants and that babyface kicks spot wouldn't be part of her heel moveset.

Ithil

I don't think Brie really even understands how wrestling works. If she did, "YES" chants and that babyface kicks spot wouldn't be part of her heel moveset.

I'm not entirely certain Nikki knows that it's fake, either. She seems to take wrestling promos as though they were real.

Shadow780

I am eternally salty for passing on NXT Brooklyn and went to Summerslam instead. Not sure if they can recreate the magic but i have faith in THE BOSS.

Top Bottom