• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

RBH

All-knowing WrassleGAF: who should've ended Goldberg's streak?

bgcutter.gif

I love Cesaro, but if he hasn't figured out how to show a little more personality by now, can you really blame WWE for thinking that maybe he's not a good choice to hitch their wagon to? People here call Triple H, an obvious A, a "B+", but that type of descriptor seems much more perfect for Cesaro - one of the very best wrestlers of the world, in his time, on a par with the greats of all-time in that respect, yet quite unskilled at the other things - promos, acting, interviews, etc. - that really get audiences invested enough in a feud to want to pour money into it. WWE gave him two great managers, but he's like Dolph (though obviously much better, and not nearly as annoying) in that his big matches are never about wanting to see his character succeed and advance, never about being invested in his story going into the match, but about how awesome the match is going to be because of all the movez he's going to do. That's what he lacks in comparison to Daniel Bryan, who was almost infinitely less physically credible yet always had the audiences engaged not just in his matches, but him. That's also what Sami Zayn has, and it's what Sasha Banks has as a heel.

It's a new day situation. Person(s) with personality but need a platform other than youtube to show them.

Big He's Twitter was a joke for a while before the new day.

Stuff like THIS

Or when he was on the JBL and cole show

I love Cesaro, but if he hasn't figured out how to show a little more personality by now, can you really blame WWE for thinking that maybe he's not a good choice to hitch their wagon to? People here call Triple H, an obvious A, a "B+", but that type of descriptor seems much more perfect for Cesaro - one of the very best wrestlers of the world, in his time, on a par with the greats of all-time in that respect, yet quite unskilled at the other things - promos, acting, interviews, etc. - that really get audiences invested enough in a feud to want to pour money into it. WWE gave him two great managers, but he's like Dolph (though obviously much better, and not nearly as annoying) in that his big matches are never about wanting to see his character succeed and advance, never about being invested in his story going into the match, but about how awesome the match is going to be because of all the movez he's going to do. That's what he lacks in comparison to Daniel Bryan, who was almost infinitely less physically credible yet always had the audiences engaged not just in his matches, but him.

Well, the wanting to see him succeed is on creative, but I agree he just doesn't have the promo skills That's fine, though. Look at Reigns last night. Completely stilted and awkward in that Susan G Komen segment. But there's no reason Reigns and Cesaro can't be big names, they're just not cut out for being The One. I reject the idea that WWE need to hitch their wagon to one guy, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would say a heel Bret coming into WCW would have been perfect to ending the streak, but the screwjob sets up Bret as the ultimate babyface so that would completely waste that. But if he was heel, yeah he could say 'I beat Stone Cold AND I beat Goldberg' and that could be your second heel in the whole promotion that you move into the top spot once you're tired of paying Hogan's checks

That aside
tumblr_mqcsblay981qhjbxeo4_250.gif

It's Steiner. Scott was the only guy that really felt like a rival for Billy

MC Safety

I like the dancing stuff the WWE is doing. I can watch Becky Lynch and Charlotte do that oddly erotic/spastic horsie thing for hours. And the New Day and The Boss dancing to Kiss From a Rose is awesome, too.

I'm cynical the WWE is doing it to "raise awareness" for pediatric children's cancer.

I guess crazy stunts to promote awareness for a disease is better than doing nothing.But certainly not by much.

Whoa, wait a minute, Dok. What are you talking about? What happens to us in the future? What, do we become assholes or something?

No, no, no, no, no, Hunter. Both you and Steph turn out fine. It's these marks, Hunter. Something gotta be done about your marks!

Hey, Dok, you better back up, we don't have enough members of the WWE Universe to fill up AT&T Stadium.

Fans? Where we're going, we don't need...fans. We just need $9.99.

Main Title:
I0OoGMK.gif

probably should have been Meng

High Voltage no contest with Disco Inferno & Alex Wright in 2:47 when Meng came out to put the Tongan death grip on all four guys, plus ref Billy Silverman and two members of security leaving seven guys dead. Meng also no-sold a few shots of mace in the eyes from security before taking that guy out.

this was in 1998

Advertising Age on 8/17 ran its story about wrestling's big cable ratings. According to a study, last year $55.3 million was spent on wrestling advertising for all the promotions combined. Both WWF and WCW would give any ad revenues. There wasn't much to the story besides a listing of advertisers. Eric Bischoff did try and differentiate between the two products. The story said Bischoff is trying to make wrestling more mainstream using lighter storylines and celebrity guests while WWF is positioning itself edgier. Bischoff claimed the WWF's direction "will have a devastating impact on the business and set wrestling back 20 years. (Advertisers) are not watching what (WWF) is doing, because if they did, they would run." Vince McMahon countered saying, "What we do is aggressive, but not violent. Murder, rape, those are blatant acts of violence." McMahon also said WWF would extend its business into other forms of media citing movies, other TV shows and comic books

basicially true today

Oersted

Smackdown spoilers:

Paige gets beaten by
Naomi

They are burying her, aren't they?

Bonus:

Ryback beats
Rusev

Oersted

No way that last one's clean. Unless they've lost their minds.

Apparently
clean
as fuck.

Also Neville jobs to
Barrett

Bonus:

Reigns/
Orton
vs Strowman/Bray.
DQ
win for
the faces due to Bray using a weapon on Reigns. New Day come out to beat Reigns down, but Dudleys come for the save. Woods trough the table.

Anth0ny

Apparently
clean
as fuck.

Also Neville jobs to
Barrett

Bonus:

Reigns/
Orton
vs Strowman/Bray.
DQ
win for
the faces due to Bray using a weapon on Reigns. New Day come out to beat Reigns down, but Dudleys come for the save. Woods trough the table.

so in one week
new day beats down both cena and reigns. they are going hard with this babyface push, huh

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is holding the tights supposed to be illegal because why

Top Bottom