• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Celebrating 20 Years of the YET-AY!

jred2k

I don't think Emma had ever made french toast before that video was recorded. Don't pick it up and smell the egginess ma'am. Never trust food from an Australian.

Edit: Yep. Pretty sure it was just a 7 minute excuse for her to lick her fingers.

DMczaf

I don't think Emma had ever made french toast before that video was recorded. Don't pick it up and smell the egginess ma'am. Never trust food from an Australian.

Edit: Yep. Pretty sure it was just a 7 minute excuse for her to lick her fingers.

10,000 subscribers, friend.

Aiii

So not worth it

You make it sound like this is a bad thing.

She knows how to get those hits, those follows, those subscriptions, friend.

It's all about the YouTube game, and how you play it.

Aiii

So not worth it
don't you know that any appreciation of any kind of sexual inuendo makes you a mysoginist pig?

Oh, I have a friend that doesn't even use "she" or "he" when referring to people, since it's too gender confining and YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT GENDER THEY IDENTIFY WITH.

I am well aware.

I'm all for people being whatever the fuck they want, but don't tell me off because I'm referring to a woman as "she", dammit!

[/randomnrant]

Browny

Banned
Don't know what I would laugh at harder, them putting the belt right back on Hardy tonight, or putting it back on EC3 tonight.

Co-TNA Champions, like they did with Hardy and MVP all those years ago.

Which was good fun, at the time.

More heels need to wear $500+ clothing

tumblr_nrzzjtKSDV1tl23yuo2_500.gif

tumblr_nrzzjtKSDV1tl23yuo4_500.gif

Nah, stuff has been taped, we just don't know the order or what's going on.

Is there unused footage left from the July tapings? They used the Tomasso Ciampa match, the Mahabali Shera vs. James Storm match, The Dollhouse vs. The Beautiful People match, and the Drew Galloway & Matt Hardy vs. EC3 & Tyrus match last week.

I'm sure they can cobble something together, but it seemed like everything has aired.

Is there unused footage left from the July tapings? They used the Tomasso Ciampa match, the Mahabali Shera vs. James Storm match, The Dollhouse vs. The Beautiful People match, and the Drew Galloway & Matt Hardy vs. EC3 & Tyrus match last week.

I'm sure they can cobble something together, but it seemed like everything has aired.

They did another two tapings that I know of. The only reason I know about them is because they did Tigre Uno vs Gail Kim for some insane reason

Heel

I'm surprised they didn't ask who is making the October Wrasslin' OT, imbask.

The legacy of Bronx-Man, WrassleGAF's blue chipper, will continue on posthumously. It's what he would've wanted. In fact, I may make the November thread tomorrow in his honor.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm surprised they didn't ask who is making the October Wrasslin' OT, imbask.

The legacy of Bronx-Man, WrassleGAF's blue chipper, will continue on posthumously. It's what he would've wanted. In fact, I may make the November thread tomorrow in his honor.

0BmMOv1_zpsa861e592.gif

Anth0ny

TripleH says on conference call that he's met with New Japan about working out something as it relates to NXT. "We'll see what comes of it."

BAZ3gLD.gif

If they are actually in talks, I can't imagine a scenario where new japan would turn down WWE. this could be awesome.

Ithil

More heels need to wear $500+ clothing

tumblr_nrzzjtKSDV1tl23yuo2_500.gif

tumblr_nrzzjtKSDV1tl23yuo4_500.gif

No, you must wear your ring gear and your butt ugly merch shirt. Individual real life clothing is forbidden.

BAZ3gLD.gif

If they are actually in talks, I can't imagine a scenario where new japan would turn down WWE. this could be awesome.

Sho Tanaka and Yohei Komatsu must be due to go on their learning excursions soon enough, right? Feels like they've been young lions forever. Perhaps one of them could go to NXT for a while in an exchange.

Zach

And now I respond like you're all serious.

Kevin Nash, but clean

Makes sense if he's going to be your top guy. Whether or not having a bad, extremely limited, fragile worker as your top guy is a good idea is another discussion. D+

I'd be okay with this, but wasn't Bret totally disillusioned with The Business after The Screwjob? Probably not a good idea if he wasn't into it. C-

Should have been DDP.

This is one of the better ideas, especially because of that Diamond Cutter gif. My only concern is DDP was pretty old and couldn't really be the future. B

Judy Bagwell

I can't say that I share your vision on this one, Matthew Gallant. If you'd like to go into detail about how this would work, I would love to hear it. Thank you. F

That aside
tumblr_mqcsblay981qhjbxeo4_250.gif

It's Steiner. Scott was the only guy that really felt like a rival for Billy

Very interesting. I kinda fell off as a fan during Scotty's rise, so I look forward to seeing that on the Network... eventually. C+

A time-traveling Roman Reigns.

This probably isn't even possible, avengers23. And if Roman was not traveling through time, he'd probably be a small boy when he defeated Goldberg. I'm disappointed in you. F

But why? After the Starrcade '97 debacle, he stopped mattering in my eyes. Maybe I was overly disappointed, I dunno. I guess this would've been okay just because he has become, ultimately, the quintessential WCW guy. C

Outside answer: Jericho.

