• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

Cagey

Banned
It only works when my favorite wrestler is doing it.

My favorite wrestler is fighting against Vince/Dunn/Steph to succeed so you know if he does it he does it from the heart and its not a PR stunt.

The above is a lie. Roman Reigns getting the rub from breast cancer. See you at Mania, baby.

I don't have a problem with WWE doing charity.

I do have a problem with it taking up RAW time when they have a roster that could be put to use. I do have a problem with Susan G Komen. And I do think it's weird that they use the charity to try and get people over a la Cena/Reigns last night, but I don't hold that against Cena or Reigns.

The wall-to-wall promotion of WWE itself on WWE TV is really lame.

I have a problem with WWE's choices of charities.

Susan G. Komen Foundation is not an effective organization. It's a business built on promoting itself; its funds don't actually support cancer research; it's a cancer awareness foundation that will partner with fracking firms to sell pink fucking drill bits when research has found links between cancer and fracking. If they wanted to actually do good, partner with the Dana Farber Cancer Institute or Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.

Lest we forget, WWE teamed up with Jenny McCarthy's bullshit anti-vaccination campaign. Now that is truly offensive shit.

And that's a shoot.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
wkCPqWF.jpg

Saw this posted elsewhere, supposedly making the rounds backstage. What do you guys think of it?

I'm not saying I agree with all of this but it seems like ~90% of wrestling fans on the internet hold all of these opinions.

Mahonay

Banned
I've always thought the pink rope for every single show in the month of Ocotober was completely overkill. All the wrestlers wearing Komen shirts is not obvious enough? Now they've got the pink Komen branding on the ring apron as well. Comes off as loud and brash.

What are the odds that Bray jobs to someone with an AARP subscription again at WrestleMania?

Hopefully he won't have a match. At most he'll be a manager for Strowman in his epic match against Reigns. After Reigns finally takes down The Giant, Strowman will turn on Bray for a huge face reaction. Bray will go back to NXT.

I've been on about Komen for years, it's terrible and so is the pink washing marketing campaign that the SGK foundation has been on the forefront of over the last 20 or so years. Roughly 10% of the money they take in actually goes towards what may be worthwhile research. Never mind that Komen sues other charities for using the line "for the cure". Breast Cancer is ridiculously well funded compared to other forms of cancer and not because of the money Susan G Komen puts towards it.

I wish Pink Ribbons Inc was still on Netflix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QPZfcYTUaA

Titus got a huge problem though and won't ever make it big in WWE

and you know what it is

Yeah he's already nearly 40.

Bubba T

Seems like many people had something to say about my Cena comment. I know what I see. Someone gets hot, gets into a program with Cena, and then loses momentum. Anything-but-Creative is awful, no doubt. I can't stand how they seemingly give up on talent post-Cena.

Terrible post. Just dogshit all around. Cena makes stars.

Gimmick posting in 2015. Huh.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Hopefully he won't have a match. At most he'll be a manager for Strowman in his epic match against Reigns. After Reigns finally takes down The Giant, Strowman will turn on Bray for a huge face reaction. Bray will go back to NXT.

I fucking wish he'd go back, that was the last time someone knew how to book him.

jmdajr

Last night’s episode of WWE RAW ranked in second for the night in non-sporting events in the Neilsen Twitter TV ratings.

This week’s WWE RAW Twitter TV ratings featured RAW coming back with a unique audience (number of accounts) of 1.573 million, up from 1.340 million last week. In addition, RAW had total impressions of 7.534 million (number of total tweets), which is also up from last week’s 7.416 million.

klonere

Banned
Last night’s episode of WWE RAW ranked in second for the night in non-sporting events in the Neilsen Twitter TV ratings.

This week’s WWE RAW Twitter TV ratings featured RAW coming back with a unique audience (number of accounts) of 1.573 million, up from 1.340 million last week. In addition, RAW had total impressions of 7.534 million (number of total tweets), which is also up from last week’s 7.416 million.

WWE inability to convert social media followers into cash/viewers is a big problem. Something they need to solve.

jmdajr

Sometimes my balls hurt and I fear I have cancer, but then I stop masturbating for a while and all is well again. Does that count as awareness?

As long as you are feeling your balls frequently and not just when going to xhamster.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The thing you should actually be annoyed with is that, much like any meme on NeoGAF, the WWE immediately ran everything that was entertaining about the New Day into the ground as soon as they saw it was getting a reaction.

D-Von should have broken Xavier's trombone weeks ago.

Anth0ny

WWE inability to convert social media followers into cash/viewers is a big problem. Something they need to solve.

they should charge $1.49 to follow a superstar on twitter

i mean, wcw used to charge that much to use their hotline PER MINUTE. and that was just to listen to little old mean gene.

this is john cena and roman reigns we're talking about here

Top Bottom