• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

The lights/sound people (Wayne and Mary) were fucking heroes. Troopers for traveling all over with ROH too. And they were so goddamn good with that sort of thing. Punk was them too
Yeah, Punk's was good too, simple and effective, that's how you work on a budget.

Reminds me of Punk telling a story on a shoot about Gabe flipping out about stuff like lighting cues being off on DVD's, and whipping ashtrays against the wall.

Yeah, Punk's was good too, simple and effective, that's how you work on a budget.

Reminds me of Punk telling a story on a shoot about Gabe flipping out about stuff like lighting cues being off on DVD's, and whipping ashtrays against the wall.

Which is hilarious because ROH was best in class for that shit, and it still stands up today.

Gabe's calmed down a lot, though. I think once he started doing DGUSA/EVOLVE and working with people who weren't the best, he figured it out. I still remember some Florida show where the sound guy would just straight up play music during dives for some reason. Was hilarious.

Sephzilla

*Reading the last page*

If you honestly don't believe being paired w/ Cena hasn't derailed the momentum of numerous talents over the years, then you are straight delusional.

Bronx-Man

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;180852790 said:
what's wrong with bray? He's about to have an awesome match against Reigns in a cell in a few weeks, buddy! :)
As a precursor to jobbing to whatever 50 year old Vince can trot out for a quick pop at WrestleMania.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
12115906_1508119426153430_7299543754808265750_n.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully Hase's first action is adjusting baseball into "strong style baseball"

November should be NEWvember where we all watch some 'new/different' promotions to what we'd normally watch. Hopefully, more than just WWE fans watching TNA, and vice versa.

you know the nerds in this thread are too busy bitching about the product but refuse to watch any promotion that would cater more to their tastes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you know the nerds in this thread are too busy bitching about the product but refuse to watch any promotion that would cater more to their tastes.

Asking so much of these WWE fans though

Fox318

Outside of wrestling Yankees Pitcher CC Sabathia left a playoff team to seek out rehab for alcoholism.

Has there ever been a case of a wrestler leaving a prime spot to take care of himself?

I feel like the culture of wrestling would make it tough for somebody to get help.

Fox318

Only thing that really holds me back is subtitles or English commentary for NJPW.

I don't get axess from my cable provider.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People would rather eat a shit sandwich than look across the table to something else unfamiliar that they can reach.

I like Raw though.

Aiii

So not worth it
Frankly, I find you guys' shaming of the fools that still watch Raw to be appalling. Everyone should be allowed to watch whatever shit they seem fit.

bjork

Outside of wrestling Yankees Pitcher CC Sabathia left a playoff team to seek out rehab for alcoholism.

Has there ever been a case of a wrestler leaving a prime spot to take care of himself?

I feel like the culture of wrestling would make it tough for somebody to get help.

Punk

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Frankly, I find you guys' shaming of the fools that still watch Raw to be appalling. Everyone should be allowed to watch whatever shit they seem fit.

lol, shaming of the fools

You can lead a horse to water. And yeah, it's fine - just don't cry and whine about wanting change when change is everywhere, and you won't glance in its direction.

imBask

Banned
i'll probably watch NJPW if the english version is easy to find and in good quality, i'm not watching a god damn 240p webcam restream

I also wanna watch BOLA but 15+15+20+taxes+canadian shipping is ridiculous, i'm not paying for that

oh and i'll probably watch LU because that shit is dope

losthissmile.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New reasons for the markiest of NXT marks to pick up Supercard again

Ebz4mJ5.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Creepz for making that new page a welcoming one to our returning members

bjork

ehhhhhh

That wasn't to take care of personal issues. That was because of alleged negligence in heath treatment, time off, financial disagreements, and creative issues with HHH and Vince.

Those are all valid personal issues. If you meant "go to rehab" you're supposed to say "personal demons."

Fox318

Those are all valid personal issues. If you meant "go to rehab" you're supposed to say "personal demons."

But Punk left on bad terms.

Could you see say a John Cena or maybe a Rusev in an angle moving him off the card skipping a Raw or a PPV because of rehab or maybe seeing a sick relative.

Bryan had to get scripted off of raw and IIRC he didn't even get to see him before he passed.

I guess it helps for first timers but I rather watch Lucha/ japan with original commentary.

Nothing like a dude yelling LARITOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't worry, Striker still will. Also he'll explain all the reasons how American stars get heat, wrestlers slap their knees to make superkicks sound effective, and call everything a swerve.

Because wrestling is fake, you know.

imBask

Banned
the 12 hours clock thread in OT is incredible.

Americans are the only sane ones for using shit no one else uses, apparently

Top Bottom