If we're talking absolute fantasy, WCW should have signed Angle and had Angle end Goldberg's streak.

Or this smooth motherfucker:
Dandypimp.jpg

You've answered like 35 times, avengers23. I love '98 Jericho. Angle was great back in the day. Who am I to doubt El Dandy? Unfortunately, though, you've been disqualified. DISQUALIFIED

probably should have been Meng

Daaang. I'm kinda into this. Just watched Meng beat Benoit in a deathmatch or whatevers at one of the last PPVs I watched. B-

Guerrero.
Low blow move to a roll up holding tight

This would've been so confusing back in the late nineties. Eddie was great, but did not have the look in WCW. That's right, I'm saying he shouldn't win because of his look. It just wouldn't have felt like it made sense. D

Lord steven regal should have ended Goldberg streak

I'm torn on this. Lord Steven Regal is one of my favorites EVER. Like, Top 10 all-time. But it would've been underwhelming at the time. It wouldn't have worked for Regal's character. Still, Regal. C+

Jericho.
His program with Goldberg was one of the best things about that time period.

Would've killed Goldberg, but I'd be okay with it just because I loved Jericho so much at the time. And hopefully it would've catapulted WCW Jericho into greatness! (Yeah right. v_v) Some of my concerns about Regal and others would've applied, but whatever. B-

Nobody. He should have retired undefeated.

When? What year? What organization? This is all key. Tentative C

Triple H has never been a top-level talent. F

They did another two tapings that I know of. The only reason I know about them is because they did Tigre Uno vs Gail Kim for some insane reason

Oh yeah, they did tape some One Night Only matches in July. The matches from that taping are nutty:

Davey Richards vs. Robbie E
Bobby Lashley vs. Ethan Carter III
Tigre Uno vs. Gail Kim
Barbed Wire Massacre: Tigre Uno vs. Abyss
Fatal 4-Way elimination match: Bobby Roode vs. Eddie Edwards vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Rockstar Spud
Madison Rayne vs. Brooke Tessmacher
Kenny King (LOLTNA) vs. Crazzy Steve
Eric Young vs. Tigre Uno
Ethan Carter III vs. DJ Zema Ion
Bobby Lasley vs. Mahabali Shera
Tigre Uno, Manik, and Mark Andrews vs. Eli Drake, Micah, Jessie Godderz, and Crimson
Robbie E vs. Aiden O'Shea
The Wolves vs. Tyrus and Micah
Jessie Godderz vs. Rockstar Spud
Chris Melendez vs. Manik

Tigre Uno got a lot of work during that taping. And that's
alleged coker
Eli Drake to the rest of us.

That Halloween Havoc match with Goldberg and DDP was crazy. Heavily teasing the fact that while DDP couldn't beat Goldberg, the Diamond Cutter might be able to...

I have never seen a crowd lose their shit for a move as much as right there.

Sephzilla

But why? After the Starrcade '97 debacle, he stopped mattering in my eyes. Maybe I was overly disappointed, I dunno. I guess this would've been okay just because he has become, ultimately, the quintessential WCW guy. C

Sting being the guy who ends Goldberg's streak would have basically redeemed the Starccade debacle in my opinion. It would have taken the guy who single handily fought the nWo to beat Goldberg instead of a cheating heel to do it. This way another face is put over big time and Goldberg's mystique is pretty well preserved since it took the face of the company to take him down. And since everyone else isn't Sting, the next time some heel is talking trash and Goldberg's music hits you know shit's about to go down.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finally getting the Table for 3 with IC guys watched - first question to Bryan was how long he was IC champ, and his response is he doesn't know.

Man. He's done.

You guys are getting real excited for Sho Tanaka

New Japan have got very high hopes for him, he's Tanahashi's disciple (Komatsu is Liger's) and Tanahashi's spoken a lot about the promise he shows not only in the ring, but in his mentality as well - Komatsu has always been the obvious stand-out of the pair in terms of ability and technique, but Tanaka's better at emoting and getting the crowd behind him, plus he's got a strong look and everything's starting to click for him in-ring now. An excursion to NXT would be amazing for him (although perhaps New Japan should be wary of sending their young talent into the waiting arms of WWE, considering how few young lions there are in training).

I'll lol forever if NJPW sends some young lions over to NXT and they get converted and stay in America because of things like a cool stage, Dark Emma, and fat American food

New Japan have got very high hopes for him, he's Tanahashi's disciple (Komatsu is Liger's) and Tanahashi's spoken a lot about the promise he shows not only in the ring, but in his mentality as well - Komatsu has always been the obvious stand-out of the pair in terms of ability and technique, but Tanaka's better at emoting and getting the crowd behind him, plus he's got a strong look and everything's starting to click for him in-ring now. An excursion to NXT would be amazing for him (although perhaps New Japan should be wary of sending their young talent into the waiting arms of WWE, considering how few young lions there are in training).

Yeah, I had assumed that they would send their veterans who are getting on and have always wanted a US run similar to Liger. They'd also have to balance with the joint shows with ROH, which get NJPW's headline talent.

In other words, I want Yuji Nagata in NXT slapping the taste out of Baron Corbin's mouth. I'd settle for Tama Tonga getting sent abroad so he actually gets used. Yano getting a US run would also be funny.

Top Bottom