• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Zach

Paul Roma was fun to watch with Orndorf in Halloween Havoc '94 against Bagwell and Patriot. Even Stro talks about it in his review how Roma's drop kick almost misses Bagwell because he leapt so high. Roma has some nice flashes of athleticism for this match. The ending sequence of him hitting a big elbow drop on Bagwell and Orndorf making the cover was great.

If someone could gif that dropkick I'm talking about in that match... much appreciated. XD (I don't think there's a gifcam on OSX)

Power and Glory's finisher was top-tier.

yup

now that I'm watching nitros from 1996, today's shit is especially hard to watch. and that's saying something, cause those nitros are still full of mid 90s cheese... but at least they make sense. they're straight forward. one week of story logically leads into the next. characters are over. it's only 50 fucking minutes a show. great stuff.

'97 Nitro and RAW (in between the racist/homophobic/sexist moments) is pretty fun television. It puts current WWE wrasslin' to shaaame.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Exclusive shot of myself and FallingEdge taking a vacation together
tumblr_nvluwu9weO1rsdpaso1_500.gif

zychi

Banned
I don't think Brie really even understands how wrestling works. If she did, "YES" chants and that babyface kicks spot wouldn't be part of her heel moveset.

I don't think the WWE understands how wrestling works anymore. The heels are faces and the faces are heels.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bootaaaay if it makes you feel better, no one has uploaded BOLA to scummy pirating sites yet according to other forums I occasionally frequent

Quality over speed, Boots!

Also Avengers, I blared that song while walking through a botanical garden in Osaka last year

I WILL DO THE SAME IN TOKYO IN 2016

It is worth some consolation that dirty pirates aren't watching before me, but if PWG thinks that by sticking to such archaic delivery methods that they're preventing piracy, then they've got another thing coming - they're just delaying it. BOLA will be uploaded eventually and will be downloaded by thousands who (and this is the bit promotions fail to realise) weren't ever planning to buy it anyways. The vast majority of them will watch a pirate copy or not watch it at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Bronson, everything I say comes out of love, because:

12042991_1234751896550328_659991406275304434_n.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also they don't do it just because of piracy. They do it because it keeps the live show the hottest ticket in indie wrestling.

If they did VOD and you could watch it day of or 1 hour after the fact, you wouldn't have near as many people trying to go to the shows.

Hey Bronson, everything I say comes out of love, because:

12042991_1234751896550328_659991406275304434_n.jpg

*hug*

*belly to belly*

Also they don't do it just because of piracy. They do it because it keeps the live show the hottest ticket in indie wrestling.

If they did VOD and you could watch it day of or 1 hour after the fact, you wouldn't have near as many people trying to go to the shows.

Also true. And it's a Highspots thing. They give PWG a sweetheart deal because they're the showstopper/premier brand for Highspots.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
PWG's BOLA show is super hyped and known as the must-see event of the year because of multiple factors. But you got people like Meltzer dropping EVERYTHING and making damn sure he's there. It helps them, and is probably worth the extra hassle to them.

It sucks for everyone else, but seriously, Boots, you gotta at least WANT to attend BOLA pretty bad, no?

kiguel182

Apparently Bryan will go to a third doctor that will decide if he is clear enough to wrestle with the WWE. He says if that doctor says no it might be it for him since it might not be the best for him to ignore two doctors advice.

*hug*

*belly to belly*

Also true. And it's a Highspots thing. They give PWG a sweetheart deal because they're the showstopper/premier brand for Highspots.

Sure, but that's no reason for Highspots to not have downloads on their store, day and date with DVD's. (In HD quality that they use for the trailers as well!)
How many frames is that dogshit jiff? 4?

Literally, yeah, Google Photos stitched it together from my photos.

PWG's BOLA show is super hyped and known as the must-see event of the year because of multiple factors. But you got people like Meltzer dropping EVERYTHING and making damn sure he's there. It helps them, and is probably worth the extra hassle to them.

It sucks for everyone else, but seriously, Boots, you gotta at least WANT to attend BOLA pretty bad, no?

I talked to people who flew from Europe to attend all three nights of BOLA.

It is the hot indy ticket of the year.

Quality over speed, Boots!

Looks pretty good to me!

QO9WAh0.gif

Sure, but that's on a list with a bunch of other fantastical shit I WANT to do but won't ever actually get to do. I don't think I'd ever fly over specifically for BOLA either, I mean, I like PWG, but I've got PROGRESS on my doorstep and next year's SSS16 to think about :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does animes GAF roleplay incest the same way some members here pretend to "wrestle" each other

Probably. Why wouldn't they have their own touchy-feely community outside of the watchful gaze of Evilore?

*hug*

*belly to belly*

So, they're Highspots's Premiere Athlete Brand?

Fuck Caleb Konley. Anthony Nese could be okay, I guess.

enuhito(English) ‏@enuhito_eng 4h4 hours ago
Go Shiozaki said he aims to get IWGP hvwt title.
He said fans want to watch me vs Okada.

More like Go Shiozaki wants a NJPW paycheck.

Top Bottom