• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

the problem with WWE tv is that it simply isn't written or handled in a way that makes it worth watching more than once a month. You're given everything over and over one time in a program and then its repeated ad nauseum until the PPV.

I don't know if it's to keep the wrestler's safe (they get to work with familiar people for an extended period of time), keep doing reshoots of promos on live tv to pluck out the best parts for a vid package, or just the rigors of filling 5+ hours of tv a week, but that's how the TV product is handled.

Watch raw once a month, and you'll be happy with a capital, triple H!

- Insistence on exposing performers weaknesses and general overexposure of talent. Seth Rollins is given more TV time than The Rock or Austin had, even in relative terms to the length of the shows. Other performers are forced into situations where they are going to look bad compared to others, for no good reason, see Charlotte as a recent example.

This is a pretty big part of the problem, you see the 'Stars' far too much, so it's not really special. You get bored of seeing them, as they appear on the opening 15 minutes, then on the hour before finally getting 30 minutes at the end... EVERY WEEK.

4HORSEMEN MONDAY

fourhorsemen.jpg

Arn wearing his sunglasses at night. Such a badass!!

DMczaf

I need a good comeback storyline

Dbry, get your ass healthy again.

Punk, burn out in UFC already and lose all your money somehow.

Sephzilla

See, this makes sense

But because the Vince only thinks wcw is nwo, we get nwo

Yep, sadly.

nWo helping Sting made no fucking sense. Goldberg showing up to help Sting would have been fucking awesome. An even better idea would be that all of the main eventers HHH buried (see - the "flavor of the month" video used in the HHH/Bryan build up) come out to help Sting.

Why the fuck did Sting have to lose to HHH?

imBask

Banned
I need a good comeback storyline

Dbry, get your ass healthy again.

Punk, burn out in UFC already and lose all your money somehow.

I love him but Daniel Bryan will never main event a WWE PPV ever again.

he's a midcarder now, just accept it

notworksafe

It's not worth it if it ain't a Network Special, bruh

I'd rather just go to indy shows and get tanked afterward

perhaps so, but i like the SJ event more than i have any nxt thing i've seen since then. either way there will be more wrestling in dallas that week then it will be possible to see, something for everyone

Sephzilla

I think this as well

it's his home state, he'd probably like that historic attendance to his name...

seemed like he wanted a match with Punk awhile back, now maybe Lesnar

I think Punk vs Austin would be a thing right now if Punk was still around. Austin should not step into the same ring with Lesnar for a match.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
- The sports part of sports entertainment is broken, as wins and losses, the fundamental element that makes sports compelling to watch, mean nothing. While they have never been held as a sacrosanct tracker of who is on top or not, they mean absolutely less than nothing now. There is no point in even discussing the quality or style of the wrestling without first addressing this.

The problem with saying "wins and losses should matter" is that they used to abide by this and it meant every single match was a run-in + DQ which is dumb. People still get mad when Reigns/Wyatt have a (good) Raw headline match that ends in a countout.

The number of people in the PWG crowd who despise Joey Ryan changes so much from show to show, I assumed it was the same regs every time.

klonere

Banned
The problem with saying "wins and losses should matter" is that they used to abide by this and it meant every single match was a run-in + DQ which is dumb. People still get mad when Reigns/Wyatt have a (good) Raw headline match that ends in a countout.

I don't know how you took that point but I'm not advocating for everyone being tagged with a W - L column on their titantron or anything but at least make title belt holders and challengers have some semblance of sense. And so KO doesn't have to trot this out in defense of suffering the CenagetshiswinsbackLOL disease that relegates all afflicted with a serious bout of midcard 4 life

KevinOwens said:
fans will remember the quality of the matches and how great these matches were way more than who won and who lost

I mean then I should just give polite applause for the moves and the wrestlers should get a "you participated!!!" sticker after every match then.

4horseman vs Brock, Cena & Dudleys. No scripts/ gimmicks involved. Who wins? Why?

I had to ask this because my buddy been trying to compare/contrast clans from then and now.

Top Bottom