• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Ithil

wkCPqWF.jpg

Saw this posted elsewhere, supposedly making the rounds backstage. What do you guys think of it?

The random fan that wrote this wishes it was going around backstage.

What's everyone's fave five matches of the year so far?

First blush:
1. Bayley/Sasha
2. Nak/Ibushi
3. Taker/Lesnar
4. Cena/Lesnar/Rollins
5. H/Stang

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just to explain a little, again

Philanthropy is the future of marketing. For sure. It's a win-win for everyone involved, and there's not a single goddamn thing wrong with that. At all.

Philanthropy and charity is GOOD. Do good, get recognized. Great. Everyone wins, god dammit.

Philanthropy is the future of marketing. For sure. It's a win-win for everyone involved, and there's not a single goddamn thing wrong with that. At all.

Philanthropy and charity is GOOD. Do good, get recognized. Great. Everyone wins, god dammit.

Fuck off /flammabled

Big One

Banned
wkCPqWF.jpg

Saw this posted elsewhere, supposedly making the rounds backstage. What do you guys think of it?
Going over this.

1. Actually do not feel this way, but you do need to give the cheating heel some wins to establish himself. With Rollins he cheats in matches against people who he should never cheat against, and that makes him look weak as hell.
2. Depends on it's execution. If it's someone most of the audience wants to see beatup then he isn't being a dick imo, but it's a random wrestler or another babyface then it's stupid, which Cena does frequently here and there.
3. Don't feel this way at all.
4. Don't feel this way at all. I'm still waiting for someone other than Cena to actually get pushed in fact that doesn't suck (aka Roman Reigns at Royal Rumble 15).
5. But they are?
6. Don't feel this way and don't know anyone who does.
7. This I will stand by. Heels should not be doing charity work, sorry. Heels need to be coming out and shitting on charity work and similar.
8. I don't feel this way. Long matches are ok but not everyone on the roster needs to have them. Shit like Wade Barrett vs. Bo Dallas in a 20 minute match is basically forcing me to turn the channel.
9. I don't feel this way either. In fact give the undercard shorter matches with more unexpected outcomes and I'd more more pressed to watch.
10. I never claimed to know much about Kevin Dunn, lol.
11. Well if the shoe fits...
12. Well if the shoe fits...
13. Agree with this. RAW sucks.
14. Barely happens with me. I tuned in for the last few weeks but everytime I switch to something else or turn the TV off all together to do something else. I haven't fully watched RAW in over a year, most of the time not watching at all.
15. Agree with this as well. I don't like hating things, but RAW is hard not to hate.

Toki767

Doing good just to do good is good.

Doing good just to get recognized for doing good is understandable.

Doing good just to get recognized for doing good so that you can parrot it every week on TV is just eye-rolling.

WWE falls on the last one most of the time.

Is it really that serious?

Doing good just to get recognized for doing good so that you can parrot it every week on TV is just eye-rolling.

They're a company trying to raise awareness for a cause. Just like any other company.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Why is it bad to help again?

If you can save someone's life, but the caveat is that it's televised and you get a ribbon in front of millions, does that mean you should say no, and let them die?

This. If your philanthropy largely relies on convincing people to buy things (i.e. donate), not coming off disingenuously is important.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This. If your philanthropy largely relies on convincing people to buy things (i.e. donate), not coming off disingenuously is important.

This sounds like "you shouldn't even TRY to help people if there's any benefit to your brand" - which I totally disagree with and I don't think that's what you're asking for, but that's what it sounds like.

I don't have a problem with WWE doing charity.

I do have a problem with it taking up RAW time when they have a roster that could be put to use. I do have a problem with Susan G Komen. And I do think it's weird that they use the charity to try and get people over a la Cena/Reigns last night, but I don't hold that against Cena or Reigns.

The wall-to-wall promotion of WWE itself on WWE TV is really lame.

