• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Sephzilla

here's the precise moment I bailed

JDBGbgL.png

(I had guitar hero, so no I don't have the RB3 instruments)

The Guitar Hero controllers will work with RB4 though, I believe

As soon as Rock Band lost the MTV backing, I was out. I knew 4 was going to go budget and 'here's a bunch of Harmonix's own shitty bands' overdrive mode.

definitely seemed suspicious when they announced the set list (which I wasn't thrilled with) and said it was "the best their* budget could afford" or something like that. What a weird way to announce/hype your game.

I primarily played Rock Band online. None of my friends are interested in getting together just to jam on plastic instruments let alone play split screen games. If we're gaming it's online. If we're in each others presence we're doing anything but.

klonere

Banned
Vince must be panicking so hard.

What old timer can they bring in next?

Da Meltz was saying this might mean Dean would start getting a push.

Also it opens up an interesting angle where someone can win the US Open Challenge and put Cena out for a while in kayfabe. Of course Cena will get his 3 wins back when he returns, no doubt.

bjork

I have never played Rock Band, and my GH experience is playing through whatever the beginner mode is on the first game, once ever.

Guitar Freaks was where it was at.

What does it say about me that I read this in reply to "old dude" and thought it meant Dean Malenko and I got slightly excited?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cena's going to be back in a month. Vince is going to call him and call him asking if 'he's ready to come back yet' before he calls Cena and is actually crying like a baby asking Cena to 'please please come back i'll owe you buddy'

imBask

Banned

Also it opens up an interesting angle where someone can win the US Open Challenge and put Cena out for a while in kayfabe. Of course Cena will get his 3 wins back when he returns, no doubt.

I don't think people will drop football to watch Dean's midcard reign

Sephzilla

Vince isn't going to sweat it that Cena will be gone during the time of the year when nobody gives a shit about the product. He'll keep Cena on the sidelines and have him be a "surprise" Royal Rumble entrant or something. Vince wont give a shit until they start hitting Diesel-era ratings.

Anth0ny

mania tickets go on sale this friday

travel packages on sale tuesday, october 13th

I'm probably looking at this tier:

SILVER PACKAGE: $1,075 - $1,975

WrestleMania 32 Ticket

* AT&T Stadium
* Seating – 100 Level (Section, Row and Seat assigned on a first-come, first-served basis by Travel Package Tier)
* Sunday, April 3, 2016

WrestleMania Axxess Tickets

* Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas
* Attend Two General Admission Sessions
* Friday, April 1, 2016 – Sunday, April 3, 2016 (Sessions selected in January 2016)

NXT Ticket

* Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Arena Dallas
* Seating – 100 Level End Zone (Section, Row and Seat assigned on a first-come, first-served basis by Travel Package Tier)
* Friday, April 1, 2016

WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Ticket

* American Airlines Center
* Seating - 100 Level (Section, Row and Seat assigned on a first-come, first-served basis by Travel Package Tier)
* Saturday, April 2, 2016

Monday Night RAW**

* American Airlines Center
* Seating – 100 Level (Section, Row and Seat assigned on a first-come, first-served basis by Travel Package Tier)
* Monday, April 4, 2016

Round-Trip Coach Transportation from downtown Dallas hotel to WrestleMania 32

* Sunday, April 3, 2016

Downtown Dallas Hotel

3-Night Hotel Accommodations
* Check-in Friday, April 1, 2016
* Check-out Monday, April 4, 2016
4-Night Hotel Accommodations
* Check-in Friday, April 1, 2016
* Check-out Tuesday, April 5, 2016
* Each person in this group will share one standard room

*Accessible seating is available for all WrestleMania 32 Travel Packages. Be sure to denote accessible seating requests when making your purchase.

*.*Only included with 4-night hotel accomodations.

it's the cheapest one that gets me mania + nxt + raw after mania

$1000 doesn't seem too bad for all that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
definitely seemed suspicious when they announced the set list (which I wasn't thrilled with) and said it was "the best they're budget could afford" or something like that. What a weird way to announce/hype your game.

I mean, I"m all about some 38 Special but if you got artists that are willing to get paid 1/1000th of a penny by spotify and they're not going to be in your music game? Says a lot about your budget

Rhythm game of the year 2015
17zocz2xcr0rnjpg.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Think of all the cool stuff you could buy for a thousand dollars. Like game consoles, gadgets, tons of beer or other drinks of your choice. A two week vacation. And that's just the tip of the iceberg... And that's not even counting the couple thousand extra you save from not going to Mania!

Vince isn't going to sweat it that Cena will be gone during the time of the year when nobody gives a shit about the product. He'll keep Cena on the sidelines and have him be a "surprise" Royal Rumble entrant or something. Vince wont give a shit until they start hitting Diesel-era ratings.

Someone did point out on the Twitters MAGGLE that WWE is 0.8 rating points away from TNA's highest ever ratings.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well you'd also be touring the city. Most of my trips to Mania have never been just about Mania.

Still, it's a lot of money and not even counting the money spend on the trip itself. With WWE ratings reflecting the lack of interested in the program, I can't imagine they aren't nearing the tipping point sooner rather than later on those prices.

jmdajr

Still, it's a lot of money and not even counting the money spend on the trip itself. With WWE ratings reflecting the lack of interested in the program, I can't imagine they aren't nearing the tipping point sooner rather than later on those prices.

Sure, you can go for less.

Tickets start at 18 bucks!

Zach

Sweet Power and Glory gifs?! Hogan on the Flair podcast?! WrestleMania tickets?!

Too many things to reply to in here.

Sure, you can go for less.

Tickets start at 18 bucks!

Those will likely be handicapped/limited view seats. They'll get to be around 50-60.

NOTE. Avoid the seats nest the ring corners AT ALL COSTS. The light tree they put up will block your view, guaranteed. Friends have been burned.

notworksafe

$1000 is a good deal compared to what you'd get buying separately. I went without a package last year and spent ~$1000 while getting less than what is offered in the package. I think I'll go with the SIlver and sell the HOF ticket and one of the Axxess tickets.

Don't buy tickets where you sit on the floor unless you're sure they are ringside. If you're even 3 rows back you won't be able to see shit.

espher

here's the precise moment I bailed

JDBGbgL.png

(I had guitar hero, so no I don't have the RB3 instruments)

Needed to get in on the E3 promo w/ BB. Got my bundle in for $240. Also, Microsoft Store had one up for $250 (w/ a $20 gift card) a couple of weeks ago, which a friend is getting.

We got screwed by the CAD but retailers did give us some outs. :3

And hey if it crashes and burns those bundles will be on clearance in no time!

Entropia

No One Remembers
mania tickets go on sale this friday

travel packages on sale tuesday, october 13th

I'm probably looking at this tier:

it's the cheapest one that gets me mania + nxt + raw after mania

$1000 doesn't seem too bad for all that.

Dammit, so soon! I wasn't prepared for this.

D-Bry update

Cliff Notes:

-WWE sending him to a third doctor for a tie breaker vote on if he should be cleared.
-If WWE doesn't let him wrestle he'd like to do indies, but probably wouldn't if the doctor told him not to.
-Currently really into lucha and wants to main event a CMLL anniversary and mask vs. hair match.
-Would be open to doing commentary in WWE.

There ya have it folks.

Top Bottom