• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

6XBGoK9.gif

First Swann constantly botches the singing of "All Night Long," then he botches a fucking flip.

Of course WWE is rumored to have signed him.

Caderfix

I'm watching Swerved, and, man, Kofi, the Usos, Zack Ryder and Curtis Axel seem like legitimately nice guys. Fandango is funny as hell

Man God

Non-Canon Member
man this is right up there with pacman jones, and earl hebner knocking out sonjay dutt

Serg knocking out AJ Styles is still probably the most reprehensible thing to happen on TNA Impact as far as those sorts of storylines go. Sonjay Dutt was a foreigner, a heel, and an invader so no reason to keep him strong. Meanwhile AJ was starting up a Crow Sting like angle and was the company's biggest face.

First Swann constantly botches the singing of "All Night Long," then he botches a fucking flip.

Of course WWE is rumored to have signed him.

He was trying to keep up with Jack Evans and his elite breakdancing ways. He failed miserably.

Also he really does suck at singing that song. And takes too long to come out during it.

RP912

Banned
In hilarious TNA news:

Its all storyline because they don't have any new tapings or episodes after the pay per view.

Smh...you know what...I'm going to let TNA slide with this fuckery. At least they are trying to keep the situation as kayfabe as possible.

Zach

I remember loving this angle with Austin and Michaels winning the tag titles as frienemies. It's one of the few WWF storylines that I watched over my beloved WCW.

UberTag

Also, shocking fucking news:
F4WOnline.com is reporting that the WWE currently has no plans to push Cesaro anytime soon due to Cesaro reportedly "in the doghouse" with WWE Management.

Bryan Alvarez did not offer an explanation on this situation, but it had been rumored that Cesaro possibly got involved in an incident backstage.
Clearly Cesaro's swissness has caught up to him. Serves him right for getting over. I hope they take all "Cesaro Section" signs away from the fans at TV tapings.

Sanjuro

And of course the lone black man in the promo is portrayed as an animalistic savage. Hilarious how wrestling is the one place where the South had a better handle on positive representation of minorities compared to Vincent Karny McMahon's minstrel show known as the WWF.

I disagree. The only savage here is cocaine.

Outside that, I agree.

UberTag

...Mean Gene? What?

Mean Gene conducted interviews for the most part. He didn't do promos.
1189.gif

Man... and I thought I made the sarcasm blatantly obvious in that one, too.
(I love how when you Google image search the terms "disappointed wrestler" the first response you get is Zack Ryder.)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Clearly Cesaro's swissness has caught up to him. Serves him right for getting over. I hope they take all "Cesaro Section" signs away from the fans at TV tapings.

As much as I'd like to believe its a Swiss Conspiracy, there are several relatively popular dudes who aren't doing anything right now (namely Orton and Ambrose, who are only tangentially involved in Reigns' feud, and Sheamus, who isn't actually feuding with anyone other than the audience)

Oersted

As much as I'd like to believe its a Swiss Conspiracy, there are several relatively popular dudes who aren't doing anything right now (namely Orton and Ambrose, who are only tangentially involved in Reigns' feud, and Sheamus, who isn't actually feuding with anyone other than the audience)

Sheamus has still that friggin briefcase. Orton is still used for everything when noone else (otherwise known as Big Show) stands around. Ambrose eats pins and losses for Reigns.

All bad. But somehow still better than Cesaro.

I love Cesaro, but if he hasn't figured out how to show a little more personality by now, can you really blame WWE for thinking that maybe he's not a good choice to hitch their wagon to? People here call Triple H, an obvious A, a "B+", but that type of descriptor seems much more perfect for Cesaro - one of the very best wrestlers of the world, in his time, on a par with the greats of all-time in that respect, yet quite unskilled at the other things - promos, acting, interviews, etc. - that really get audiences invested enough in a feud to want to pour money into it. WWE gave him two great managers, but he's like Dolph (though obviously much better, and not nearly as annoying) in that his big matches are never about wanting to see his character succeed and advance, never about being invested in his story going into the match, but about how awesome the match is going to be because of all the movez he's going to do. That's what he lacks in comparison to Daniel Bryan, who was almost infinitely less physically credible yet always had the audiences engaged not just in his matches, but him. That's also what Sami Zayn has, and it's what Sasha Banks has as a heel.

Top Bottom