Toki767

This sounds like "you shouldn't even TRY to help people if there's any benefit to your brand" - which I totally disagree with and I don't think that's what you're asking for, but that's what it sounds like.

It should help your brand in a natural way.

It shouldn't just be so that you can bring up cancer survivors and sick children any time your company feels the need to gloat.

When other people talk about the good work you do, that's when you know you're doing something good.

When you're the one talking about the good work you do, that's when it comes off as disingenuous.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys really hate WWE, damn. If you give, you're allowed to be as much of a blowhard cunt as you like. Who cares, because you gave. You helped.

I don't give a shit how disingenuous anything looks as long as the money is going where it needs to. However I'm not touching the King's indictment of Komen as I haven't done the research.

Yeah, that's not it, I mean if you want to encourage people to donate, which is what you're aiming to do in this case, I think that people will be less inclined to do so if they think you care more about putting yourself on a pedestal than the cause. I think doing it solely for brand awareness hurts more than it helps in the long run.

I mean I'd rather people took the time to research charities and make their own decisions, and support good organisations, but people are lazy and any money is better than no money.
I'm not really in the mood to deal with his "You're a misogynist if you disagree with me and my corporate friends" gator level logic bullshit right now.

There's nothing wrong with using your brand to raise awareness for a cause. This is something the NFL and NBA do constantly. This is not a new concept.

What's everyone's fave five matches of the year so far?

First blush:
1. Bayley/Sasha
2. Nak/Ibushi
3. Taker/Lesnar
4. Cena/Lesnar/Rollins
5. H/Stang

My list from earlier still holds, though i need to watch BOLA 2015 and Suzuki vs. Sugiura.

Fave Five Matches of 2015 So Far:

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi (Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Sasha Banks vs. Bayley (TakeOver: Brooklyn)
Fenix vs. Mil Muertes (Lucha Underground, Grave Consequences)
Togi Makabe vs. Tomohiro Ishii (Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Katsuyori Shibata vs. Kazushi Sakuraba (Dominion 2015)

Honorable Mentions

Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch (TakeOver: Unstoppable)
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Tomoaki Honma (The New Beginning in Sendai)
Kazuchika Okada vs. A.J. Styles (Dominion 2015)
Timothy Thatcher vs. Tommy End (EVOLVE 40)
Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns (Fastlane)
John Cena vs. Kevin Owens (Elimination Chamber)
Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins vs. John Cena (Royal Rumble)
Go Shiozaki vs. Kento Miyahara (AJPW Dream Power Series)
Shuji Ishikawa vs. Daisuke Sekimoto (BJW Ikkitousen Death Match tournament)
KUSHIDA vs. Kyle O'Reilly (Best of the Super Juniors)
Mike Bailey vs. Chris Hero (EVOLVE 47)
Ethan Carter III vs. Rockstar Spud (Impact)

So yeah, it's been a pretty good year so far, and that's without getting into Dragon Gate, CMLL, AAA, W-1, NOAH, Stardom, or wXw.

jmdajr

Yes. It's good business.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have no problem with companies doing charity things. Good on them. Of course it is PR, but who cares as long as charities get money to do shit.

Komen however is shit and wastes money on things that aren't helping people suffering from cancer. There are better organizations in this field to put your PR machine behind. That's what bothers me here. Plenty of organizations that really could use this money to fund research and advance the road to prevention or even cure. Damn shame they picked Komen out of all those options.

jmdajr

Hey look

If you're going to give money to a company that claims to raise money for finding a cure for cancer, please do some research.Komen is a scam (translation. FUCK WWE)
7:48 PM - 5 Oct 2015

I have said this before. I have done the Breast Cancer walk.
I remember being not too happy when none of the participation fee actual went to any sort of cancer help or research. I'm thinking many do not read the fine print.

According to Susan G Komen site, 80% of their funds goes to research, education and stuff like mammograms and paying hospital bills. Seems aight to me.

Top Bottom