• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When he's not an active talent he's great for the industry. When he is an active talent, you have shit like him being the reason Montreal happened and the entire Reign of Terror

When he is an active talent, you have shit like him having one of the best matches at one of the best Wrestlemanias

Rein in your hate, Seph

W14njyq.gif

When he's not an active talent he's great for the industry. When he is an active talent, you have shit like him being the reason Montreal happened and the entire Reign of Terror
Montreal ended up creating the Mr. McMahon character, though. Without the rivalry with Stone Cold, WWF loses the war.

Sephzilla

When he is an active talent, you have shit like him having one of the best matches at one of the best Wrestlemanias

Rein in your hate, Seph

Hey, I'm not going to deny that. HHH vs Daniel Bryan is an all-time great match! It's just that the point I was trying to make was that most of the problems with HHH stem from him as a talent role, not in a higher up role.

Montreal happened because Bret Hart was being a big baby

Montreal happened because Vince thought contractual obligations were optional

Montreal ended up creating the Mr. McMahon character, though. Without the rivalry with Stone Cold, WWF loses the war.

They were laying the seeds for Austin vs McMahon before Montreal though. All Montreal did was accelerate what was already happening. Honestly, the importance of Montreal is something that's gotten overblown as part of WWE's revisionist history.

bjork

Stephanie's character is Vince's daughter. So playing both sides of the fence poorly, getting in matches and taking a spot someone else could've had or whatever... it's perfect. She is Vince 2.0 and that's a-ok.

Granted, I don't watch so I'm not enduring long segments, but it's a character that writes itself. WWVD.

bjork

Do you guys think that the whole thing with Warrior in 2014 was to kinda butter him up in hopes of getting him back in the ring for one more match so HHH could avenge being squashed at the best Wrestlemania?

I would imagine Warrior is the only dude undefeated against HHH.

Was King Booker the best Booker T?

Black Snow.

Stephanie's character is Vince's daughter. So playing both sides of the fence poorly, getting in matches and taking a spot someone else could've had or whatever... it's perfect. She is Vince 2.0 and that's a-ok.

Granted, I don't watch so I'm not enduring long segments, but it's a character that writes itself. WWVD.

Vince was always willing to get the shit kicked out of him on a constant basis, or have silly shit happen to him, all for the sake of putting over the talent and storylines. When's the last time anything happened to Steph? Being fired for two weeks after Survivor Series? Being shoved into a pool by a woman who was leaving anyway?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not that hard of an accomplishment. Booker T was B+ for pretty much his entire career tbh his biggest selling point was he had a really great look in WCW.

I loved seeing him get better focus in WCW as he drifted apart from ol' Slap Jack.

Toki767

US/TV champion Booker T was great.

King Booker was good for what it was. Basically comedic purposes.

I did like the Booker T/Goldust duo though.

bjork

Vince was always willing to get the shit kicked out of him on a constant basis, or have silly shit happen to him, all for the sake of putting over the talent and storylines. When's the last time anything happened to Steph? Being fired for two weeks after Survivor Series? Being shoved into a pool by a woman who was leaving anyway?

So you don't like it when someone doesn't happen to them, but you loved Goldberg.

It could be worse: she could be Dixie.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Actually my favorite part of Booker T was watching awkward wrestling fans try to raise the roof

So cringeworthy watching those special WCW crowds try

They had a better look dancing disco when Disco came out.

Black Snow.
I remember look for video of him and Nash doing commentary a while ago and I never found it :(
Not that hard of an accomplishment. Booker T was B+ for pretty much his entire career tbh his biggest selling point was he had a really great look in WCW.
I can agree with that. I'm surprised how popular he was a singles performer in WCW. Had everyone raising the roof and everything. For the most part, he's always been entertaining.

Shit. Just read what you wrote about raising the roof lol.
Booker T and Goldust were great.

It was a nice chance to see some comedy from both.

It worked.
BookDust was great. Their movie reviews were FnP too.

stutterdust was great.

as was goldust trying to help out booker after they split: showing up in his hotel room, or "incognito" at a 7-11 as booker T frantically searches for a slurpee cup with him on it.

I'm just pro goldust all around once he got a costume/paintjob that worked for him.

HHH is very good behind the scenes. Once he learns to not take stuff persoanl, or hold grudges he will be max level. This is something I know VKM is trying to teach him. Its not personal.

What he has done with NXt can not be overlooked by you guys. I think he has a real passion for what he does,

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's really great when people in this thread can't separate between the work and the shoot of the divas and even the product and it's players within at large. Talk about working yourselves into shoots, jabroni mania is running wild.

#kayfabeisdead #whatisdeadmayneverdie #divasrevolution

Sephzilla

I just want to take a moment to say that while I like Stardust, I feel like Cody Rhodes is being wasted on it. The guy should be a main eventer by now.

bjork

I just want to take a moment to say that while I like Stardust, I feel like Cody Rhodes is being wasted on it. The guy should be a main eventer by now.

He doesn't have the swagger his pappy had, so he can't get away with the lisp in a main spot. Sorry. We don't like speech impediments. #beastar

Top Bottom